Infraction with 56mm motor - what’s the minimum gearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I believe the stock motor has a minimum gearing of 61 teeth (15T pinion + 46T spur). But I imagine a 56mm motor is too wide for that gearing and would collide with something.

Does anyone know the minimum gearing with a 56mm motor?

Doesn't fit in standard mount and gearing is based on kV rating of the motor, size doesn't matter 🙄
Well size does matter because hes asking for minimum gearing. The motor will start to hit the output cup of the center diff/spool if the spur/pinion is too small.
I believe the stock motor has a minimum gearing of 61 teeth (15T pinion + 46T spur). But I imagine a 56mm motor is too wide for that gearing and would collide with something.

Does anyone know the minimum gearing with a 56mm motor?
What motor are you looking at getting? @jkflow is right though you need a different motor mount. If its a low KV you will need a fairly large gear so you really shouldn't have a problem. Are you going to run 6s or 8s? Also are you running a diff or a spool? I am assuming by your first post you will be running the 46t diff?

Doesn't fit in standard mount and gearing is based on kV rating of the motor, size doesn't matter 🙄
Size matters! 😂

I’m familiar with the relationship between kv and gearing. But each car/motor has a minimum gear tooth ratio - any closer and the motor collides with the drive cup, drive shaft, etc.
What motor are you looking at getting? @jkflow is right though you need a different motor mount. If it’s a low KV you will need a fairly large gear so you really shouldn't have a problem. Are you going to run 6s or 8s? Also are you running a diff or a spool?
5687 1100kv motor. 6S. Diff.

Did you check youtube? Youtube might have the answer. The motor mount you use will affect the pinion size. If you use a v2 MM for the limitless vs a pps rotating MM gearing size will change. If you want to get a lower gear ratio, you could buy a larger spur gear (50t diff or possibly an even larger aftermarket one).

Size matters! 😂

I’m familiar with the relationship between kv and gearing. But each car/motor has a minimum gear tooth ratio - any closer and the motor collides with the drive cup, drive shaft, etc.

5687 1100kv motor. 6S. Diff.
6s on 1100 kv with with 46 spur I would say you are going to want a pretty sizable pinion. So a fairly large pinion with that spur I would say don't worry about hitting at all.

I haven't been able to find any specs regarding total tooth count (be it min or max) for the stock motor mount, let alone for the 50 plate. With the stock 46T spur, I imagine that you'd need a 25 or 27T minimum. But at 1100KV, that's not going to move very fast. If your aim is to start low and work your way up, I'd begin with a 30T and go from there.

6s on 1100 kv with with 46 spur I would say you are going to want a pretty sizable pinion. So a fairly large pinion with that spur I would say don't worry about hitting at all.
This!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back