Kraton Input gear shim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
What shim size would you guys recommend for behind the input gear in the diff case, it feels like the input gear and diff gear aren't messhing nicely it feels like its only just catching eack other

I wouldn't recommend to fit shims behind the input gear - every time I have they'd gotten chewed up by the gear itself

If you can find some 19mm outer diameter shims, you can use them behind the 8x19x6 input gear bearing for the same effect

I wouldn't recommend to fit shims behind the input gear - every time I have they'd gotten chewed up by the gear itself

If you can find some 19mm outer diameter shims, you can use them behind the 8x19x6 input gear bearing for the same effect
Ive just watched a video on you tube doing it that way, definitely makes more sense

This problem since V1 Kraton and now we have EXB and V5 version...I can't believe that this problem is not solved yet...

Reviving this thread because I'm looking for these shims in the USA and not finding anything.

Anyone know best place to get 13x19mm shims these days? Doesn't look like Arrma actually offers them. I could try a random Chinese store on eBay but wanted some input first. Does anyone still do this?

I'm going to be rebuilding my Notorious diffs all the way around and want all the bits to do it. I did get a lot of life out of my first set of diffs but I think if I had been able to push the input forward instead of just shimming the ring I wouldn't need the rebuild yet.

Ah ok. Can't you accomplish the same thing by pushing the diff to one side?

Edit: Here you go.
https://accu-components.com/us/shim-washers/62799-HSHN-13-19-0-2-A2
Awesome thanks !

And yes most of the time just pushing the ring in is all you need. I've put a lot of packs through my Notorious and I'm hearing gears strip even without play side to side. The Ring gear is pushed over as far as it will go. Any shims extra just won't fit and gets mushed into an accordion shape instead. So time for new diffs but next time as it wears down I wanna try shimming the input also just to see if I can get a little extra life out of my diffs before it's time to replace gears.

Screenshot_20220920-122635.png

How is Express the only option? 😂 I'm not paying $30 for a $6 bag of shims.

Thanks for trying man. I'd rather spend $30 on another diff off Jenny's once a summer after all.

View attachment 244791

How is Express the only option? 😂 I'm not paying $30 for a $6 bag of shims.

Thanks for trying man. I'd rather spend $30 on another diff off Jenny's once a summer after all.
Sorry, didn't examine their shipping options. That's outrageous.

Sorry, didn't examine their shipping options. That's outrageous.
On the bright side, I think my rear diff might have some life in it after all. I put the Noto on the bench today to get ready for a full tear down and low and behold : the Pinion and Spur gears were a mile apart! 😝

When I switched back down to a 14t pinion I messed up the mesh somehow or didn't tighten the motor mount enough and knocked it loose (I always crank it though)..not sure 🤔 so I'm going to take the boy out with me for a rip after school if he wants and see how it goes.

Definitely still doing the rebuild before next year but I'll get every ounce out of these diffs I can.

Yeah I even switched to desktop mode because I'm thinking to myself "there's no way that's the only shipping option" but got nothing.

Maybe if I was a racer and needed a bunch of weird sizes it'd be worth it to buy like 100 and never have to do it again but to just get a handful for bashing.. $23 for shipping all of maybe an ounce in including packaging is too steep for me.

On the bright side, I think my rear diff might have some life in it after all. I put the Noto on the bench today to get ready for a full tear down and low and behold : the Pinion and Spur gears were a mile apart! 😝

When I switched back down to a 14t pinion I messed up the mesh somehow or didn't tighten the motor mount enough and knocked it loose
(I always crank it though)..not sure 🤔 so I'm going to take the boy out with me for a rip after school if he wants and see how it goes.

Definitely still doing the rebuild before next year but I'll get every ounce out of these diffs I can.

Yeah I even switched to desktop mode because I'm thinking to myself "there's no way that's the only shipping option" but got nothing.

Maybe if I was a racer and needed a bunch of weird sizes it'd be worth it to buy like 100 and never have to do it again but to just get a handful for bashing.. $23 for shipping all of maybe an ounce in including packaging is too steep for me.
Name checks out :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back