Kraton Installed traction tr325 receiver..need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToArrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I want to premise this by saying that I am new to rc’s and my knowledge is limited. I replaced the spektrum receiver with the tactic tr325 today, steering channel 1 and throttle channel 2. Turned on transmitter and plugged battery in and powered car on. Receiver’s red light is on, ch1ch2 reverse switches are as follows, “st” set toward N and “th”set toward R (this is how my transmitter is set up for my Kraton is set up). Steering works ?. I press throttle and car goes reverse and I press reverse and the car moves forward ? I switch the “th” button to “N” and press throttle and car goes forward but now reverse doesn’t work. I am confused..not sure what I have done wrong, any suggestions

I want to premise this by saying that I am new to rc’s and my knowledge is limited. I replaced the spektrum receiver with the tactic tr325 today, steering channel 1 and throttle channel 2. Turned on transmitter and plugged battery in and powered car on. Receiver’s red light is on, ch1ch2 reverse switches are as follows, “st” set toward N and “th”set toward R (this is how my transmitter is set up for my Kraton is set up). Steering works ?. I press throttle and car goes reverse and I press reverse and the car moves forward ? I switch the “th” button to “N” and press throttle and car goes forward but now reverse doesn’t work. I am confused..not sure what I have done wrong, any suggestions
Try moving the esc plug to #3 and see what happens. I had a similar issue recently, when changing a servo. I took all the plugs out, then proceeded to replace in what I thought was the correct way. Make sure the black wire is always facing the outside of the receiver. I didn't have to rebind anything, but I think I might have just changed the channel for the esc. Sorry if this sounds vague, but it's just a bit of trial and error.

Also check now that your throttle trim is centred? If the dial is even slightly off it can stop it working correctly. Just be careful when you adjust it, the car will move if you turn it a fair bit. Turn it one way a little and check reverse, then if it doesn't work try the other way. Centred is not exactly straight down, the angle is perpendicular to the recessed bit that runs along the radio where the knobs are housed.

The throttle knob in this photo is turned slightly anti clockwise it needs to point slightly further around, about 1 hour clockwise.

tactic-ttx300-radio-tr326-slt_1_772148f86e6aa6-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Try moving the esc plug to #3 and see what happens. I had a similar issue recently, when changing a servo. I took all the plugs out, then proceeded to replace in what I thought was the correct way. Make sure the black wire is always facing the outside of the receiver. I didn't have to rebind anything, but I think I might have just changed the channel for the esc. Sorry if this sounds vague, but it's just a bit of trial and error.
Nothing happens with plug 3. Black wire is facing the outside of the receiver. I figured that out when there was no power to receiver when the black wire was facing the inside of the receiver, lol. I came across this post...
I actually think all rcs are set this way, you have to double tap to get reverse.

I personally think this is an esc related issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the radio. I have seen a few others with this issue and I myself had this issue with my original BLX185 in my Outcast I would have to hit the trigger like 3-4 times before it would start to reverse, and usually by the 3rd time I was like dufuq and would smash it so the truck goes flying backwards........ I replaced my original rx with a Tactic TR325 when it fried because the rx box leaked and the brakes still took 3-4 taps before they would engage. That esc eventually let out the 4 flashing leds of death. The replacement that Horizon sent me the reverse works on the second pull like it should.
sure hope this isn’t the case?
Also check now that your throttle trim is centred? If the dial is even slightly off it can stop it working correctly. Just be careful when you adjust it as the car will move if you turn it a fair bit. Turn it one way a little and check reverse, then if it doesn't work try the other way. Centred is not exactly straight down, the angle is perpendicular to the recessed bit that runs along the radio where the knobs are housed.

The throttle knob in this photo is turned slightly anti clockwise it needs to point slightly further around, about 1mm.

View attachment 38400
I originally set the throttle trim and still had the issue. After reading @slick2500 post I pulled reverse trigger several times and eventually the reverse works, great esc might have issues now.....I re-center throttle trim and now reverse works first pull every time..thanks @Primarrma and @Notorious J for your replies and help

Nothing happens with plug 3. Black wire is facing the outside of the receiver. I figured that out when there was no power to receiver when the black wire was facing the inside of the receiver, lol. I came across this post...

sure hope this isn’t the case?

I originally set the throttle trim and still had the issue. After reading @slick2500 post I pulled reverse trigger several times and eventually the reverse works, great esc might have issues now.....I re-center throttle trim and now reverse works first pull every time..thanks @Primarrma and @Notorious J for your replies and help
So is it working ok now, or you have another issue?

It’s working now, thanks, sorry if my explanation was hard to understand
Oh good, I love the Tactic(traction) radios, I've always been happy with the receivers and the transmitters. One thing I recommend is carefully heating up the trigger with a heatgun(be really careful) or some hair dryers get hot enough and closing the gap between the forward and reverse edges of the trigger. It helps to be able to get onto the brake more easily. I have a piece of fuel tube on mine also for added grip. Kind of like this, but mine hangs over the end a bit and the trigger is closer together.

trigger.jpg

Oh good, I love the Tactic(traction) radios, I've always been happy with the receivers and the transmitters. One thing I recommend is carefully heating up the trigger with a heatgun(be really careful) or some hair dryers get hot enough and closing the gap between the forward and reverse edges of the trigger. It helps to be able to get onto the brake more easily. I have a piece of fuel tube on mine also for added grip. Kind of like this, but mine hangs over the end a bit and the trigger is closer together.

View attachment 38401
Nice. I’ll give that a try for sure, thanks . So glad to get rid of that antenna sticking out of the Typhon body, bent it several times when car rolled over.

Nice. I’ll give that a try for sure, thanks . So glad to get rid of that antenna sticking out of the Typhon body, bent it several times when car rolled over.
I still haven't run the v4 Typhon, I'm scared of the radio glitching out. I'll drive it one day, I hope.

I still haven't run the v4 Typhon, I'm scared of the radio glitching out. I'll drive it one day, I hope.
From what's been said so far, sounds like switching out the radio and receiver is a must. You have a tendency to aim your trucks at immovable objects, and the thought of loosing steering or throttle control, well, it would definitely make an interesting video;)

I hope you’ll run it someday. I didn’t have any glitching but I understand your trepidation

From what's been said so far, sounds like switching out the radio and receiver is a must. You have a tendency to aim your trucks at immovable objects, and the thought of loosing steering or throttle control, well, it would definitely make an interesting video;)
Thanks mate, I'll have to try it just in case something bad happens.

I started looking at a new radio system, but I don't really know what to do, I like the tactic, but I was thinking of getting a Spektrum DX5. I don't know if I can justify the ongoing receiver costs, I might look into the cost of switching them all over?

It might be ok if the receivers will work with my DX4C transmitter. That way if anyone wants to drive with me I can just bind it and go.

Recalibrate? Set end points, throttle trim, fail safe, is that what you mean?

No. I'm not exactly sure how it's done on the blx185, but all of the ESC's I've had it goes like this:
hold program button while turning on ESC, release quickly before it goes into program mode.
press once again with throttle trigger in neutral.
full throttle, press again. full brake, press again. neutral, press again. done.

This makes sure your ESC is calibrated to your radio and that full throttle is actually full throttle, zero is zero etc.

I'm with you on that one.
$500. car.....$15. radio.
That's what JRC sells the lovely Spektrum for.

No. I'm not exactly sure how it's done on the blx185, but all of the ESC's I've had it goes like this:
hold program button while turning on ESC, release quickly before it goes into program mode.
press once again with throttle trigger in neutral.
full throttle, press again. full brake, press again. neutral, press again. done.

This makes sure your ESC is calibrated to your radio and that full throttle is actually full throttle, zero is zero etc.
Page 27 for the blx185

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back