Outcast Installed the RPM Front bumper/skid plate & rear skid plate on Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Just picked up my RPM order from the LHS today.

Here are some pics of the front bumper and rear skid plate installed on the Outcast for anyone interested in how they look.

I personally really like the look on the truck, they fit great, clean look, seem strong. Should provide good protection for the front end and chassis.

P1020549.JPG P1020552.JPG P1020553.JPG P1020554.JPG P1020555.JPG P1020557.JPG P1020558.JPG P1020559.JPG

Dude that is so funny, I was just about to create a thread asking if anyone had installed the RPM bumper...I was waiting to see what it looked like before pulling the trigger myself (wasn't sure how the rounded front bumper would look given the leading edge of the Outcast is straight).
All to say - looks awesome!
Nice and clean...not obstructive or overbearing in appearance.
So the mounting screws are the perfect length? This has been an issue with the TBR bumpers (screws too long).

Yeah, I really like the fit and finish to the bumper on the truck. I've never had an issue with any RPM product I've purchased.

Read about some of the issues with the screws that come with the Tbone's.

All supplied mounting hardware here fit to spec. Took 5 minutes to attach the bumper to the front skid plate, remove the Outcast bumper (2 screws), remove the 4 screws on the chassis and use the 4 longer screws provided with the bumper to install on the truck. Couldn't be more basic and straight forward. I left the Outcast bumper mount on the truck as it provides some of the support for the a-arms, and should also work like a bit of a stopper for the RPM on really hard impacts.

Same with the rear skid, 4 screws out, 4 supplied longer ones and skid plate back on.

Looks are one part of the equation, the next part will be to see how it holds up after a few front enders!

Just ordered mine!
These should be the final pieces of my build...but I'm sure I will find some other things to hook up before long!

Just picked up my RPM order from the LHS today.

Here are some pics of the front bumper and rear skid plate installed on the Outcast for anyone interested in how they look.

I personally really like the look on the truck, they fit great, clean look, seem strong. Should provide good protection for the front end and chassis.

View attachment 8398 View attachment 8401 View attachment 8402 View attachment 8403 View attachment 8404 View attachment 8406 View attachment 8407 View attachment 8408
I'm considering buying a bumper for my outcast. I was going to buy the tbone bumper because I thought it was the only after market one i can buy. I didn't know the rpm one for the kraton would fit. How do you like it so far? Does it protect well and does it allow you to clear flips?

I'm considering buying a bumper for my outcast. I was going to buy the tbone bumper because I thought it was the only after market one i can buy. I didn't know the rpm one for the kraton would fit. How do you like it so far? Does it protect well and does it allow you to clear flips?

I bought and installed the same RPM bumper and skid plate combo.
They fit great, are easy to install and are not obstructive in the least...they are relatively diminutive size, yet they provide plenty of protection.
In comparison to the TBR bumper, they win hands down in appearance.

I bought and installed the same RPM bumper and skid plate combo.
They fit great, are easy to install and are not obstructive in the least...they are relatively diminutive size, yet they provide plenty of protection.
In comparison to the TBR bumper, they win hands down in appearance.
I completely agree with you on the aesthetics of the rpm bumper compare to the tbone. I plan on mostly bashing and doing some insane jumps. So I need all the right protection were it counts.

I like them, very solid, should provide plenty of protection. I've run RPM's on most of my other RC's and they've been great. To be honest, I haven't had a chance to run the truck since the bumper has been installed due to weather conditions. The way the skid plate tapers up there should be no issue with jumping/flipping it and the bumper itself does not protrude out much at all.

full

Added the RPM bumper and rear skid plate. I just left the Outcast bumper on, as it fit just fine. Also added some Proline Badlands! Haven't driven it yet though, but will get a chance this weekend.

I think those are the Trenchers, not Badlands.
Are they the Trencher X's, or just the regular Trencher's?

Ahhh....o.k, I have heard of the MX38's, I did not know they carried the Badlands name as well.
So how do you like them?
Prefer over the Backflips?
Haven't even tried them yet! I will get them on the ground on Saturday. They feel a bit heavier, so I've been scouring the forum on tips for gearing and possibly a motor change. We'll see once I've tried them out. Still cold here in Michigan!

Ahhh....o.k, I have heard of the MX38's, I did not know they carried the Badlands name as well.
So how do you like them?
Prefer over the Backflips?
Here's a pic with 1 Backflip still on. You can see the difference in size. I had a heck of a time getting that one off.

Attachments

• 20170317_074216.jpg
    20170317_074216.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 133
Wow, they are quite a bit bigger.
Please do report back once you have tried it out...I am considering a tire change in the coming months...not sure which direction to go!
I like the look of the MX38's...nice n' beefy for sure.
Are you running 4S, or 6S?

Wow, they are quite a bit bigger.
Please do report back once you have tried it out...I am considering a tire change in the coming months...not sure which direction to go!
I like the look of the MX38's...nice n' beefy for sure.
Are you running 4S, or 6S?
Will do.
I run both, depends on where I am and what I am doing. Seems like when I do have a 6S run, I'm always on Tower Hobbies that same day ordering replacement parts!

This was during the warm spell we had a month ago. The guy filming this calls it "Single with Double flips" ;) It was the damn wheelie it pulled just before it hit the bank that sent me into this Death Roll.

Lol...nice flips!
Yeah seems to be a common theme...6S'ers seem to spend a lot of time at the bench...moments of fun, followed by a lot more moments of fix.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back