Infraction Infraction - Would removing the rear window help any to reduce heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut away the tailgate area between taillights (leaving arrma embossed center) & shortened the diffuser by 45mm
bobtailrusty.JPG

If you want cheap 40mm server fans these are,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000726609965.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9c114c4diPHajg

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that if you open up the rear window, being a truck/bed design, there will always be bed turbulance interacting with any expelled air through the rear window. A cancelled out benign effect.
Just the nature of truck bed type bodies at high speed.
An aux HS fan offers better results.
The only venting I played with was at the hood. I cut out the 2 scale intakes on the hood. Grilled them. It is minimal in functionality. Hard to judge any real advantage. I would not open up the grille or anything ahead of the cab/bed for intake. These cars lift at speed too easily done wrong.

View attachment 127422

View attachment 127423
SrC those meshed vents looks very cool. I did something like this on one of my Traxxas TRX Sport. The mesh I had one hand was the mesh you use for windows and doors. I like this mesh you using. Where did you get it from. I am thinking about cutting out my hood scoops as well. It should have come like this from the factory. Good job Bud.

^^^^
On the infraction, I was careful to not open the front of the body up too much. For speed running reasons
I got this aluminum mesh from The Home Depot.
I also use it to screen some of my fans depending on the rig. Keeps pebbles from cracking the fan blades. FWIW
It is best to cut a much larger piece than the hole you are screening and absolutely use Hot Glue. Shoogoo/E6000 will hold ok, just not in impact prone areas. I use both adhesives. Best. Hot glue to tack it in place, then E6000 ( commercial name for Shoogoo) Home depot has E6000 also.
The mesh is flexible so it will bend. And it cuts with scissors easily. I haven't found something a bit more rigid yet. More ideal IMHO. But this works.
I meshed a large opening I cut out in the rear window of my AE SC body, but body twist makes it loosen/pop out.
Just plan ahead and check how much body flex exists where you are placing this mesh.
Good luck.

20210317_183527.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^
On the infraction, I was careful to not open the front of the body up too much. For speed running reasons
I got this aluminum mesh from The Home Depot.
I also use it to screen some of my fans depending on the rig. Keeps pebbles from cracking the fan blades. FWIW
It is best to cut a much larger piece than the hole you are screening and absolutely use Hot Glue. Shoogoo/E6000 will hold ok, just not in impact prone areas. I use both adhesives. Best. Hot glue to tack it in place, then E6000 ( commercial name for Shoogoo) Home depot has E6000 also.
The mesh is flexible so it will bend. And it cuts with scissors easily. I haven't found something a bit more rigid yet. More ideal IMHO. But this works.
I meshed a large opening I cut out in the rear window of my AE SC body, but body twist makes it loosen/pop out.
Just plan ahead and check how much body flex exists where you are placing this mesh.
Good luck.

View attachment 132957
Thanks Bud,
That's a great response. Thank you. I will check HD out for the mesh. Leaning towards meshing the hood scoops. It looks really cool.
Cheers.

I’m thinking about trying some dual lock to hold fans next to the motor. It has very good hold laterally. I would hold the fans next to each other with small zips. Then put dual lock across the bottoms and stick it in place beside the motor on the chassis. I currently have a 3D printed mount directly on the motor, but I think this doesn’t allow the hot air to get far enough away from the motor, where a more open approach might expel the hot air further away.

Welll since I started this post, I may have gone tooooo far but I did the Game Changer fans will not remove the rear window. It's one of my fav rigs and my first so I did put more into this one....my gamble this will help me beat that southern summer heat. Not the heat more so but the damn humidity that makes the heat feel like an oven 100+ deg...summer nights still can be 95deg & humidity at 10p and ground is cooking.... I've had LVC at 7:30p running my rig at sundown/dusk.

IMG_20210318_124656.jpg
IMG_20210318_124637.jpg
IMG_20210318_124627.jpg

Welll since I started this post, I may have gone tooooo far but I did the Game Changer fans will not remove the rear window. It's one of my fav rigs and my first so I did put more into this one....my gamble this will help me beat that southern summer heat. Not the heat more so but the damn humidity that makes the heat feel like an oven 100+ deg...summer nights still can be 95deg & humidity at 10p and ground is cooking.... I've had LVC at 7:30p running my rig at sundown/dusk.

View attachment 133103View attachment 133104View attachment 133106
Parcou,
That setup looks awesome. I really dig how those fans sound when powered up. I have some 28000 RPM fans on order. They are not Game Changers but should be an improvement over the stock plastic fans.

Parcou,
I see some custom parts on your rig. What have you all done. Looks great though.

Parcou,
I see some custom parts on your rig. What have you all done. Looks great though.

Thank you...

I went nutball on the Infraction v1 but I did not on the Felony. I went HR crazy added a mix of parts that were black with silver trim for the wheel hubs, should mount brackets and supporting parts, center diff, polish drivetrain dog bones, etc and various other places to add some pop under the bosy. I burned out and did nothing to the other on-road car LOL.

Thank you...

I went nutball on the Infraction v1 but I did not on the Felony. I went HR crazy added a mix of parts that were black with silver trim for the wheel hubs, should mount brackets and supporting parts, center diff, polish drivetrain dog bones, etc and various other places to add some pop under the bosy. I burned out and did nothing to the other on-road car LOL.
Parcou,
How are you doing bud. I know how it goes. Have to admit it's lots of fun to trick out your ride. I did that on my Traxass TRX4 Sport. Looks like I'll end up doing it to my Infraction as well. Got some parts on order from RC Speed Monsters. Should arrive this week. Can't wait. This truck is scary fast. What a blast to take it out.
Enjoy, Cheers.

Ive done a few things to mine since I put the wheel wells in.... I cut out the back window, “rolled down” the side windows to meet the sticker nets, cut out the cowl in the hood, cut out the 2 hood scoops, drilled out the induction in the front and ran tubing in to let fresh air in....

EE5184B5-0544-4BB2-97B7-89FBEFC1B544.jpeg

D325A7B8-EE77-47D5-AC7D-0BE953A40BF4.jpeg

C4B05E9C-3526-4A33-9A8B-BFA5DA295B4E.jpeg

That's a good idea to increase airflow into the cab. Have you had a chance to run it with these mods. Curious whether you noticed any improvement in temps.

Yes, I have ran around 8 packs through it so far... 2 packs without these mods done.... I do also have 3 powerhobby fans.... one replaced esc fan, and 2 on the motor.
the first 2 packs I hit thermal cutoff (all stock electronics with 20t pinion)
After the mods, I haven’t hit thermal....

I am more of a basher then a speed run guy, but I even did 6 passes at 74mph plus bashed around and never hit thermal... so I’d say they worked.... need a new temp gun so I don’t have temps for you.... either way I could hold the motor afterwards, after the mods. So I was content.

That's a good idea to increase airflow into the cab. Have you had a chance to run it with these mods. Curious whether you noticed any improvement in temps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back