Typhon Insanely LOUD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elemental277

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Literally just got this thing so just checking but......

Half throttle sounds fine like a normal r/c car and then if you floor it, it literally sounds like multiple swarms of killer bees. Like neighbor's dogs start barking. And that's on 4S.

The Hobbytown where I picked it up checked the mesh out of the gate and said it was good to go so I haven't touched anything.

It may as well be a nitro. Is this normal??

PS the largest scale I have messed with is 10th and it was a VXL Stampede which wasn't silent by any means but it was a church mouse compared to the Typhon.

Can you take a video of it running? I'm guessing that it is fine but a video would let other people listen to it. The noise is from the entire drivetrain being metal. The Traxxas vehicles have some plastic parts in the drivetrain which makes them a lot quiter.

sounds about normal to me, metal gearing makes it sound like something from war of the worlds. You should hear her scream on 6s, i think a dolphin dies somewhere everytime you hit full throttle then

My Yeti XL was the loudest I had. It made a screaming banshee sound. I thought it was possessed. Then I put a Castle XLX-2028 in my X-Maxx, it sounds like a chainsaw :eek:

Cool. I'm sure everything is fine then. Just different from previous rides. Definitely not good for the dolphin population.

By comparison, I picked up a 14th scale Tacon Soar Brushless a few weeks ago and once it's 15 feet away you can't hear it.

Yup, Normal.
Steel pinion, steel spur, steel dogbones, they all make noise. It can be kind of annoying running around the street. Back when I ran 6s, though, I loved the 'swarm of killer bees" sound it made at +50mph.

I'm getting used to it now. Definitely sounds higher quality than a lot that's out there b/c of all of the metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back