Infraction Infraction v2 or Limitless v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

(probably posted in the wrong forum....sorry)

If you had the choice between an Infraction or Limitless, both v2, which one would it be and why. The r/c would be used strictly for speed runs. No bashing, no drifting. What parts would you get and why? Keeping it reasonable, but not to exceed say $3k. Tell me what you guys think.

Thx.

Hey all,

(probably posted in the wrong forum....sorry)

If you had the choice between an Infraction or Limitless, both v2, which one would it be and why. The r/c would be used strictly for speed runs. No bashing, no drifting. What parts would you get and why? Keeping it reasonable, but not to exceed say $3k. Tell me what you guys think.

Thx.

Then that's an easy answer.

Limitless v2.

Everything about this model is designed to assist the driver for maximum high speed.
Obviously it still depends on what you put into it ,and your driving skills.
But the platform has been proven solid and Fast ,by multiple individuals.

How fast are you looking to go?
V2 limitless is a great option.

I don't believe the perfect pass shafts are available for the V2 yet, but that would be one factor to consider.
$420 Car itself
$360 Full scorched chassis kit
$120 perfect pass drive shafts.
$40 Aftermarket spool with 8mm output cups. Change the front and rear diffs to the M2C or Tekno input cups, HD springs, travel limiters,
$140-250 Delta plastiks body (either FC100 or WR Speed)
$250-600 Start with some CNHL G+ 6000mAh LiPos to cut your teeth and then move up to ONYX or SMC later.
$300-900 Quality Radio setup with range booster if necessary, 45kg servo, eliminate slop in the suspension and shim the hubs as needed.
$400-550 XLX2 and TP4070cm or 4080cm (or SVM model) (8mm shaft motor)
$400 Invest in about 20+ of the 8mm bore mod 1 gears. (range recommended from 24t to 44t)
$130-180 PPS motor mount or Scorched Roto-lock motor mount.

That will put you near budget!

Another option is the Hobao VTE2 and oddly enough the parts list is nearly the same except you don't need to replace the factory spool.
James took the factory chassis VTE2 up to 180+ mph.

Last edited:
Have you done much speed running before? If not, I'd advise against putting together a $3000 car for cutting your teeth. Go with a V2 Limitless and see how far you can push it in its stock configuration starting with 4S power and then moving to 6S and then 8S. The two things I'd say are:
  1. Don't skimp on the ESC and get an XLX2 right from the start
  2. Beef up the center drive train sooner rather than later (center drive shafts, spool, drive cups, bearings)
If this isn't your first dedicated speed run build and you've already gone beyond 120-130mph, then I refer you back to @LibertyMKiii's post for a proper list of parts.

That's my $0.02.

V2 Lim all the way. No hesitation.(y) Well revised.
A GT body down the road, if you are so inclined.
Just me.:cool:
Have you done much speed running before? If not, I'd advise against putting together a $3000 car for cutting your teeth. Go with a V2 Limitless and see how far you can push it in its stock configuration starting with 4S power and then moving to 6S and then 8S. The two things I'd say are:
  2. Beef up the center drive train sooner rather than later (center drive shafts, spool, drive cups, bearings)
If this isn't your first dedicated speed run build and you've already gone beyond 120-130mph, then I refer you back to @LibertyMKiii's post for a proper list of parts.

That's my $0.02.
+1.
@Diem Turner and @LibertyMKiii gave you two ways to approach this. Points well made.
100% agree.
V2 Lim in stock config is much to cut your teeth with out the box.:giggle:

I went a little crazy there with the 3k budget.

I completely agree on starting with 4s and learning this side of the hobby, but you are also exploring if you should go further.

V2 Limitless
XLX2 (QS8 connectors)
TP4070cm or 4080cm
GRP XM3 tires
CNHL G+ 6000mAh 4s packs (run in parallel config)
Good radio and 45kg servo

Run it up to 120 mph and then make the big decision, go further with the build or stop there.
At that point, you will know if you have the road quality capable of going faster or not. Then invest in Stage II of the build if it makes sense at that point.

The road is the biggest limiting factor by far. (looks like you do west of the big city taking a quick glance at google maps street view)

Yeah space is the most important consideration. I learned that real quick.
You can have a setup that is $balls to the wall$, with no place to run those long legs. Becomes frustrating, until you just learn to accept it.
Baby steps.(y)

Last edited:
Both duh.. that way you can get your daily dose of speed hits and have a basher to hoon around in!! Then a couple more to pick up the slack in the other platforms!! 🤣 💯
Precisely what I did.

That's my $0.02.
I currently have 2 v2 Infractions. I have not done anything to 1 of them, other than get a custom r34 body. It's still new and collecting dust at this point. It literally fell into my lap as a freebie. I was planning on making that into a speed run car. As for the other Infraction, I have currently got it up to 139mph. Carbon fibber everywhere, castle 1717 1650kv, mamba x 8s, running dual 4s 9000 batts, 200k F/100k Rear fluid, titanium springs all around for stiffness, 30 pinion, 34 spool, and titanium drive shafts from Scorched. There are other parts, but I really only wanted to get a pb of 100+. Then, I found myself wanting more speed. That's where I am at now. But, I will be regearing that Infraction back to the 25T pinion, and 40T spool. So, I can go back and mess around with my buds for bashing.

Yeah space is the most important consideration. I learned that real quick.
You can have a setup that is $balls to the wall$, with no place to run those long legs. Becomes frustrating, until you just learn to accept it.
Baby steps.(y)
This is exactly why my limitless gt is for sale. it's almost impossible to find a smooth flat quiet road in the uk

I currently have 2 v2 Infractions. I have not done anything to 1 of them, other than get a custom r34 body. It's still new and collecting dust at this point. It literally fell into my lap as a freebie. I was planning on making that into a speed run car. As for the other Infraction, I have currently got it up to 139mph. Carbon fibber everywhere, castle 1717 1650kv, mamba x 8s, running dual 4s 9000 batts, 200k F/100k Rear fluid, titanium springs all around for stiffness, 30 pinion, 34 spool, and titanium drive shafts from Scorched. There are other parts, but I really only wanted to get a pb of 100+. Then, I found myself wanting more speed. That's where I am at now. But, I will be regearing that Infraction back to the 25T pinion, and 40T spool. So, I can go back and mess around with my buds for bashing.

It would be cheaper to continue on with your current build. Maybe move the MMX8s/1717 to the basher and get an XLX2 and TP motor for the speed demon.

so the tp 4080 actually fits in the limitless v2? I eyeballed it months ago but never tried it. It did look like it might fit though.

As others have said
V2 Limitless
If you get the infraction you're going to have to toss a lot of the electronics anyway so might as well start off with the roller and build it as you see fit....

so the tp 4080 actually fits in the limitless v2? I eyeballed it months ago but never tried it. It did look like it might fit though.
Not in the forward position, no. You'd definitely have to flip the mount. I just watched a video a day or two ago where a guy tried and it didn't fit so he went with a 4070.

quick question:

Can you use parts from an Infraction v2 in a Limitless v2? I'm thinking yes. But, please let me know if I am wrong.

ty.

quick question:

Can you use parts from an Infraction v2 in a Limitless v2? I'm thinking yes. But, please let me know if I am wrong.

ty.
Yes. The rear 17mm hubs on the Limitless V2 are different. That's how it gets the wider stance at the rear. Other than that and the chassis, spool and center drive shafts, They're pretty much the same vehicle.

Yes. The rear 17mm hubs on the Limitless V2 are different. That's how it gets the wider stance at the rear. Other than that and the chassis, spool and center drive shafts, They're pretty much the same vehicle.
great. ty for letting me know. I have a ton of upgraded parts for the infraction v2. It would be so nice to added to the Limitless v2. I just don't know if I want to do 2 dual motors, or 1. If it's dual, I'll go with castle, and for single, I was thinking of going with xlx2, mated to a TP4070.

great. ty for letting me know. I have a ton of upgraded parts for the infraction v2. It would be so nice to added to the Limitless v2. I just don't know if I want to do 2 dual motors, or 1. If it's dual, I'll go with castle, and for single, I was thinking of going with xlx2, mated to a TP4070.
Stick with single motor until you actually need the dual. It adds a ton of unnecessary cost, complexity and weight which will just make any wreck you have (and you will) potentially twice as expensive/painful. With a single motor, speeds of 170-180mph are possible, if you play your cards right. Until you reach that point, I'd say stay away from a dual motor build. Unless, of course, you're just crapping money that you don't know what to do with. If so, by all means...knock yourself out. But that's just me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back