Input Shaft Cup Will Not Budge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariog7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello. I am trying to remove the input shaft cup from the rear diff to change the bearing. After heating up the group screw with a soldering iron, I removed it. Then, I tried for hours to remove the stupid input shaft cup. I tried hammering with all my force using a punch, but it won’t freakin’ move! Why in the world will it not budget- I just don’t get it! Do they locktite the crap out of it?

I’m really frustrated! Any ideas, please? Thanks.

Ya, they like red loctite, ..try a micro torch..much hotter than an iron

Finally got it. Lots of time with the soldering iron then smash the heck out of it with the punch. Broke the bearing, but that’s why I was removing the diff cup in the first place.

Why in the world does Aarma use too much red loctite!!!

Man I had the same problem today! Got the grub scrub out after heating it up first, but then the cup wouldn't come off. My method was hammering a flat-head screwdriver between the cup and the diff housing. That broke it free. Phew!

Arrma’s founder mentioned this in a recent Q&A saying that they get the factory to use the proper amount, then they have a holiday, hire an all new crew, and the new crew goes back to using too much. By the time they train them, there’s another holiday.

Arrma’s founder mentioned this in a recent Q&A saying that they get the factory to use the proper amount, then they have a holiday, hire an all new crew, and the new crew goes back to using too much. By the time they train them, there’s another holiday.

This is yet another example of what happens when work is sent overseas to save a few bucks; quality takes a back seat.

Not everyone in this hobby is mechanically inclined, as something like this may come to us as a challenge. But for those who aren’t, it won’t be seen as anything more than an inconvience, but as a turn-off and a reason to give up the hobby altogether. Even lead them to badmouth Arrma.

I had to hammer the outputs out of my rear diffs (and back in), they deform around the pin and become wider than the hole in the housing/gear. Sanding them would be a smarter move but F it.

Luckily I have a v3 so at least I can take the grub screw off :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back