Installing the new M2C Racing rear shock tower brace (Video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I have 2 of these coming this week to try out. Also I'm going to be installing a brace on my buddies outcast. He's running a titanium rear tower, so it should be fun to drill that. Haha.

I have 2 of these coming this week to try out. Also I'm going to be installing a brace on my buddies outcast. He's running a titanium rear tower, so it should be fun to drill that. Haha.
Omg that is going to be so much fun lol. You might have to get some of those specialty drill bits and stick it in a press.

The bit that came with the first set chewed right through the tower no problem. The ome that came with the second set was buns. Garbage. I'd definitely run your own bit for the Ti towers.

I heard the video intro and all I thought was extreme - mutha @ the 1:30 mark of the song??

I heard the video intro and all I thought was extreme - mutha @ the 1:30 mark of the song??
I use a site that provides royalty free music. I went to 1:30 and heard a Van Halen rip off ?

Omg that is going to be so much fun lol. You might have to get some of those specialty drill bits and stick it in a press.
The bit that came with the first set chewed right through the tower no problem. The ome that came with the second set was buns. Garbage. I'd definitely run your own bit for the Ti towers.
I'm going to be using a good set of cle-line high speed steel bits in my drill press. From what I've read you can drill ti with hss, you just need to run a low rpm, high feed pressure and peck drill.

Great vid as usual @bicketybam ...??????

Less force on the drill bit, and hold it straight..??
And use a slow mode on a drill if you want bits to last. Slow and steady when drilling metal. Use a bit of lube on the bit too. I use Tap Magic but even some WD40 will help.

Drilling through aluminum you can not run that little drill fast enough. 4 x 200(conservative sfm for aluminum)/.125diameter of drill=6400rpm. SFM (surface feet per minute) for steel with HSS drill would be around 60-80.
4 x sfm/diameter of your drill will give you a good rpm to use. good to know when you have many speeds to choose from like a drill press. Jondilly is correct as a little wd40 goes a long way.

Drilling through aluminum you can not run that little drill fast enough. 4 x 200(conservative sfm for aluminum)/.125diameter of drill=6400rpm. SFM (surface feet per minute) for steel with HSS drill would be around 75-100.
4 x sfm/diameter of your drill will give you a good rpm to use. good to know when you have many speeds to choose from like a drill press. Jondilly is correct as a little wd40 goes a long way.
That's not what @jondilly1974 suggested. He said slow!

I meant about the wd40 or even a little motor oil. I would defenatly use the high gear on the hand drill on aluminum. Maybe ease up just for breaking thru. The drill will screw itself throu the last bit and possible break.

Drilling through aluminum you can not run that little drill fast enough. 4 x 200(conservative sfm for aluminum)/.125diameter of drill=6400rpm. SFM (surface feet per minute) for steel with HSS drill would be around 60-80.
You go ahead and keep smoking bits. I will take mine slow and lubed and make them last. I prefer slow on aluminum because it gives you a cleaner hole. I prefer long spirals as I drill aluminum. Its too soft and a bit can walk some at higher speeds.

You go ahead and keep smoking bits. I will take mine slow and lubed and make them last. I prefer slow on aluminum because it gives you a cleaner hole. I prefer long spirals as I drill aluminum. Its too soft and a bit can walk some at higher speeds.
You realize @Jimbobjr makes all his own parts right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back