Infraction v2 motor/esc upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not fussy tbh, just want the option for more power but think an 8s set up would be the way forward? Am new to this hobby, bigger the motor Kv the more the power? Thanks
More power is always nice but it comes with more expenses like tires for one. you need to start small and work up. get some practice in on the stock system while checking your motor ESC & battery temps { heat kills ] & go from there. This hobby can get real expensive & frustrating real quick. and you will need cooling fans. & hooning on 8s is not cheap 6s is plenty

Last edited:
More power is always nice but it comes with more expenses like tires for one. you need to start small and work up. get some practice in on the stock system while checking your motor ESC & battery temps { heat kills ] & go from there. This hobby can get real expensive & frustrating real quick. and you will cooling fans
So I have been looking at upgraded parts for my infraction v2, what set up are people running for 8s? Thanks in advance!
This is so true , I try to move fast too and is cost me didn’t know about temps I was too new and burned esc and motor castle combos so take it slow 6s is plenty but you seem like you want to bash get the max5-6 combo that’s for bashing better than castle .

This is so true , I try to move fast too and is cost me didn’t know about temps I was too new and burned esc and motor castle combos so take it slow 6s is plenty but you seem like you want to bash get the max5-6 combo that’s for bashing better th

Not fussy tbh, just want the option for more power but think an 8s set up would be the way forward? Am new to this hobby, bigger the motor Kv the more the power? Thanks
You can also get more power from a lower kv motor by selecting the right gearing . look up the speedrun threads on the forum very helpfull

So I have been looking at upgraded parts for my infraction v2, what set up are people running for 8s? Thanks in advance!
Welcome...

Infraction owner to another....what is your end-game. Speed or bashing? I have upgraded in certain areas that apply to what I do. I am a basher and drifter so 6S is all I need for the full power rush on how I bash. 9min tires and batteries and done, :LOL: but that is full on the throttle running. Lots of heat.

Good fans which I have Game Changer to keep motor and ESC cool total of 3, better servo, skid plates for the hard corning and drift to protect the bottom, Firma 160 ESC just for better voltage with the more powerful servo, lights al over, fans, and stock motor 2050kv and 19T pinion is my speed spot to keep temps 150F ish. Lots of tuning of course to droop screws, shocks, racked stance, etc to give me the best bashing performance.

What do you want to do with it? Speed build is very different from a bashing build when I say the speed you are wanting over 100mph+. This is not a basher build

Welcome...

Infraction owner to another....what is your end-game. Speed or bashing? I have upgraded in certain areas that apply to what I do. I am a basher and drifter so 6S is all I need for the full power rush on how I bash. 9min tires and batteries and done, :LOL: but that is full on the throttle running. Lots of heat.

Good fans which I have Game Changer to keep motor and ESC cool total of 3, better servo, skid plates for the hard corning and drift to protect the bottom, Firma 160 ESC just for better voltage with the more powerful servo, lights al over, fans, and stock motor 2050kv and 19T pinion is my speed spot to keep temps 150F ish. Lots of tuning of course to droop screws, shocks, racked stance, etc to give me the best bashing performance.

What do you want to do with it? Speed build is very different from a bashing build when I say the speed you are wanting over 100mph+. This is not a basher build
Cheers for that information! Ermmm tbh am still 5050 on what my end goal is, I just want to safe guard my set up. I have underbody wheel arch liners, lower arm plastic inserts, front and rear skid plates and also under body skin. I have just installed a rocket fan on the motor as it was hot when I was bashing the other day, but kept stopping with body off for cooling. Going to also buy another one foe ESC which wasn't even warm but just to be safe. I have the reprogramming box so do you think an upgrade for me would be the 160A esc and would that give me more safeguard for frying it?

Cheers for that information! Ermmm tbh am still 5050 on what my end goal is, I just want to safe guard my set up. I have underbody wheel arch liners, lower arm plastic inserts, front and rear skid plates and also under body skin. I have just installed a rocket fan on the motor as it was hot when I was bashing the other day, but kept stopping with body off for cooling. Going to also buy another one foe ESC which wasn't even warm but just to be safe. I have the reprogramming box so do you think an upgrade for me would be the 160A esc and would that give me more safeguard for frying it?

OK...so 5050..understood feeling it out :) . If you plan to do speed runs weight is a concern so you will not overload as I did my basher. Make straight runs, time it, cool it, and run again. Not saying it does not get hot...bashing creates some electronic heat.

Above sounds like you were bashing it this time. I have a Firma 160A in my Infraction but that alone did not help it to run cooler. Does help, and yes does help to have an 8S ESC running it at 6S naturally it does not work at max. However, like today you are still going to get heat from it.

Speaking for me as a basher and in the south where I had those Yeah racing, Rocket, 35mm fans, etc did NOT work. Still hit the thermal cut-off in the summer. You will hear the term Game-Changer fans but I do make my own now...easy to do. But these taller 40mm fans are very effective since they run off a separate 3S battery to pull max power fan more air than an ESC fan can pull. I am not saying you need to do this....but bashing and heat it creates those flat fans, even dual little fans powering off the ESC power were not enough for thermal cut-off.

This fan on top of the Firma 160A and was on my Firma 150A. Changing ESC for me made no difference in ESC cooling just had a good deal on the Firma 160A and ran low temps on both...slightly lower on the 160A nothing huge:
1657683454444.png

Motor has two and those two work hard to keep the motor between 160-170F so for me one of those fans would not work where I live in the summer to keep me in that temp range. 170F and below for the motor.
1657683425677.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back