Kraton Interest in Kraton 4s V2 and the 6s V5 - Can you help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxnate

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello!!

I found one previous post discussing this topic. However, some time has passed and I wanted to see if everyone still thought the same.
A lot of the Yt videos I could find, everyone really loved the 4S line. I'm having trouble spotting the difference I guess. Speed and size seem about the same?

Are there more upgrade options for the 6S potentially, if so what?

Would love some folks who actually know what they are talking about to chime in (opposed to me, knowing nothing lol). Thanks all!

Still pretty new at this : )

Last edited:
The 2 biggest differences are a 6s has a metal chassis and center differential, the 4s has a plastic chassis and a center slipper clutch. There are still a number of other differences between the two but these are the 2 most important.

Out of 12 Rc I have the K6 and the K6 XL are my favorite 🤔hope.that helps and happy new year🙏🤝🤝and Gos bless everyone 🙏🙏

the 4s is plastic and totally different from the 6s platform as most of it is aluminium. don't no what the 4s run's like as I have never had one

Hello!!

I found one previous post discussing this topic. However, some time has passed and I wanted to see if everyone still thought the same.
A lot of the Yt videos I could find, everyone really loved the 4S line. I'm having trouble spotting the difference I guess. Speed and size seem about the same?

Are there more upgrade options for the 6S potentially, if so what?

Would love some folks who actually know what they are talking about to chime in (opposed to me, knowing nothing lol). Thanks all!

Still pretty new at this : )

Welcome

I have the Kraton 6S EXB, but it is powered at 4S. My personal choice I ran it for a long time at 6S....but I like it a lot better at 4S.

I rather have a center diff vs. s slipper clutch in the 4S. My 3S rigs, I hate the slipper. There are other differences but the center diff wins it for me.

IMO, Arrma tried to upgrade a 3s chassis to 4s, and it wasn't successful. As previously stated, the slipper and the plastic chassis on the 4s V2 are the main items that make it the poorer choice. Unlike Arrma, both Traxxas and Corally put center diffs in their 4s vehicles, and their chassis are much stronger than Arrma's chassis.

There are a ton of upgrades to the Arrma 6s line, more so than on the 4s. Things like high-quality 7075 aluminum shock towers, aluminum chassis braces, and complete 7075 aluminum chassis are readily available for the 6s vehicles. And the choice of motors and ESCs is greater for the 6s vehicles due to the limited space on the 4s chassis.

I would take the 4s any day. Have both the new and the old version of the Kraton 4S and like those much better than my Notorios 6s. The lighter 4s feels much better and are more fun to drive. The Notorious just feels heavy. When it comes to stunts my v1 Kraton 4s is fantastic and much more capable than the Notorious. The only thing Notorious is better is at full speed, it's a bit more stable because of the weight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back