Granite Installed a Bearing Kit - One Left but Where

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I installed a bearing kit on my Granite 3S BLX and I have just one bearing left/ I purchased these from TRB RC:
https://trbrc.com/arrma-big-rock-granite-senton-typhon-3s-blx-bearing-kit-26/

26 bearings in the package. I installed all of them but as I newbie maybe I missed something. I basically followed @razorrc video on bearing change and even did the ones in the motor housing with was a PITA. I have added the larger one over the motor drive shaft as well.

I did not open the slipper housing and the one left if I am right it is a 10x15x4mm. Could it be an extra?

Since the link says it's for the bigrock also I'm guessing it's the bearing for the center shaft support. The granite is swb and doesn't use a center shaft support.

If you didn't take the slipper apart and replace the one in the middle of the spur gear then that's the one you have left.

Thx....easy answer! I really don't want to mess with that one... Glad to know. Thx

That’s the most important one. I’d swap it out before you burn up your slipper housing

Here is my fear unless I am wrong....if I open it up will remove the slipper from the factory setting. Being a newbie, I have no idea where to adjust to correct setting...I'm cool with it as is now no plans to ever touch it :) .

If I did...what's the difficulty level in doing so? Have seen no videos on that for the Granite slipper

When it goes out... It will force you to get in there. It's not really hard once you do it... I know how your feeling... I was the same way the first time too. After i got everything back together... Easy peezy really!

When it goes out... It will force you to get in there. It's not really hard once you do it... I know how your feeling... I was the same way the first time too. After i got everything back together... Easy peezy really!

So I am clear...I was not :) you are talking about the bearing inside the slipper...I did the one outside the slipper. I skipped that one it seems so enclosed well nothing really getting in there...

I changed the one in the spur in my Granite when I stripped a spur. The one in my Senton is still the stock Arrma bearing and I have gotten the Senton way more dirty, wet than the Granite and the bearing is fine as far as I can tell no issues. I haven't heard or seen others have an issue with that one either. If you want to leave that one alone and not mess with taking the slipper apart that would be fine IMHO.

I installed a bearing kit on my Granite 3S BLX and I have just one bearing left

Is the leftover bearing a flanged 10x15x4mm bearing or a non-flanged 10x15x4mm bearing? My slipper uses a flanged bearing, but my Fast Eddy kit only has non-flanged.

Is the leftover bearing a flanged 10x15x4mm bearing or a non-flanged 10x15x4mm bearing? My slipper uses a flanged bearing, but my Fast Eddy kit only has non-flanged.

non-flanged 10x15x4mm bearing...but I believe now it goes in the inner slipper which I am not going to take apart... it is sealed good enough for me right now

Don't replace the bearing unless you can find a flanged one. I just got back from the Hobby store. None of the Fast Eddy kits seem to come with the flanged bearing. The only flanged bearing my LHS can get is the stock Arrma bearing... Now I have to reassemble the slipper with the old bearing.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back