Thunder Truck 8s speed beast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that I'm talking about all this speed run stuff and I've barely hit 90mph the other day 😂.
Thats how we all started ;)

Amain sells this GT body. I still like the corvette boy better but they said that you have to put Felony tires and rear Felony diff. I'm trying to get away from the that 😂

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bittyd...rrma-infraction-limitless-bdygt7-s65/p1314399
The bittydesign body is cool, it's what u see on my profile picture too.

Delta plastics does offer good fitting bodies too, including 2 corvettes:
https://www.deltaplastik.it/en/all-...-for-arrma/bodies-310mm-infraction-limitless/

Very nice. What foam tires do you have recommended? I appreciate all your time and help 👍
Helping is what arrma forum is al about ;)

For speed there are only 2 options that i am aware of atm:
BSR (XX Pink or purple)
Gona Banana's (you can only buy them via facebook, which i don't)

Helping is what arrma forum is al about ;)

For speed there are only 2 options that i am aware of atm:
BSR (XX Pink or purple)
Gona Banana's (you can only buy them via facebook, which i don't)
I'm more experienced with the basher section like the 8s Arrmas, Mojave, Typhon 6s and Xmaxx. I've tried to answer as many questions as I can (and have asked plenty of them myself) with my experience, so I've given a little bit in return. Hehe. But this speed thing is new for me. Not bragging, since I don't expect anything in return. Hehe. I ordered that body (the one from Amain) , one of the spools that was recommended here, and I happen to have a 34T saga customs pinion with me from a previous project. Now if I put the spool in my V2 Infraction, I'll probably transfer the brake module to my Felony. I'll also be moving the XLX2 and HW 1100kv motor to the Infraction too. I could also change the rear diff of the Felony (I have that one in my hands). I'll see where I end up. It sounds to me like putting the rear regular diff and wheels on my Felony (and that body that I just ordered) sounds like the more logical choice right? Oh yeah, I would just need the foam tires. I'm just wondering if the mounting holes for the body meant for the Infraction would fit on the Felony. I just remember that the bumpers in the front are different 🤔. Shucks 😂

After careful consideration, I've decided to keep hacking up my Felony since I'm already half way there. I'll be installing the rear regular diff and rear regular tires on it. I will also adapt that GT body that I bought from Amain like on the video below. I just didn't want to mess with my nice brand new Infraction v2. Spool will go in there too

Last edited:
Right now my Felony has an XLX2 and 1100kv motor installed. I wonder if that body can fit an XLX2 on top since that's how it is installed. I know that the stock body does. Man, so I guess the limitless is definitely easier and better for super fast speed runs with little issues huh? 🤣. Here's the mounting of the XLX2 on my Felony :

View attachment 195403
I can tell you that the Lim body keeps a lot of crud out of the chassis for sure. But it is tight in there.
I run 6s HW sensored /2200kv in there. Space limiting me. I get in the high 90's consistently. 28/34 spool. Has long legs with nowhere to go.:cry:
I also like running 2x6s in parallel. Plenty of amp overhead this way..

Last edited:
I can tell you that the Lim body keeps a lot of crud out of the chassis for sure. But it is tight in there.
I run 6s HW sensored /2200kv in there. Space limiting me. I get in the high 90's consistently. 28/34 spool.
I also like running 2x6s in parallel.
Yeah I might have to remove the XLX2 from where it's sitting right now (right on top of the center diff with a metal plate). I might try my luck with that center brace if I have to do that. Or I might get those side skirts for a GT build. I honestly don't want to do that. Another option would be to glue down the ESC on the right side between the reciever box and the battery tray. I think that you have to cut a piece of the battery tray to achieve that though from what I've seen. Or I could try to reposition the receiver box. I'll see what I decide to do once I have the body in my hands (it should get here tomorrow)

Where can I buy emp stuff looks dope .
https://emperformanceproducts.com/

The precision fit of their products is very very good.

My first a/m part purchase on my first build was a pps motor mount and then after I realized how soft the aluminum was on their product I decided to try the emp motor mount assembly. I now have 4 of the emp mounts

My first a/m part purchase on my first build was a pps motor mount and then after I realized how soft the aluminum was on their product I decided to try the emp motor mount assembly. I now have 4 of the emp mounts
Yeah I have PPS and they’re real light weight I meant heavy it’s not good but it’s too light imo thanks 🙏 for the info .rig looks mean btw .

Damn. I just ordered another PPS motor mount. I've had no issues with the one in my Mojave EXB and Felony though TBH
Call me crazy but from what I've learned so far, the easiest street car to make into a GT is the V1 Infraction? I say that because you don't have to worry about removing the brake module (even though it's easy) in order to install a spool, you don't have to worry about the rear big tires and diff like the Felony, and the limitless you have to remove a few things and buy infraction parts so that the GT body can fit. Yeah, those things are easy to do, but they are a bit of a waste of $. What's the difference between the V1 and V2 Infraction besides the body, brake module and electronics? I might be wrong about this IDK. The problem is that the V1 Infraction is hard to find now used no? And it's probably going to be all beat up. Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
It's funny that I'm talking about all this speed run stuff and I've barely hit 90mph the other day 😂.
90mph is the start! When I decided I wanted to get my feet wet in the speed run game I think I did like 85mph with my Infraction. I thought it would be great to break 100mph. Now I want to break 150mph and have 3 rigs dedicated to speed runs. 🤷‍♂️ Good luck my friend!

Yeah I might have to remove the XLX2 from where it's sitting right now (right on top of the center diff with a metal plate). I might try my luck with that center brace if I have to do that. Or I might get those side skirts for a GT build. I honestly don't want to do that. Another option would be to glue down the ESC on the right side between the reciever box and the battery tray. I think that you have to cut a piece of the battery tray to achieve that though from what I've seen. Or I could try to reposition the receiver box. I'll see what I decide to do once I have the body in my hands (it should get here tomorrow)
Many do trim the right lipo tray. And still get a lipo in there. I prefer keeping both saddle trays. Motor on the left. But does limit your motor options. Just me.

Light and smart vs more tough. PPS is still a great choice.
I don’t think the pps is a bad mount at all, I’m using it in my talion now,
What I noticed it from when I started speed running. I was changing spur gears and swapping bearings and after taking the diffs in and out a bunch the channel on the pps mount started to get grooves and marks in it that makes the bearings not quite sit perfect.
I’ve probably got 125-150 runs with a ton of gearing changes and motor changes so I used the crap out of it tho.
The little adjuster on the side also came apart at some point during a run so I lost that but that’s on me

Last edited:
just wanted to clarify a little bit. I didn’t mean to come off seeming like the pps isn’t a good mount. I bought it as my first mount for a reason because tons of people swore by them and it worked great. I think I just used and abused it a bit
Just wanted to suggest there are other options out there And give my honest feedback about the slight issue I had over time. It still works the bearings just have a little wiggle in their channel

25399ED7-6A1D-4D86-AFE1-C5399441761D.jpeg

Last edited:
just wanted to clarify a little bit. I didn’t mean to come off seeming like the pps isn’t a good mount. I bought it as my first mount for a reason because tons of people swore by them and it worked great. I think I just used and abused it a bit
Just wanted to suggest there are other options out there And give my honest feedback about the slight issue I had over time.

View attachment 196272
I didn't read your saying PPS was bad. I also lost the little adjuster on one of mine and it certainly shows it's wear too. I merely reacted to arrmarookie as he's response was like 'omg i ordered the wrong one'

There are certainly multiple good options for a motormount, good to know EMP is up to the task as well. Scorched Roto-lok would be an other

The roto-lok reminds me of a Swiss watch 😁

I basically reread my posts and just wanted to make sure it didn’t seem like I was bad mouthing the product.
Damn. I just ordered another PPS motor mount. I've had no issues with the one in my Mojave EXB and Felony though TBH
Call me crazy but from what I've learned so far, the easiest street car to make into a GT is the V1 Infraction? I say that because you don't have to worry about removing the brake module (even though it's easy) in order to install a spool, you don't have to worry about the rear big tires and diff like the Felony, and the limitless you have to remove a few things and buy infraction parts so that the GT body can fit. Yeah, those things are easy to do, but they are a bit of a waste of $. What's the difference between the V1 and V2 Infraction besides the body, brake module and electronics? I might be wrong about this IDK. The problem is that the V1 Infraction is hard to find now used no? And it's probably going to be all beat up. Just thinking out loud here.
The pps mount is a great mount, I just wanted to show my experience and I’m still using it in my basher.

I didn't read your saying PPS was bad. I also lost the little adjuster on one of mine and it certainly shows it's wear too. I merely reacted to arrmarookie as he's response was like 'omg i ordered the wrong one'

There are certainly multiple good options for a motormount, good to know EMP is up to the task as well. Scorched Roto-lok would be an other
I did say that I have abused that crap out of my PPS motor mount after having kind of buyers remorse 😂
90mph is the start! When I decided I wanted to get my feet wet in the speed run game I think I did like 85mph with my Infraction. I thought it would be great to break 100mph. Now I want to break 150mph and have 3 rigs dedicated to speed runs. 🤷‍♂️ Good luck my friend!
3 rigs? Damn! That's awesome. I still remember when I was starting out with my 8s bashers and I was amazed at one backflip. Fast forward a year and over $1k in upgrades, and now I'm always shooting for a triple backflip or at least a double, so it's kind of the same thing 👍🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back