Felony Infraction Vs Felony Which One to Buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off2War

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Guys I am really torn here, was considering purchasing a V2 Infraction (having not owned or driven a V1) then the Felony was released.

The Felony won me over looks wise, as I was disappointed with the body paint scheme on the Infraction V2. Obviously the Felony being a new release, there is not much info or solid reviews out there as of yet to make a backed decision, and I would like to pre order one or the other so I don't miss out.

My main question is, would there be much driving style difference between the two, or do they practically drive, perform and handle the same?? (not including the e brake function) is either model easier to control or do they both just drift around on command, or is one made more so for drifting

Pros and cons to both, is one more practical then the other? I see the tyres being one of the biggest factors on the Felony due to the different sizes, and i see the handbrake possibly being an issue on the V2 with its extra servo

Keen to see everyone's thoughts on the two, and which car may be the better buy and why

Hope everyone is staying safe during these times

Guys I am really torn here, was considering purchasing a V2 Infraction (having not owned or driven a V1) then the Felony was released.

The Felony won me over looks wise, as I was disappointed with the body paint scheme on the Infraction V2. Obviously the Felony being a new release, there is not much info or solid reviews out there as of yet to make a backed decision, and I would like to pre order one or the other so I don't miss out.

My main question is, would there be much driving style difference between the two, or do they practically drive, perform and handle the same?? (not including the e brake function) is either model easier to control or do they both just drift around on command, or is one made more so for drifting

Pros and cons to both, is one more practical then the other? I see the tyres being one of the biggest factors on the Felony due to the different sizes, and i see the handbrake possibly being an issue on the V2 with its extra servo

Keen to see everyone's thoughts on the two, and which car may be the better buy and why

Hope everyone is staying safe during these times
I dunno, that flag looking body on the infraction is kinda dope BUT in my eyes nothing beats the look of a black felony. That is a thing of beauty!

The infraction has the e-brake and the felony doesn't...if that matters to you but imho the only street car I could possibly own is the felony and even then I probably wouldn't drive it much because who has many multiples of hundreds of feet to drive it in safely?

I'm more of a truck guy, the Felony is too cartoonish for me, like I said in another thread, looks like they put a 69 Camaro in a blender and this is what it came out looking like. I like the idea of larger rear tires on the Felony but my pick is the Infraction. I'm with you on the new bodies, don't care for them, but you could always pick up a V1 copper camo body or paint one which is what I would do.

I'm more of a truck guy, the Felony is too cartoonish for me, like I said in another thread, looks like they put a 69 Camaro in a blender and this is what it came out looking like. I like the idea of larger rear tires on the Felony but my pick is the Infraction. I'm with you on the new bodies, don't care for them, but you could always pick up a V1 copper camo body or paint one which is what I would do.
I love the mad max look of the black felony, not so much a fan of the orange...might try to fit the body on my kraton for fun...

While I like the Felony more slightly for it's looks, I'd rather have 4 matched tires and the handbrake already installed on the Infraction vs. no handbrake and mismatched front/rear tires on the Felony. Being it would be your first experience with this class of vehicle you should know that you're going to burn through tires pretty quick and if you have the Felony you're going to need to keep buying two sizes of tires each time or do a rear diff swap to have matching gear ratios to run matched set tires. A matched set means you can run Hoons or GRPs without issue and can rotate front/rear to balance wear.

So my vote is infraction.

I really like the looks of the black Felony over all the rest. Maybe a black Infraction with similar graphics would elicit the same response? Handbrake can be added too. I really dig the bigger rear wheels and am not worried about tires. You can always swap in a front diff and run the same smaller front tires.

The Felony looks awesome there is no doubt about it but your very first crash you can kiss that front end good bye since its all plastic vs the #Arrma #Infraction where its more durable in my opinion! Plus, you can pick up a new front bumpers from #StupidRC that are off the chain!! Plus, they make a lot of other parts for the infraction. I'm all in on the new v2 #Infraction and have already preorder one from my LHS ?
https://www.stupidrcparts.com/arrma

1597836204093.png

The Felony looks awesome there is no doubt about it but your very first crash you can kiss that front end good bye since its all plastic vs the #Arrma #Infraction where its more durable in my opinion! Plus, you can pick up a new front bumpers from #StupidRC that are off the chain!! Plus, they make a lot of other parts for the infraction. I'm all in on the new v2 #Infraction and have already preorder one from my LHS ?
https://www.stupidrcparts.com/arrma

View attachment 95221

Just out of curiosity - would that aluminum front splitter and brush guard actually help protect the truck body and chassis anymore than stock? I would imagine the first impact would just bend the aluminum brush guard into body and rip the screws out the bottom of splitter.

Just out of curiosity - would that aluminum front splitter and brush guard actually help protect the truck body and chassis anymore than stock? I would imagine the first impact would just bend the aluminum brush guard into body and rip the screws out the bottom of splitter.
I tend to agree, you'd think having a more flexible material would be a benefit since it will more or leas return to its original shape but metal just bends or like you said transfers the damage down the line to connection points...looks nice though.

Go with the Felony. It's actually slightly bigger in size. The larger tires in the rear enable it to grab more ground, for more traction, for better top speeds and bashing. And it just looks frickin cool. I was going with the orange, but now i'm back to wanting the black. I'm assuming those added features of larger wheels, and varied gearing increased the production cost, hence, no handbrake. I already ordered my handbrake and servo, which makes this car even better than the infraction.

When I first saw the Infraction in September 2018, I had to have it. Two years later, I still love its look but now that the Felony was released, I ordered the black version to add to my collection.

I’m not sold on the body of the V2 and the handbrake assembly is all it has going for it IMO. Being an old school drag racer, I love the idea of having larger tires in the rear and the black Felony looks fast just sitting still.

Go with the Felony. It's actually slightly bigger in size. The larger tires in the rear enable it to grab more ground, for more traction, for better top speeds and bashing. And it just looks frickin cool. I was going with the orange, but now i'm back to wanting the black. I'm assuming those added features of larger wheels, and varied gearing increased the production cost, hence, no handbrake. I already ordered my handbrake and servo, which makes this car even better than the infraction.
Where did you order your handbrake from? And was this the part number? ARA311025

I have a preorder for a black on black Felony with my LHS.
Honestly the only major difference was that hand break mod, but seeing that its about 30 bucks for the piece and another 10~30 bucks for a servo to get the hand brake its whatever. So that's why I went for the Felony... However......

That wheel set up is kind of stupid.... I run a square set up on my personal RWD car. I mean if they wanted to do a staggered set up they should have went all in and made this a 2WD on road basher.

I have a preorder for a black on black Felony with my LHS.
Honestly the only major difference was that hand break mod, but seeing that its about 30 bucks for the piece and another 10~30 bucks for a servo to get the hand brake its whatever. So that's why I went for the Felony... However......

That wheel set up is kind of stupid.... I run a square set up on my personal RWD car. I mean if they wanted to do a staggered set up they should have went all in and made this a 2WD on road basher.
Pull the front driveshaft and CD for a spool and you have 2WD

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back