Infraction Infraction versus Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
For those that have driven both the 1/7 and 1/10 Infractions, can you share your thoughts on how they compare?

I have 1/10 infaction and it is great but sounds like a weedwacker zooming by. Tire usage is great so far, dozen packs in and still lots of life left on them.

I assume you have the BLX version, not the mega, else it becomes a whole different comparison.

The big brother is larger, heavier and more powerfull. Tires wear quicker for sure. Is it more fun? Only if you have the space for it and/or the space you have is less suited for light/low vehicles.

Is any empty street enough for the 1/7 or is parking lot size required?

Last edited:
An empty street is good for speed running. A dual lane minimum is advised for going back and forth at high speed safely. Going half that speed but sidewise, does need a whole lot more room.

Whereas the 1/10 can still be fun and challenging on backyard tiles, the 1/7 needs lots of space, the more the better. Yet, a wide open parking lot can get boring quickly too if there are no obstacles where you can drift around. Ken block on empty salt flats just isn't the same as gymkhana or pikes peak.

An empty street is good for speed running. A dual lane minimum is advised for going back and forth at high speed safely. Going half that speed but sidewise, does need a whole lot more room.

Whereas the 1/10 can still be fun and challenging on backyard tiles, the 1/7 needs lots of space, the more the better. Yet, a wide open parking lot can get boring quickly too if there are no obstacles where you can drift around. Ken block on empty salt flats just isn't the same as gymkhana or pikes peak.
Well said!👍

For those that have driven both the 1/7 and 1/10 Infractions, can you share your thoughts on how they compare?

I have 1/10 infaction and it is great but sounds like a weedwacker zooming by. Tire usage is great so far, dozen packs in and still lots of life left on them.
They don't even compare.......Apples and oranges apart from each other.
2 different realms of RC. Night and day apart.
Starting with price, ending with performance and adjustability. And everything in between.:giggle:
I do feel that the 1/7 line is for expert RC'ers. What the experts want at least. Never complain about tire wear. If so, it's probably really your wallet complaining.:LOL: Many feel the 1/10 Elevens' suck and also don't last worth a dam. That they Balloon too much. I guess that is subjective to how you drive. Same for 1/7 Hoons, GRP's and the rest.
If that means anything.:unsure:
I speed run my Lim and Infr. I can get 10-15 packs easily on my wheels. Proper Wheel alignment and Tire Rotations is what helps, gets the most out of them possible, no matter how your drive. IMHO.
Even Scale car drifting and dragging also eats tires galore.
Hooning around and drifting, well then your wallet better step up. No matter the RC rig on your bench.
A 1/7 Infr will scream wildly much louder than a 1/10 Infr.

Last edited:
By 1/10 infraction, are you referring to the "1/8" Infraction Mega?

Here's something i saw recently. You could do the 1/7 infraction in a smaller parking lot and it does look fun. But that type of fun probably means you're going to be going through tires just like they did :ROFLMAO:

The video echoes the sentiment of most people i've seen on the forum: GRPs (s7 compound) last better for "hooning", but in the end, hooning is just going to be an expensive pass time.

Not sure how well the Mega tires hold up to abuse (85mm hoons or elevens), but keep in mind there are no alternatives like GRPs without going to 17mm hex/axle. And they will be substantially bigger than the stock tires.

By 1/10 infraction, are you referring to the "1/8" Infraction Mega?

Here's something i saw recently. You could do the 1/7 infraction in a smaller parking lot and it does look fun. But that type of fun probably means you're going to be going through tires just like they did :ROFLMAO:

The video echoes the sentiment of most people i've seen on the forum: GRPs (s7 compound) last better for "hooning", but in the end, hooning is just going to be an expensive pass time.

Not sure how well the Mega tires hold up to abuse (85mm hoons or elevens), but keep in mind there are no alternatives like GRPs without going to 17mm hex/axle. And they will be substantially bigger than the stock tires.
Yes I am referring to the "supposed" 1/8 scale Mega Infr. . What I mean.
However, IMHO, The scale is waaay off. It is more like 1/9 scale.. You can always tell by the tires.
1/10 scale On road wheels/tires are much smaller. As found on 1/10 Touring Cars. 1/8 scale wheels are clearly larger and found on SWB 1/8 GT class and even the LWB Arrma 1/7 line rigs. GRPs etc.
The Infr Mega and the Vend. etc, have oddball sized tires. That don't align with either 1/10 scale or 1/8 scale.
I find that in most cases an RC chassis is scaled in proportion to the size wheels it will have. How many RC designers work.
Then you have the outliars. Designs that are not true to any scale. Just a hog pog of parts thrown together. The end result scale is identified as what ever the marketting team wants to call it. One example is the Tekno MT410. A parts bin rig. Tekno calls it 1/10 scale. It is made from all 1/8 Tekno parts. It is identical to many other 1/8 scale rigs in dimensions. The 6s Notorious and 6s OC are 1/8 and identical in dimensions to MT410. Tekno told me over the phone that it was just a Marketting decision to call it 1/10, but is really 1/8 scale. A common question Tekno was always asked.
Scale has become watered down these days. So it can vary from brand to brand at times.
Unless the platform is designed to a Spec class scale. i.e Touring cars, Buggys Truggies etc. for competition. Then scale is adhered to more so. Including tires. I feel the chosen tire determines the true scale. Where it all starts, in determining the Wheelbase and track width. This creates the scale proportions. The body to fit it comes last.

Last edited:
To me the 1/10 Infraction is more fun than the 1/7.

As said before the 1/7 needs a lot of space. It just gets boring too fast. Drifting / driving around obstacles is stressy. Because these obstacles tend to be hard on a parking lot. That translates to real damage. Once the 1/7 slides sideways it does just that. Hopefully no obstacle in the way. It just slides sideways pretty uncontrollably. The 1/7 does not drive precisely. It just doesn't. There is a track in my area where someone painted a track like 20 years ago on to pavement. It was hardly possible to go through the corners in a duplicable way. Perhaps I should have put a lot thicker oil in the center diff. I sold it.

The 1/10 needs less space. And if it breaks out sideways it does not just slip - it's far more controllable. You can drift it out of sideslipping pretty easily. Corrections are possible. The tires last a lot longer. So you actually drift a lot more without worrying about wearing them down too fast. That makes it a lot more fun already. On the above mentioned track it is fun. I does what it is supposed to do. Corrections while you drift are possible. Like driving an "S" on one part of the track. The 1/7 would just spin around. The 1/10 you let the rear break out, correct the steering in the other direction and give some power and then repeat the other way round and it goes nicely through the "S". With the 1/7 it just was not fun. You look and feel like a total idiot trying to drive on that track and slipping out of so many corners and spinning around the rear.

Both Infractions are cars you just don't want to crash. Those cars are meant to look good. At least as long as possible. When the 1/7 came out virtually all videos had nasty crashes into sidewalks. Pretty much all of them because the Infraction slipped sideways. Once it slips it just slips. That can get scary when you are around parked cars.

1/7: On a speed run with the speed pinion the rear drifted out at full speed. No way you will stay on the road and just slip. It changes direction. Scary. No comparison to the Limitless that just goes like it is on tracks. You need to modify a lot to get to there.
The 1/10 pretty much stays on the same heading when turning at full speed.

Really depends on how wide the street is. My street is damn wide, so it feels decent enough but it's still not the same as a nice parking lot.

As said before the 1/7 needs a lot of space. It just gets boring too fast. Drifting / driving around obstacles is stressy. Because these obstacles tend to be hard on a parking lot. That translates to real damage. Once the 1/7 slides sideways it does just that. Hopefully no obstacle in the way. It just slides sideways pretty uncontrollably. The 1/7 does not drive precisely. It just doesn't. There is a track in my area where someone painted a track like 20 years ago on to pavement. It was hardly possible to go through the corners in a duplicable way. Perhaps I should have put a lot thicker oil in the center diff. I sold it.

The 1/10 needs less space. And if it breaks out sideways it does not just slip - it's far more controllable. You can drift it out of sideslipping pretty easily. Corrections are possible. The tires last a lot longer. So you actually drift a lot more without worrying about wearing them down too fast. That makes it a lot more fun already. On the above mentioned track it is fun. I does what it is supposed to do. Corrections while you drift are possible. Like driving an "S" on one part of the track. The 1/7 would just spin around. The 1/10 you let the rear break out, correct the steering in the other direction and give some power and then repeat the other way round and it goes nicely through the "S". With the 1/7 it just was not fun. You look and feel like a total idiot trying to drive on that track and slipping out of so many corners and spinning around the rear.

Both Infractions are cars you just don't want to crash. Those cars are meant to look good. At least as long as possible. When the 1/7 came out virtually all videos had nasty crashes into sidewalks. Pretty much all of them because the Infraction slipped sideways. Once it slips it just slips. That can get scary when you are around parked cars.

1/7: On a speed run with the speed pinion the rear drifted out at full speed. No way you will stay on the road and just slip. It changes direction. Scary. No comparison to the Limitless that just goes like it is on tracks. You need to modify a lot to get to there.
I never had an issue with my rear end breaking out doing speed runs with my Infraction. It tracked straight and true. I also found it easy to control when hooning around. Power slides, drifts...maybe it was down to the surface or some other variable, but I didn't have any of the problems you describe. Or maybe I'm just that awesome at driving... :LOL: I'm just kidding. I just had a very different experience. Love the car to death.

Yeah it is better to stay with low powered rigs if you can't hang with the Big Guns.
My 1/7 Infr. drives straight as an arrow. Same with my Lim.

I also run both on 4s, great fun with smaller areas. (y) Even tried 3s. But 4s is also a great balance of fun and less wear if just Hooning a round. I prefer speed running.
The 1/7 line has way more adjustability to dial it . The 4x4 's do not.
If you are not into dialing in the setup, go with the 4x4. For Hooning around, if that is all you want to do, tires will be cheaper to replace.
If you want the big Gun 1/7 scale, tire price is proportional. And need to understand wheel alignment better.
I cant see spending well over $200. in 3- 4 packs for tires. Sounds stupid to me. I tried it. Using my worn out Speed run Hoons for drifting till they explode. Doesn't grab me.
To each his own.:cool:
The drift Craze thing requires solid plastic wheels like 1/10 scale Drift rigs. That's more realistic. Just that would create a tire sales/profit loss for Arrma.
Still waiting for someone to mfr tires in Hard plastic. Easily done. Why don't they exist?
I've see a home brewed set made of PVC pipe. Was it KT?
Not sure.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back