Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ2u

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Notorious
Hi guys i know over there in the USA you have a lot more room for this hobby/sport than we do here in the UK. But just wondering if there as well as here how many of us actually have insurance, like what happens if we hit a car in the car parking lot, a dog in the park and God forbid a Child?

Have a look at your home insurance policy - there is often a public liability piece which could pick this risk up. If unsure, give your insurer a call.

If you hit a car don’t tell anyone (you’ll most likely hit a tire or go under it) And you definitely should NOT be running them around children or dogs!

There’s a thing called personal responsibility. People need to learn some. Don’t take risks that your wallet can’t cover. ??‍♂️??
Well said g I’m very grateful that none of my cars have ever been hit. It’s kinda pathetic the things that people say on this forum about hitting other people’s property. But as the OP said, under the car or a tire, yeah I can understand that, no big deal usually there’s no damage there.

Well said g I’m very grateful that none of my cars have ever been hit. It’s kinda pathetic the things that people say on this forum about hitting other people’s property. But as the OP said, under the car or a tire, yeah I can understand that, no big deal usually there’s no damage there.

Now your the moral police?..:rolleyes: If you don't understand what I said was a joke, I can't help Karen Snowflake...

There’s a thing called personal responsibility. People need to learn some. Don’t take risks that your wallet can’t cover. ??‍♂️??
Saw a YouTube video with a ass wipe running a black Felony in the street in front of his home. Was doing like 80 mph on a narrow street with parked cars, cars pulling out of driveway, and kids on the block. It was reckless, dangerous and stupid. He ended up folding it up under a truck tire at high speed.

Left a comment, "Serves you right running that fast on that street with kids and such, you could cripple someone or their pet at that speed, take it to a parking lot mall or deserted street. People like you give RC a black eye." I usually don't give people sh!t on YouTube, but this guy is a tool. It's a shame that anyone can buy one of these cars and drive it with such recklessness. The same idiots can walk into a gun store and buy one, and that's scary!

Now your the moral police?..:rolleyes: If you don't understand what I said was a joke, I can't help Karen Snowflake...
? are you good? I wasn’t even talking about you I was referring to a thread made here about a year ago..

Saw a YouTube video with a ass wipe running a black Felony in the street in front of his home. Was doing like 80 mph on a narrow street with parked cars, cars pulling out of driveway, and kids on the block. It was reckless, dangerous and stupid. He ended up folding it up under a truck tire at high speed.

Left a comment, "Serves you right running that fast on that street with kids and such, you could cripple someone or their pet at that speed, take it to a parking lot mall or deserted street. People like you give RC a black eye." I usually don't give people sh!t on YouTube, but this guy is a tool. It's a shame that anyone can buy one of these cars and drive it with such recklessness. The same idiots can walk into a gun store and buy one, and that's scary!
Exactly! I used to run my RCs in my neighborhood but they got too large and too fast to run here. I make sure I find an area without lots of people to open it up. I might run my smaller slower rigs around others, but not willing to risk injuries.

Sorry but in the age of people sueing for sometimes the most trivial things ( the bully on the block Traxxas) surely it only sensible to cover our selves with in the UK 3rd party insurance the states ? Must have something similar. Just the other day some one using his car on a bmx track with kids were on bikes moronic. I know people will call me a boring old #¥×€ and it won't happen to me but?

Sorry but in the age of people sueing for sometimes the most trivial things ( the bully on the block Traxxas) surely it only sensible to cover our selves with in the UK 3rd party insurance the states ? Must have something similar. Just the other day some one using his car on a bmx track with kids were on bikes moronic. I know people will call me a boring old #¥×€ and it won't happen to me but?
Not a far fetched question tbh. Stuff like this I’ve thought about for years though. I finally decided to sweep it under the rug as much as possible. Because it is something absolutely necessary especially considering how our toys are getting bigger and faster, but as soon as the government catches on, this hobby is in the same crippled state as the drone guys are going through right now. As stupid as it sounds I just never made threads about it, because I don’t want someone important seeing it and being like “hmm”

Put me down as not being a fan of insurance in general. I don’t like to rely on others for my own protection and well being. I’ve been screwed a few times by insurance. They will always find a way to wiggle out of responsibility if they can. It’s their business model. It is what it is. I just choose to do my best to avoid situations where insurance would be needed. Obviously that isn’t always possible as I drive a 1:1 car and keep those insured, but when it comes to hobbies, I can moderate my usage.

Not a far fetched question tbh. Stuff like this I’ve thought about for years though. I finally decided to sweep it under the rug as much as possible. Because it is something absolutely necessary especially considering how our toys are getting bigger and faster, but as soon as the government catches on, this hobby is in the same crippled state as the drone guys are going through right now. As stupid as it sounds I just never made threads about it, because I don’t want someone important seeing it and being like “hmm”
I know insurance is a pain in the butt and all think it's a waste of money. But as mentioned or toys are bigger faster by a lot seems every thing that comes out now 50 60 70 mph out of box these things can do a lot damage too property God forbid people young or old, we should take responsibility for ourselves before it's enforced?

Put me down as not being a fan of insurance in general. I don’t like to rely on others for my own protection and well being. I’ve been screwed a few times by insurance. They will always find a way to wiggle out of responsibility if they can. It’s their business model. It is what it is. I just choose to do my best to avoid situations where insurance would be needed. Obviously that isn’t always possible as I drive a 1:1 car and keep those insured, but when it comes to hobbies, I can moderate my usage.
I don’t dislike insurance particularly, but I do dislike almost all brands associated. It’s pretty annoying how the whole marketing principle is about HELPING customers when in reality they’re just leeching off of them getting as much cash as they can. No matter how low of a risk you are, you’re still paying decent cash. And then, say you get into a car crash for the first time in 20 years? They jack your rates up! Makes NO sense! Total bullcrap man. I’m getting heated just talking about it. The algorithm doesn’t even make sense.
I know insurance is a pain in the butt and all think it's a waste of money. But as mentioned or toys are bigger faster by a lot seems every thing that comes out now 50 60 70 mph out of box these things can do a lot damage too property God forbid people young or old, we should take responsibility for ourselves before it's enforced?
We should take responsibility by not driving these toys around high risk areas until we’re sure we’re skilled enough to. And even then, you should be hesitant. You’d think some people would have the common sense to abide by this but you’d be surprised.

I honestly DON'T see any insurance company saying, go ahead and wipe out a kid or damage a vehicle, we got your back. :D
We all are responsible with what we do with them and safety is #1.
I am fortunate enough to live in a low populated area and retired so rarely do we see anybody when we are out and about with the RCs. In fact I have yet to see anybody else with RCs.
Unfortunately skate boarders are frowned upon because of there lack of respect for everybody else out enjoying life. How bad would that be if RCers are frowned upon as well?
I would hate to see anybody in the market for insurance that covers our own mistakes.
There is a skate park in the next town south of us that we have visited several times because we want to run there but have yet to take our RCs out of the truck because somebody was there every time. The good news is, there is a motorcycle park only 2 miles from there.... :)

Last edited:
? are you good? I wasn’t even talking about you I was referring to a thread made here about a year ago..

After reading your PM and the thread before I posted, its pretty obvious your comment was directed at me. You think I "throw shade" at your other posts and have some kind of weird "vendetta" against you? Nice diversion "a year ago" lol:rolleyes:. If I had a problem with you, I'd let ya know.

Any-who, take out some Achilles, OP! :LOL::rolleyes: (that was another joke for any other snowflakes that grew butthurt over it)...

Actually dealing with this very issue myself. Last week I was driving my talion in the street in front of my house. Done this hundreds of times with all of my rc vehicles and never had an issue and even gained a basher buddy by turning a neighbor onto arrma 6s power. Well I started up the street and got maybe 15 yards away and the talion suddenly went full throttle and I had zero control. It accelerated up the street and suddenly veered towards a neighbor's house and I heard a loud bang. Ran up the street to find my talion had smashed into the closed garage door of my neighbor. I then walked to the front door and knocked. I wave at all of my neighbors but had never actually spoken with this one. He answered and I told him what happened. He thought something had fallen in his garage. He was very nice and thankful that I manned up and took responsibility. I called a garage door man and gave him the address while standing with my neighbor and told him to do whatever it took to make it right. My neighbor said he would be more than happy if I bought him one new panel since I dented the lower one. I asked the garage door man to replace the entire door since the color would be different due to the age of the door. Yes it cost me more money than it had to but I did what I felt was right. How could I sleep knowing I damaged my neighbors house and got it halfway fixed? What if they wanted to sell the house in s year and the door being two different shades affected the value? Not my style. I no longer drive my vehicles in the street at my house after this expensive lesson. Not sure what cut contact with the transmitter but it's been fine since. It's the tactic radio and never had any issues before. Might be changing it out if it loses contact again. Hate to though since it runs all three of my 6s arrma. Good news is the talion drove away undamaged. Probably running 40-50 mph at impact. New basher bumpers from arrma are legit!

After reading your PM and the thread before I posted, its pretty obvious your comment was directed at me. You think I "throw shade" at your other posts and have some kind of weird "vendetta" against you? Nice diversion "a year ago" lol:rolleyes:. If I had a problem with you, I'd let ya know.

Any-who, take out some Achilles, OP! :LOL::rolleyes: (that was another joke for any other snowflakes that grew butthurt over it)...
? alright hold on. Just to clear my rep up to everyone in this thread. Idk how that PM would make you feel like my reply to this thread was in any way shape or form directed at you. It’s pathetic how much you care about me and how I completely avoid you entirely yet you still find a way. I even tried to settle the issue you started with YOUR self in the first place.
692C447D-DDC3-473A-9635-315F73346E3E.png

Anyway as for everyone else, don’t worry, not ruining the thread I’m done doing that. I’m just blocking this guy because clearly we don’t get along for some odd reason.

And to finally, for absolute clarity, here’s the thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/so-i-crashed-my-rc-into-my-neighbors-car.20648/page-5#post-290135
My reply is #84 on April 12th this year (page 5 of the thread). “It’s not a year ago” who cares I don’t have a clock in my head for forum post.

Last edited:
? alright hold on. Just to clear my rep up to everyone in this thread. Idk how that PM would make you feel like my reply to this thread was in any way shape or form directed at you. It’s pathetic how much you care about me and how I completely avoid you entirely yet you still find a way. I even tried to settle the issue you started with YOUR self in the first place.
View attachment 99957
Anyway as for everyone else, don’t worry, not ruining the thread I’m done doing that. I’m just blocking this guy because clearly we don’t get along for some odd reason.

And to finally, for absolute clarity, here’s the thread. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/so-i-crashed-my-rc-into-my-neighbors-car.20648/page-5#post-290135
My reply is #84 on April 12th this year. “It’s not a year ago” who cares I don’t have a clock in my head for forum post.

Thanks for proving my point. Block away, you won’t be missed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back