Input shaft wiggles

VinnieFive0

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
question about the input shaft. I haven't opened up my transmission yet, but I noticed when I took off the cover to the spur gear, the input shaft was loose. Could that be an issue with a gear or would it seem as if the shaft is damaged? I'm not too good with repairing just yet so I'm a bit nervous to take the tranny apart and waiting for a day I can dedicate to check it out.

Ekfchan

Reaction score
question about the input shaft. I haven't opened up my transmission yet, but I noticed when I took off the cover to the spur gear, the input shaft was loose. Could that be an issue with a gear or would it seem as if the shaft is damaged? I'm not too good with repairing just yet so I'm a bit nervous to take the tranny apart and waiting for a day I can dedicate to check it out.

You'll probably have to open it up. Could be the pin that attaches the input shaft to the first gear, could be a spacer... it's a pain to open up with the phillips screws but what made it super easy for me was switching out the hardward to hex and using a power driver.

Fast and easy now.