Infraction Infraction v2 or Limitless v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick with single motor until you actually need the dual. It adds a ton of unnecessary cost, complexity and weight which will just make any wreck you have (and you will) potentially twice as expensive/painful. With a single motor, speeds of 170-180mph are possible, if you play your cards right. Until you reach that point, I'd say stay away from a dual motor build. Unless, of course, you're just crapping money that you don't know what to do with. If so, by all means...knock yourself out. But that's just me.
Diem,

As for the last part, I am crapping out cash. I can't take it with me when I go. LOL

As for the rest of it. I rather learn what to do the first time around, and then make changes accordingly. I'm not out to beat the world record. That's not me. Well, not yet anyway. My Infraction did 139mph, and I'm very happy with that. I just want to go faster. Build that r/c that I can beat the snot out of my buds. Since we are all building something very similar. Some of us are sticking to the Infractions, and some of us are going the Limitless route. Thx for your advice.

Stick with single motor until you actually need the dual. It adds a ton of unnecessary cost, complexity and weight which will just make any wreck you have (and you will) potentially twice as expensive/painful. With a single motor, speeds of 170-180mph are possible, if you play your cards right. Until you reach that point, I'd say stay away from a dual motor build. Unless, of course, you're just crapping money that you don't know what to do with. If so, by all means...knock yourself out. But that's just me.
I really liked Raz build with the dual spektrum 150a combo. Cheap as dirt and still a dual build though I guess it's more so if you just want to build a dual system and don't care about performance as much haha.

How fast are you looking to go?
V2 limitless is a great option.

I don't believe the perfect pass shafts are available for the V2 yet, but that would be one factor to consider.
$420 Car itself
$360 Full scorched chassis kit
$120 perfect pass drive shafts.
$40 Aftermarket spool with 8mm output cups. Change the front and rear diffs to the M2C or Tekno input cups, HD springs, travel limiters,
$140-250 Delta plastiks body (either FC100 or WR Speed)
$250-600 Start with some CNHL G+ 6000mAh LiPos to cut your teeth and then move up to ONYX or SMC later.
$300-900 Quality Radio setup with range booster if necessary, 45kg servo, eliminate slop in the suspension and shim the hubs as needed.
$400-550 XLX2 and TP4070cm or 4080cm (or SVM model) (8mm shaft motor)
$400 Invest in about 20+ of the 8mm bore mod 1 gears. (range recommended from 24t to 44t)
$130-180 PPS motor mount or Scorched Roto-lock motor mount.

That will put you near budget!

Another option is the Hobao VTE2 and oddly enough the parts list is nearly the same except you don't need to replace the factory spool.
James took the factory chassis VTE2 up to 180+ mph.

The perfect pass shafts are available I have them in mine and there like butter

6545BCE9-AA48-4B3E-B28C-62F9BD452F93.jpeg

8F3D8CED-1298-4E71-AF53-EEA8D78F8F16.jpeg

I had the perfect pass driveshafts on my Infraction v2. But, I had a problem with 1 of them. On closer inspection, the top separated from the carbon fiber. I know one side is chromoly and the other side is titanium. So you have to make sure you put it in correctly. I think what happened to me was a fluke. So I ended up going with Scorched titanium drive shafts. I still have a pair or 2 of the Perfect Pass DS's, but I don't know if I I'll use them again. Fluke or not.

Just my 2cents.

262353.png

I had the perfect pass driveshafts on my Infraction v2. But, I had a problem with 1 of them. On closer inspection, the top separated from the carbon fiber. I know one side is chromoly and the other side is titanium. So you have to make sure you put it in correctly. I think what happened to me was a fluke. So I ended up going with Scorched titanium drive shafts. I still have a pair or 2 of the Perfect Pass DS's, but I don't know if I I'll use them again. Fluke or not.

Just my 2cents.

View attachment 251229
The shafts in the image are the V1 shafts that, to my knowledge, had Ti on all four ends (I'm guessing you were just using it to illustrate what you were talking about). It was the V2 shafts that included the chromoly end on the shorter front shaft to help to withstand the angle of the front diff input cup. I've shimmed the rear of the front bulkhead up a little bit to help ameliorate the angle of the front shaft. My front shaft is now parallel with the chassis instead of the slight downward angle it normally has.

The shafts in the image are the V1 shafts that, to my knowledge, had Ti on all four ends (I'm guessing you were just using it to illustrate what you were talking about). It was the V2 shafts that included the chromoly end on the shorter front shaft to help to withstand the angle of the front diff input cup. I've shimmed the rear of the front bulkhead up a little bit to help ameliorate the angle of the front shaft. My front shaft is now parallel with the chassis instead of the slight downward angle it normally has.
yup, just illustrating. I meant to put the circle around the front shaft, and not the rear. my bad. lol

I went a little crazy there with the 3k budget.

I completely agree on starting with 4s and learning this side of the hobby, but you are also exploring if you should go further.

V2 Limitless
XLX2 (QS8 connectors)
TP4070cm or 4080cm
GRP XM3 tires
CNHL G+ 6000mAh 4s packs (run in parallel config)
Good radio and 45kg servo

Run it up to 120 mph and then make the big decision, go further with the build or stop there.
At that point, you will know if you have the road quality capable of going faster or not. Then invest in Stage II of the build if it makes sense at that point.

The road is the biggest limiting factor by far. (looks like you do west of the big city taking a quick glance at google maps street view)
4070 or 4080 ? Differences in power and what KV?

4070 or 4080 ? Differences in power and what KV?
If you have the room, I'd go with a 4080, any of them (2022, 2100, 2250, 2350 or 2400KV) would all perform admirably, they're beastly motors. The 4080 is bigger than the 4070 and, as such, will produce more torque/HP. And since the thread is in reference to the Infraction/Limitless, you do (provided you flip the motor mount, it's a really long can).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back