Infraction Infraction Vs Felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi guys
I am thinking of getting either an infraction or felony but I don’t know which one…

I would like to do some drifting and have some fun but I would also like to do some speed running.

I know the infraction has a handbrake… does that come RTR? So it does not have a reverse? Unless I swap it out to do so

Also, they come as 6s… can I use 8s on the stock motors their both come with? Or do I need to upgrade the motor to handle 8s?

for those who own both please can you let me know the differences along with any pros or cons please? I’m learning more towards the infraction as I live the body design and the handbrake for drifting sounds fun

any advice will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

I have an Infraction and all my friends drive a Felony (5 of them)

The infraction comes with the mechanic break (yes, ready to run), but it is setup to the 3rd channel, so you break as you would normally, but you can activate it additionally with the 3rd channel button.

They both use 6s esc's and motors, so you'll need to upgrade all the electronics to get 8s.

The biggest different is the wider rear tires of the Felony, it changes the handling so it really likes to break loose the rear while turning off-power. I find it really hard to drive, but my friends says my Infraction is hard to drive as to break loose the rear you need to give it some abrupt power.. i like the handling of the Infraction more, it's more traditional and matches my 1/10 touring car.

Hi guys
I am thinking of getting either an infraction or felony but I don’t know which one…

I would like to do some drifting and have some fun but I would also like to do some speed running.

I know the infraction has a handbrake… does that come RTR? So it does not have a reverse? Unless I swap it out to do so

Also, they come as 6s… can I use 8s on the stock motors their both come with? Or do I need to upgrade the motor to handle 8s?

for those who own both please can you let me know the differences along with any pros or cons please? I’m learning more towards the infraction as I live the body design and the handbrake for drifting sounds fun

Thank you
I own both, but hardly run my Felony. I’ve removed my handbrake and use my Infraction for speed runs. Both come RTR with 6s electronics. I’ve installed the 160a Spektrum system in my Infraction which is setup for 8s. I like the Infraction better myself, but the Felony is nice to have also. It was an impulse purchase!🤷🏻‍♂️

I have an Infraction and all my friends drive a Felony (5 of them)

The infraction comes with the mechanic break (yes, ready to run), but it is setup to the 3rd channel, so you break as you would normally, but you can activate it additionally with the 3rd channel button.

They both use 6s esc's and motors, so you'll need to upgrade all the electronics to get 8s.

The biggest different is the wider rear tires of the Felony, it changes the handling so it really likes to break loose the rear while turning off-power. I find it really hard to drive, but my friends says my Infraction is hard to drive as to break loose the rear you need to give it some abrupt power.. i like the handling of the Infraction more, it's more traditional and matches my 1/10 touring car.
With the hand brake on a third channel how would I use/setup for the TX DX5C? Or for any transmitter for that matter?

Not attacking at all there when I say this....
This exact topic has come up 50+ times and Infraction is always the clear winner.

Felony is honestly just because it looks cool. When it gets down to performance Infraction is the answer.

+ The infraction will drift better, it will translate to a speed runner better, and you can run aftermarket GRPs without the odd tires size and miss-matched diffs issue.

I have both, the Infraction is the superior machine of the two. Ditch the handbrake, don’t need it, and the Infraction handles SO much better than the Felony. I’m getting my Felony dialed in, but it’s a lot more to do than the infraction. Fraction will drift, turn like a touring car, do speed runs, you can use GRP slicks, and it’s just not the pig the Felony is.

Put it this way, the Infraction DIGS, gives you a ton of control and confidence. The Felony spins out like crazy, and with no warning, when you turn. Those big ass tyres look cool, but I think I’m just gonna offset the back, and use the smaller tyres.

Hi guys

Thank you
Felony rear tires. They can be good or bad. Good for grabbing more ground, but at times it will be harder to drive. Most people say the infraction handbrake is useless, but I use the hand brake pretty often. Perfect for making tight maneuvers. I say infraction.

Back