Limitless Input shaft cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
I am having trouble putting a new one on! Also instead of using the metal ones that come with the Limitless can I use the style that come on the Typhon 6s BLX V5

I am having trouble putting a new one on! Also instead of using the metal ones that come with the Limitless can I use the style that come on the Typhon 6s BLX V5
Yes you can use the newer style drive cups. You can even swap out to the new Infraction diff setup totally and gain the additional gearing. The GP5 diffs are way better. Best to buy whole diffs from a kit breaker like JRC.

What is your problem?

Input shaft cups are compatible across all 6S and identical, if you have difficulty getting one on another one of the same won't solve your issue.
Take a good look at the shaft side, is it the 'Safe-D' style or do you have a round hole? Either one will work, but obviously the Safe-D version has to be aligned correctly.
Typically, you have to take out the diff to ensure that the main input gear doesn't get pushed in too far.

You can check compatibility on the Arrma side by searching the part number.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310432

Yes you can use the newer style drive cups. You can even swap out to the new Infraction diff setup totally and gain the additional gearing. The GP5 diffs are way better. Best to buy whole diffs from a kit breaker like JRC.
Why exactly are they better? Don't they just have the safe-d thingy? Still the same housing and internal gears right?

The limitless has 13/43 gears for a 3.3 Trans ratio..
The gp5 has 15/42 gears for a 2.80 Trans ratio.
You gain about 30 mph on most serups.
By doing this it slows the The center shaft rpms down.i must have for higher speeds. I've been running these tekno cups..much better than the sloppy arrma ones...they got the bigger 2.5mm grub screws an much better design.stock ones will webble-wobble at high rpms,then destroy diff housings,shaft comes apart at speed it'll destroy anything in it'd way

Screenshot_20211202-085406_eBay.jpg

Why exactly are they better? Don't they just have the safe-d thingy? Still the same housing and internal gears right?
They have a deeper seat for the set screw IMO but I think that may lead to them getting crooked under super high speeds or power and that destroys the input shaft bearings. I’m not fully done exploring this and my thoughts aren’t fully formed, but I will be addressing this issue over the winter to try and see if I can resolve it.

The limitless has 13/43 gears for a 3.3 Trans ratio..
The gp5 has 15/42 gears for a 2.80 Trans ratio.
You gain about 30 mph on most serups.
By doing this it slows the The center shaft rpms down.i must have for higher speeds. I've been running these tekno cups..much better than the sloppy arrma ones...they got the bigger 2.5mm grub screws an much better design.stock ones will webble-wobble at high rpms,then destroy diff housings,shaft comes apart at speed it'll destroy anything in it'd way
Hmmm maybe not so important for me then since I don't really do speed runs. The tekno drive cups sound interesting.
They have a deeper seat for the set screw IMO but I think that may lead to them getting crooked under super high speeds or power and that destroys the input shaft bearings. I’m not fully done exploring this and my thoughts aren’t fully formed, but I will be addressing this issue over the winter to try and see if I can resolve it.
Let me know what you think. I'll probably stick with the stock diffs for now 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm rebuilding them this weekend probably, with the aluminum housings because why not. No clue what weight of fluid I'll use just yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back