Senton Inside body damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
39ECF0DE-AA9C-4101-A327-D4EEDA2AC4C3.jpeg
noticed some cosmetic damage on inside of body as I was cleaning it. Rear tires threw a lot of dirt and blasted the white protective cover off paint which showed on outside of this beautiful painted truck. I took a Sharpie and colored in the blemish then applied tape over it to protect from dirt . The Senton by far has one of the best paint jobs I’ve seen in a while and that checkered flag sceme looks awesome and I also have it on my Sprint car

Tape will help, but nothing beats shoe-goo over drywall tape (wear gloves!). Maybe spray on bed liner over drywall tape - that is at least a bit easier to apply, with the spray on stuff.

Fibered. You can use shoe-goo or non-flammable contact cement. You can get it by the quart. I used it on my nero body & it survived a full ESC fire :eek:

Those marks are from the rear bumper, such a great design :rolleyes:

Your right I did flip the truck a few times those round ends rubbed right through paint so does the contact cement harden where it wont rub through?

In another thread on here someone linked to a thread over on RCtech where a guy tested all these body reinforcement methods. The one above was the best one. Drywall tape and shoegoo, let it dry then go over with rubberized undercoating.

Yup, they covered it. Fiberglass mesh drywall tape, plus some kind of flexable glue makes an indestructible body. The down side is now your body weighs 5lbs, and your racing days are over... LOL

If you want to race, you will need another body for that. Or, just use the tape/goo only in high stress areas - front rear bumper, top of windshield, hard corners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back