Granite Input gear and new slipper maintenance kit now available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I was just about to list these as available. I just ordered the new input gear (Shorter one) with the older slipper screw that comes with the nut that has the metal in it. I tried the ARA311033 that only has a fully plastic nut and it didnt hold. My idea is to use the new shorter input gear with the nut that has metal in in along with thread lock on the metal part of the nut to get it to hold. Ill update once I get it and know more.

Where did you get the ARA311033? They haven't been available until now unless you got one by buying a new V3 truck.

Where did you get the ARA311033? They haven't been available until now unless you got one by buying a new V3 truck.

I ordered it from ARRMA directly on 9-2. Heres my order.

screencapture-hobbyshipper-cgi-bin-wsc0211p-2020-09-23-05_54_54.png

Also heres the parts.

20200905_152123.jpg

I will say one thing I do not like about the new bearing design on ARA311033. After a few uses when it started to slip again I took it all apart and the balls in the bearing were no longer in place, and were almost impossible to get them realigned. On the other version there is more of a cut out for the balls to fall into. So even when they pop out, or get misaligned its easy to get them realigned then put the others halves and spring on. So I went back to that bearing.

Hello @Arrmature, I have a Granite 4x4 3S BLX V2 and for now, I don't have any problem with my slipper nor with my input gear. But, If one day I will need to replace the input gear, from what I understood, as the V2 input gear is discontinued, I have to buy the V3 input gear (ARA311031), right ?
Also, in order to install this correctly, I also need to install the new slipper clutch maintenance set (ARA311033), right ?
Spur gear (ARA310947) has the same part number in V2 and V3 and slipper plate + hub set (ARA310946) also.
Though, it seems that slipper pads are not exactly the same between V2 (ARA310908) and V3 (ARA310994).
Do you know why? Are the V3 slipper pads better?
Is there anything else I would need to replace to install this new input gear in the V2 granite?
Thank you.

you can fit the v3 input gear into the v2 without changing anything else, its just shorter.

if you want to use the slipper maintenance set with the rear nut then you must use the v3 input gear to accomodate the nut.

the v2 and v3 pads are the same size and shape just different material so you can use either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back