Outcast Installed outcast battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeesterC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Hello all,
I have read numerous threads about installing the outcast battery tray in the kraton. Most have said that you needed to drill new holes for the outcast tray to fit. Well, I have just installed two of them, one in a senton and the other in the kraton. No modifications at all were needed, both installed perfectly just like the factory one. First you need to attach the receiver mount on the tray, once mounted line up the receiver mount with the chassis and install the screw loosely. Once this is done the tray will line up with the correct holes and sit in the chassis, install the remaining four screws and your done. Don't forget to install the straps first though. Like I have said, I have just installed two with absolutely no modifications at all.........

Attachments

• 20170709_103923.jpg
    20170709_103923.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 20170709_103851.jpg
    20170709_103851.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 198
"...install the remaining four screws and YOU'RE done."

just kidding, lmao. I had to because it is funny when people ignore context and correct something like that. :)

Great research and work. This looks like a much heftier battery tray than the stock Kraton one with only two horizontal straps.

What is the yellow stuff on your spur gear?

"...install the remaining four screws and YOU'RE done."

just kidding, lmao. I had to because it is funny when people ignore context and correct something like that. :)

Great research and work. This looks like a much heftier battery tray than the stock Kraton one with only two horizontal straps.

What is the yellow stuff on your spur gear?
Try to put a little humor in it for the last laugh.....lol.. Not sure about all the cars but my chassis already had the extra holes for it. The yellow stuff on the spur gear is actually good ole georgia red clay, guess it just looks yellow from the picture......lol

Will be doing this mod to mine real soon. Thanks for the tip.
I hope this works out for you. I just purchased my kraton about four days ago and according to others who have the older V2 don't seem to have the extra holes that mine does. The outcast battery tray is well worth any and all effort put into installing it. I don't think a battery could work it's way out under any circumstances, just holds them so well and makes me feel a lot better now. Get tired of restrapping batteries after a harsh landing......lol

Maybe the latest chassis or a certain run has the holes that line up. After reading this I decided I'd finally install mine. Definitely no way for the rear mounting to line up. No big deal, 2 holes for the alignment pins, and 1 hole for the rear screw with a counter-sink, didn't take that long.

Maybe the latest chassis or a certain run has the holes that line up. After reading this I decided I'd finally install mine. Definitely no way for the rear mounting to line up. No big deal, 2 holes for the alignment pins, and 1 hole for the rear screw with a counter-sink, didn't take that long.
Yeah, kinda figured about the holes. Think I just may have gotten lucky with mine. Glad to hear you finally installed it, it's well worth it in my opinion and makes me feel more at ease considering the cost of batteries.

Wish mine had holes !! Had to drill them and countersink two of them. Not a big drama just had to take my time marking the holes I ended up triple checking before I drilled lol !!!!!

Wish mine had holes !! Had to drill them and countersink two of them. Not a big drama just had to take my time marking the holes I ended up triple checking before I drilled lol !!!!!
Not really sure why mine had the holes already, guess I just got lucky. Good to hear that you triple checked and everything went good. Hope you like it as much as I do, already saved my batteries a few times now.......lol

Not really sure why mine had the holes already, guess I just got lucky. Good to hear that you triple checked and everything went good. Hope you like it as much as I do, already saved my batteries a few times now.......lol
My Outcast has the extra holes lol !!! They must be for the Kraton tray ? I like the Outcast tray you can fit bigger battery's in with the open end. Cheers :happy:

I like the added security of the outcast tray. Batteries aren't cheap when you have to buy two at a time......lol. But I have found a killer deal on gensacearespammers 2s 50c 100c burst 5000mah hardcases, they're like $28 each and free shipping on $50 or more. But wait, there's more.....lol. That did kinda sound like a commercial didn't it? Eh, just trying to help fellow rc'ers out.....

I like the added security of the outcast tray. Batteries aren't cheap when you have to buy two at a time......lol. But I have found a killer deal on gensacearespammers 2s 50c 100c burst 5000mah hardcases, they're like $28 each and free shipping on $50 or more. But wait, there's more.....lol. That did kinda sound like a commercial didn't it? Eh, just trying to help fellow rc'ers out.....
Ha ha !! Getting a commission :D I've been using single 6s packs. living in Aus we pay heaps more for RC gear than you guys. The only company that ships lipos over here is Hobby King. I think they label them as something else lol !!!

Ha ha !! Getting a commission :D I've been using single 6s packs. living in Aus we pay heaps more for RC gear than you guys. The only company that ships lipos over here is Hobby King. I think they label them as something else lol !!!
Ah yes, the land down under, always wanted to visit there.......
I'm only running 2 x 2s in mine, learned the hard way that 6s cost to much the way I drive....lmao. Last time I ran 6s was in a public park and hit a steel picnic table at WOT. Tore the right front wheel clean off and moved the table a good 5 inches or so. Fixed the kraton, sold the batteries to a friend and bought some 2s, lesson learned.....

Classic would've been funny to c !! :eek::stig:
There definitely harder on the rigs I just love having that extra grunt on the finger :)

Where did you find those GEn ACE 2S batteries? I have a couple 1/10 cars that use 2S

Installed this in my kraton and i had to drill out two post holes and two countersink holes for bolts. It's really all about alignment of the post holes in proximity to the bolt holes. You can strike an indent going through the bolt holes, but not the posts.
Anyway, overall not very hard and my gensacearespammers 5s 5500mah fits in there great and gives me great power. I now have to think of something to hold the deans battery connectors together better as they sometimes come apart on big jumps.

Where did you find those GEn ACE 2S batteries? I have a couple 1/10 cars that use 2S
Fastlaphobby.com

Installed this in my kraton and i had to drill out two post holes and two countersink holes for bolts. It's really all about alignment of the post holes in proximity to the bolt holes. You can strike an indent going through the bolt holes, but not the posts.
Anyway, overall not very hard and my gensacearespammers 5s 5500mah fits in there great and gives me great power. I now have to think of something to hold the deans battery connectors together better as they sometimes come apart on big jumps.
Had the same problem. I cut two small pieces of self adhesive Velcro and put one on each connector then use another strip to hold them together. Works for me and can take it apart fast in case of an emergency if you know what I mean.........lol

Might add 15 or 20 seconds to the time it takes to swap the batteries, but you know those batteries will be right where you left them, when you go back in to take them out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back