Infraction Infraction V2 Incognito build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So it turns out sitting in a hospital room gets expensive fast... in many ways ? Our 8 year old son just finished up 6 weeks at Univ. of Michigan children’s hospital for bone marrow transplant. He and I had lots of time to look at RC stuff online, and talk about building a track in our back yard this fall. I’ve had an Infraction V2 on order at my LHS, and could not help myself from ending up over the 6 weeks with ordering this pile for it:

970F1B11-F5B2-4505-8EC9-E00C9D3BF7FA.jpeg

Got a few more parts I’m waiting on that were on back order, but this is a decent start. Will be using my DX5R with it, and hoping it comes in soon!

I’m not a speed run type, so although I had initially planned to go 8S, don’t really see the need...famous last words I know?

I like the OG body, so will sell or keep as back up the V2, and probably do some LED lights of some sort.

My son decided he wants an Outcast to go along with his Rustler VXL, so once he’s able to go outside again I think I’ll surprise him, he has certainly been through enough in the last year to earn it many times over.

Will try to post things as I go, nothing crazy, just lots of Aluminum parts, well, because I think they look cool.

Found this forum while looking for things to occupy my mind in hospital, and I’ve really enjoyed reading posts here, good to have a hobby distraction when you just need to think about something fun.

Hope the little guy is doing better. ✊?

As far as the 8S vs 6S, it just means that you finish off a set of tires every pack or less vs tires lasting two packs ??????

Finally got a chance to start putting parts on tonight after finally getting our little man home! Did the Extreme Racing splitter and side skirts first. Not super impressed, had to modify most of the holes in splitter to get it to line up with the mounting piece, Looks good on, but just was a pain. Side skirts needed trimming to fit, and I really wish they would have made them stick out farther, would definitely help with stuff coming up onto chassis.

Did the HR rear chassis brace, HR center brace rod ends, HR diffuser supports, HR rear body mount supports, and STRC rear chassis brace mount.

Chassis brace, pretty much exactly like stock, perfect fit.

Center brace rod ends. Just don’t. Not the best design, uses a nylon crush washer, but then 2 o-rings per end, so ends do not contact rods except via mutual contact with internal threaded rod. The sleeves that go through each end are steel and oversize, so they were a bit of a pain. Would stay with stock after installing if I had to do it again.

Diffuser supports, perfect fit but really, just aesthetic, they don’t really have much responsibility after all lol.

Rear body mount, fit well, definitely removes side to side flex stocks have.

STRC rear brace mount. Does NOT play well with the HR center brace rod ends, not really the fault of the mount though.

Overall what I learned... the Arrma parts are really well designed and executed. I probably gained very little if anything in improvement, and if I had to do it again I’d probably do none of them till maintenance required it. I got sucked into the thinking they looked cool, but now that they are on it seems the stock parts were more cohesive as a whole. Lesson learned.

CFD140DD-87B3-4D22-81EF-3DB89BF594A5.jpeg

9BB91BB1-B835-4EC9-8DE3-F3CAAE22D7A8.jpeg

83D8AE50-F579-4114-BD60-56FA6A8FE995.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back