Outcast Installed outcast battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oucast's battery tray has shorter snag distance than the shorter Outcast chassis. I have found a solution to fit the Outcast tray battery into the Kraton Kit.
That is I cut in half, and so you just put it neatly and twist the two snails on each end. Everything is perfectly fitting.

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

Oucast's battery tray has shorter snag distance than the shorter Outcast chassis. I have found a solution to fit the Outcast tray battery into the Kraton Kit.
That is I cut in half, and so you just put it neatly and twist the two snails on each end. Everything is perfectly fitting.

View attachment 11251

View attachment 11248
View attachment 11249
View attachment 11250
You do realize that you are putting the batteries in backwards right? The battery connectors are suppose to go to the other end, also at the other end are balance connector holders.

You do realize that you are putting the batteries in backwards right? The battery connectors are suppose to go to the other end, also at the other end are balance connector holders.

I know the effect of the jacks on the balance cable on the new battery tray. But I deliberately put the battery back in place because my battery cord is short, if I plug it back I can not connect the battery to the ESC jack.
My Kraton uses ESC Max 8 Hobbywing. The plug is shorter than the kraton's BLX185.

Nice mod. I may have to check it out if mine ever fails. Maybe you could extend those wires a few inches and be able to turn those batteries around.

I know the effect of the jacks on the balance cable on the new battery tray. But I deliberately put the battery back in place because my battery cord is short, if I plug it back I can not connect the battery to the ESC jack.
My Kraton uses ESC Max 8 Hobbywing. The plug is shorter than the kraton's BLX185.
Oh, okay, cool. Didn't mean to come off like a butthead or anything. My apologies if it came out that way.

I will be picking up a kraton in a few weeks. I plan to run single 4s packs from smc. I will not run 6s as I've been through that with my revo...

My question is, will these packs fit with this mod?
These:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=398
Or these:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=474

Is what I've narrowed this down to. And what connectors would be sufficient for the single higher voltage connection? I want the single packs because I also plan to get an x Maxx and will use the same connectors for the kraton and xmaxx. I use and will continue to use trx connectors for my smaller trucks, and assume they will not hold up to the higher voltage and amp draws of these 2 trucks.. if the trx connectors will be fine for 4s, I could stick with those as it would save me from buying a charge lead. Thanks for any help sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but thought this would be relevant...

Last edited:
I will be picking up a kraton in a few weeks. I plan to run single 4s packs from smc. I will not run 6s as I've been through that with my revo...

My question is, will these packs fit with this mod?
These:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=398
Or these:
http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=474

Is what I've narrowed this down to. And what connectors would be sufficient for the single higher voltage connection? I want the single packs because I also plan to get an x Maxx and will use the same connectors for the kraton and xmaxx. I use and will continue to use trx connectors for my smaller trucks, and assume they will not hold up to the higher voltage and amp draws of these 2 trucks.. if the trx connectors will be fine for 4s, I could stick with those as it would save me from buying a charge lead. Thanks for any help sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but thought this would be relevant...
Use XT90 connectors. 4s is definitely fun on the Kraton but don't fear 6s. That's all I run in my Kraton,Talion and Outcast. These are not Traxxas products, Arrma products can definitely handle 6s all day.

@Ole Fart51, how are the outcast battery trays working out for you? Do you like them? Just curious.........lol

Last edited:
I love mine. It takes a few seconds longer to swap batteries, but otherwise, it is a great tray for a basher. Lots of battery protection

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back