Infraction Infraction vs Felony drivability!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hookedup

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Guys I’d like to hear from you on the overall drivability and performance between the two! Street Bashing for the most part.. drifting, cornering etc. some would argue that they are the same.. others will say the infraction is better balanced and more agile.. still there’s others who would argue that the larger rear tires offer more traction for the felony.. I’m looking at both and for now.. I’m leaning towards infraction v2.. either way let me know your thoughts and hopefully experiences

thanks

Guys I’d like to hear from you on the overall drivability and performance between the two! Street Bashing for the most part.. drifting, cornering etc. some would argue that they are the same.. others will say the infraction is better balanced and more agile.. still there’s others who would argue that the larger rear tires offer more traction for the felony.. I’m looking at both and for now.. I’m leaning towards infraction v2.. either way let me know your thoughts and hopefully experiences

thanks
As you already said they're quite similar. The Infraction is a little bit more balanced which can be a good or bad, depends on what you want. The rear end of the Felony is a little bit more loose which can be a lot of fun, but again depends on what you want. The Infraction comes with a handbrake which is a cool little feature. Also you can swap out the stock tyres to GRPs which will change the handling again (more grip). And then there's looks which is always personal preference :D
You can't go wrong with either one, my recommendation would be the Infraction :)

As you already said they're quite similar. The Infraction is a little bit more balanced which can be a good or bad, depends on what you want. The rear end of the Felony is a little bit more loose which can be a lot of fun, but again depends on what you want. The Infraction comes with a handbrake which is a cool little feature. Also you can swap out the stock tyres to GRPs which will change the handling again (more grip). And then there's looks which is always personal preference :D
You can't go wrong with either one, my recommendation would be the Infraction :)
I’m leaning that way..

I was hot on the felony until i read about it’s handling characteristics being a little unpredictable due to the diffs not equaling out even with the tire size difference.. it’s overdriven in the front by a bit so running a spool isn’t an option.. there’s a thread on here about it.. I just wanted to hear more from guys who have driven them both

Yup i bought a V1 infraction!! Might have to trade motors.. TP 4050 2300kv.. i read your post about it with heat and bashing.. it has a heat sink and twin fans.. might do a few speed runs but I’ll see what happens

Yup i bought a V1 infraction!! Might have to trade motors.. TP 4050 2300kv.. i read your post about it with heat and bashing.. it has a heat sink and twin fans.. might do a few speed runs but I’ll see what happens
Yeah I'm unable to bash with this motor paired with a MM2 retro. Currently I have a MMX8s and the 2200kv sensored in there and temps are awesome.
I have one 12V 40mm fan on there and I'm able to run the car with the speed gearing. I don't bash it too hard but temps never exceeded 130. But it's also starting to get colder outside... so I'm not sure how it performs on a hot summer day.
I haven't tried bashing the 2300kv with the MMX8s yet (with the 18t). I'm sure it will run cooler than with the MM2. I never ran that motor with a fan so if you have a dual fan setup you might be able to get away with it.
I'm pretty sure that something is not right with my 2300kv. I did a few speed runs back when I first got it. Ran it with a 34/46 and a Max6 not sure if it was 6 or 8s but I'm pretty sure just 6s. I did two short runs and after the second one the motor was so hot that I had no brakes anymore. Really not sure why this motor heats up so fast :D

Yes it has the MMX in it.. We shall see how she does.. I’ll start off on 6s since and this will be my first speed rig.. it should be fun nonetheless. My other consideration was the 1717 (a completely different animal i know) I’ll just see how it goes. Thanks for responding

Currently bashing with 19T pinion and stock motor. Better 12V fans on both motor and ESC.
No issues with ambient up to 90F (air) and 120F (asphalt).
Max motor temp at ~160F.
Top speed 74mph with 19T, just right for my style of bashing.

Curious to try the Felony as well.

thanks

Good post I posted on Drifting Felony vs. Infraction. I have Infraction v1 but my pick would be the Infraction. Good response as others stated how you plan to bash and drift it is key. Personally, I am disappointed with the Felony back end swing out...some might like that.

The Infraction for me has more control and balance when I am making a turn on power and holding that in the direction that I want its dead on...to me that makes it fun so I can hit the corner, circle cones, or around a structure if tried with the Felony the rear end will swing around be a 180 or 360

Currently bashing with 19T pinion and stock motor. Better 12V fans on both motor and ESC.
No issues with ambient up to 90F (air) and 120F (asphalt).
Max motor temp at ~160F.
Top speed 74mph with 19T, just right for my style of bashing.

Curious to try the Felony as well.

Hi...always looking for better cooling for the Felony and Infraction v1....what fans are you using?

Last edited:
Good post I posted on Drifting Felony vs. Infraction. I have Infraction v1 but my pick would be the Infraction. Good response as others stated how you plan to bash and drift it is key. Personally, I am disappointed with the Felony back end swing out...some might like that.

The Infraction for me has more control and balance when I am making a turn on power and holding that in the direction that I want its dead on...to me that makes it fun so I can hit the corner, circle cones, or around a structure if tried with the Felony the rear end will swing around be a 180.

Hi...always looking for better cooling for the Felony and Infraction v1....what fans are you using?
Thanks for that!! Yes i read your post about that and then started watching carefully on videos of guys driving them.. don’t get me wrong I’m sure it’s ear to ear grins driving either of them.. the felony looked real tail happy.. I’m sure I’d be happy with either.. but I’m a handling snob!! I’m excited this will be my first speed demon!! I’ll probably come back crying after i crash it at 100mph

Yeah I'm unable to bash with this motor paired with a MM2 retro. Currently I have a MMX8s and the 2200kv sensored in there and temps are awesome.
I have one 12V 40mm fan on there and I'm able to run the car with the speed gearing. I don't bash it too hard but temps never exceeded 130. But it's also starting to get colder outside... so I'm not sure how it performs on a hot summer day.
I haven't tried bashing the 2300kv with the MMX8s yet (with the 18t). I'm sure it will run cooler than with the MM2. I never ran that motor with a fan so if you have a dual fan setup you might be able to get away with it.
I'm pretty sure that something is not right with my 2300kv. I did a few speed runs back when I first got it. Ran it with a 34/46 and a Max6 not sure if it was 6 or 8s but I'm pretty sure just 6s. I did two short runs and after the second one the motor was so hot that I had no brakes anymore. Really not sure why this motor heats up so fast :D
Strange how the 2200 works but the 2300 got too hot.. maybe you had a bad motor to begin with.. I’m no expert but with a 100kv difference the heat should be less but nothing crazy though..unless I’m missing somethin.. I’ll test mine next week and report back

Last edited:
Strange how the 2200 works but the 2300 got too hot.. maybe you had a bad motor to begin with.. I’m no expert but with a 100kv difference the heat should be less but nothing crazy though..unless I’m missing somethin.. I’ll test mine next week and report back
My 2200 is probably more in the 2100kv region but this shouldn't make huge difference in temps. The TP is D-wind so maybe it has something to do with it.
But I've seen others running that motor with great success, so fingers crossed that it works out for you :)

My 2200 is probably more in the 2100kv region but this shouldn't make huge difference in temps. The TP is D-wind so maybe it has something to do with it.
But I've seen others running that motor with great success, so fingers crossed that it works out for you :)
Thanks it’ll be delivered Wednesday!! Excited!! I will post temps and gearing and driving habits for future reference if anyone archives this thread

how does the felon ccompare to the limitless? My limitless is a drift machine
I don’t have a limitless.. but i believe other than the body.. they are the same.. other than the felony has oversized rear tires and they changed the rear diff ratio to match it.. i think the limitless comes with a spool center diff. Felony has a center diff.. i thinks that’s about it

Thanks it’ll be delivered Wednesday!! Excited!! I will post temps and gearing and driving
Well it came today!! MMX and TP 4050cm 2300. Did just some 6s runs up and down my street to make sure everything was working as it should.. crazy power crazy!! I don’t want to know what 8s would be like with this motor.... 27T pinion and stock spur.. ripped and drifted a little nothing crazy like 10min motor was 150°F.. going to gear it down to 18 or 20 and see tomorrow.. maybe a 1717 is in my future

3F204238-99CC-45DE-8083-95B2AB5BEE2C.jpeg

73E986B4-F549-4357-9800-46A0A3E33478.png

88D945F1-A64E-47A1-B553-0F35D9839C0C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back