Outcast Input gear OOS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingNBreakin04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I need more 10t spiral input gears(ARA310498) for my outcast 6s, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. Is there another option thar may work with the stock 43t Spiral Diff Ring Gear (AR310497)?
Screenshot_20201126-022723_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201126-022756_Chrome.jpg

Please double check this:
MAIN INPUT GEAR 10T SPIRAL CUT (ARA311054) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)
I believe this RTR V5 Input gear supercedes and replaces the part you are looking for. That may be why you cant find the part number you are looking for.
This is not the GP4 input gear found on the Kraton EXB.
Good luck. :cool:
But does this gear work with the v4 outcast 6s drive cups, i know the new V5 input gears have a flat side on 2 sides. And they are meant to be used with the newer drive cups with the sleeve.

Good question. And I did notice that also. You may need the new input cups also. Maybe not. The diameter of the input gear shaft hasn't changed. It appears the gear pitch and bevel are the same however. On The RTR v5's it wasnt changed. Just that it uses the Safe-D design preventing the grub screw from getting loose. There is that plastic sleeve that covers it also??? I also need a few input and and ring gears for my v4 RTR's. I wondered also.
Edit:
Why not use the original input cup on this one. Only one flat needs grub screw. Right??? I know those Safe-D input cups aren't cheap too.:(

Last edited:
Good question. And I did notice that also. You may need the new input cups also. Maybe not. The diameter of the input gear shaft hasn't changed. It appears the gear pitch and bevel are the same however. On The RTR v5's it wasnt changed. Just that it uses the Safe-D design preventing the grub screw from getting loose. There is that plastic sleeve that covers it also??? I also need a few input and and ring gears for my v4 RTR's. I wondered also.
Yep, a sleeve like all the other new arrmas. Ring gears are easy to find, but finding those input gears is like going on a treasure hunt ?

I still think you can use the old input cups on these....if you want no issues. I have to look into this more. It will still fit. The diameter never changed. Just an extra flat added. Right? don't even need the extra sleeve. But I guess you can always convert all to the new setup in the end as another option. I don't think we will see the older v4 input gear any longer. I believe it is replaced with this Safe-D one. I checked like you did everywhere also and its on backorder. I think its bye bye and just superceded now. Hopefully someone else noticed this to confirm....

The ring gears are everywhere available, yes. Because they were not superceded by an newer part.
I think I saw a video recently of someone who just left off the plastic sleeve. But I forget who. Earl Moorehead maybe. don't remember...

Last edited:
I still think you can use the old input cups on these....if you want no issues. I have to look into this more. It will still fit. The diameter never changed. Just an extra flat added. Right? don't even need the extra sleeve. But I guess you can always convert all to the new setup in the end as another option. I don't think we will see the older v4 input gear any longer. I believe it is replaced with this Safe-D one. I checked like you did everywhere also and its on backorder. I think its bye bye and just superceded now. Hopefully someone else noticed this to confirm....

The ring gears are everywhere available, yes. Because they were not superceded by an newer part.
I think I saw a video recently of someone who just left off the plastic sleeve. But I forget who. Earl Moorehead maybe. don't remember...
You are right, I forgot i traded for some GP5 gears from a friend. Just tried the GP5 input gear in the diff casing i had lying around. The newer input gear fits fine with an old drivecup.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

The GP's have a differen't increased bevel and pitch and need to match up to the 29mm EXB diff ring gear. Correct me. I am confused now. Basically v4 and v5 input gears are different than the GP's. Am I wrong???
The newer part number I linked above is not a GP input gear. I thought GP gears are all for the 29mm EXB setup. I could be wrong. What do you think?

The GP's have a differen't increased bevel and pitch and need to match up to the 29mm EXB diff ring gear. Correct me. I am confused now. Basically v4 and v5 input gears are different than the GP's. Am I wrong???
The newer part number I linked above is not a GP input gear. I thought GP gears are all for the 29mm EXB setup. I could be wrong. What do you think?
You throwing curveballs now ?. When you recommended the upgraded new 10t spiral gear (ARA311054) at first, i just wasnt sure if it would fit into the drivecup correctly since it was a newer gear with possibly 2 flat spots, but it did fit. I did not try it in the diff with the ring gear because i know gp? input gears need to go with other gp? Ring gears. I just wanted to be sure if i bought that updated input gear ARA311054, that it would work. It seems like it would work by me testing out a GP5 gear in the diff with bearings, no ring gear with the old style drive cups.

I'm in the same dilemma. Need an Input gear only. Have several of the Ring gears. I bought so much from JennysRC already that I ended up with an odd amount of replacement parts in the end. I may also try the V5 input gear. ?‍♂️ No one else chimed in. So I'll take an educated guess that it will work on my V4 6S.

20201127_185459.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back