Infraction Infraction v2 - hobbywing 4985sl motor hitting front diff cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GB25

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 8s
Hey

I have a question regarding the v2 infraction - I’m putting a mmx 8s with a hobbywing 4985 motor. I’d have preferred the castle 1717 but almost it’s impossible to find in Australia at the moment.

I’m using the stock motor mount - stock diffs/shafts - and I’m getting rubbing on the motor with the front drive shaft cup.

I’ve been using these forums for reference for everything in this build and I haven’t seen anyone post issues of rubbing when recommending this motor for the infraction - so I’m curious as to if it’s something I’m doing wrong.

You can see in the photo attached the marking on the cup. It’s taken a very small chunk out of the first motor fin. Other photo shows the motor mounted within the infraction.

Thanks guys

3B4AF5AE-A5E6-4795-9520-B21C59AE3DF4.jpeg

81E3D88B-DA5E-4FA9-90B7-56FFE45AEFB4.jpeg

Other people might not have the problem because they might be running a larger pinion which would make the motor have to be further away from that drive cup. Looks like you would only need a slightly larger one to make it happy

Out of curiosity what is your pinion and spur gear size currently?
At this stage its all the stock standard gearing. 15T pinion, 46T spur. I have a heap of different Pinions on order from 14T upto 25.
What sized pinion are you running? You will have to gear up due to the lower kv motor.
At this stage the stock standard gearing - 15T pinion, 46T spur. I have a heap of different pinions on order im hoping to recieve by next week. What would you recommend pinion size with the standard 46T spur? - Thanks!

At this stage its all the stock standard gearing. 15T pinion, 46T spur. I have a heap of different Pinions on order from 14T upto 25.

At this stage the stock standard gearing - 15T pinion, 46T spur. I have a heap of different pinions on order im hoping to recieve by next week. What would you recommend pinion size with the standard 46T spur? - Thanks!
Ok perfect, sounds like you will get it worked out when those come in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back