Introducing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
A very happy Thanksgiving eve to all of my arrma fam!! 😃 As some of you may or may not know, I built a typhon for my best friend on a tight budget a little while back to try to get him involved in the hobby. With my budget spent on essential parts I didn't have any $$ left for a body...so I improvised & made one out of an empty Budweiser 18 pack w/ nothing more than Gorilla tape, scissors & my imagination. The Budweiser Buggy was born & it seemed to go over pretty well, considering. Well, @ least I hope it got a lot of laughs!! 🤣 Afterwards, @Tex Koder & I bounced a few ideas back & forth for a Kraton6s version. It kinda seemed like a process we could duplicate for others trying to do the same. He worked on his vision & I worked on mine separately. He was able to produce a version for a Kraton6s earlier this week & I think it's outstanding!!!😍🤩 My vision & execution was a little different. His is a little more Frank Lloyd Wright- very precise & technically brilliant. Mine is more like Frank Gehry- little curvier, looks like it's more "thrown together". I got done w/ the basic shape a few days ago & put the finishing touches on last night. So, I give you all...the Budweiser Black Sheep (ya know, it's my only non-typhon!)

20221123_175527.jpg

20221123_175338.jpg

20221123_175420.jpg

20221123_175227.jpg

20221123_175739.jpg

20221123_175818.jpg

20221123_175916.jpg

Last edited:
Another Masterpiece!
Great job buddy 👍
Love the freehanded style you put into your designs.

Remember to sign and date these.. You never know ,soon you'll have an art collection of them showing up at some Upscale gallery some place.
@ Arrma Corporate

And
You should post on Budweiser's FB page.

Budweiser should be sending you a royalty check by now!!

A very happy Thanksgiving eve to all of my arrma fam!! 😃 As some of you may or may not know, I built a typhon for my best friend on a tight budget a little while back to try to get him involved in the hobby. With my budget spent on essential parts I didn't have an $$ left for a body...so I improvised & made one out of an empty Budweiser 18 pack w/ nothing more than Gorilla tape, scissors & my imagination. The Budweiser Buggy was born & it seemed to go over pretty well, considering. Well, @ least I hope it got a lot of laughs!! 🤣 Afterwards, @Tex Koder & I bounced a few ideas back & forth for a Kraton6s version. It kinda seemed like a process we could duplicate for others trying to do the same. He worked on his vision & I worked on mine separately. He was able to produce a version for a Kraton6s earlier this week & I think it's outstanding!!!😍🤩 My vision & execution was a little different. His is a little more Frank Lloyd Wright- very precise & technically brilliant. Mine is more like Frank Gehry- little curvier, looks like it's more "thrown together". I got done w/ the basic shape a few days ago & put the finishing touches on last night. So, I give you all...the Budweiser Black Sheep (ya know, it's my only non-typhon!)

View attachment 258121

View attachment 258122

View attachment 258123

View attachment 258124

View attachment 258125

View attachment 258126

View attachment 258127
Why was this not enetered In Rig of the Month??? 🧐🧐 cuz it would win for sure??? 🧐🧐

Last edited:
Why was this not enetered In Rig of the Month??? 🧐🧐 cuz it would win for sure??? 🧐🧐
I made my 1st ever entry w/ the Budweiser Buggy this month 😃, maybe next month if I can get a better pic of it in the wild!😁😆👍🤘

I made my 1st ever entry w/ the Budweiser Buggy this month 😃, maybe next month if I can get a better pic of it in the wild!😁😆👍🤘
O yeah!!! Totally forgot!! Looks like you are in 3rd maybe? I'd vote again if I could! 😁

Just you wait, kegger kraton incoming 😁😆🤘

Make sure to add the lever tap to the rear.. It'll make the rig Go Faster!

A very happy Thanksgiving eve to all of my arrma fam!! 😃 As some of you may or may not know, I built a typhon for my best friend on a tight budget a little while back to try to get him involved in the hobby. With my budget spent on essential parts I didn't have any $$ left for a body...so I improvised & made one out of an empty Budweiser 18 pack w/ nothing more than Gorilla tape, scissors & my imagination. The Budweiser Buggy was born & it seemed to go over pretty well, considering. Well, @ least I hope it got a lot of laughs!! 🤣 Afterwards, @Tex Koder & I bounced a few ideas back & forth for a Kraton6s version. It kinda seemed like a process we could duplicate for others trying to do the same. He worked on his vision & I worked on mine separately. He was able to produce a version for a Kraton6s earlier this week & I think it's outstanding!!!😍🤩 My vision & execution was a little different. His is a little more Frank Lloyd Wright- very precise & technically brilliant. Mine is more like Frank Gehry- little curvier, looks like it's more "thrown together". I got done w/ the basic shape a few days ago & put the finishing touches on last night. So, I give you all...the Budweiser Black Sheep (ya know, it's my only non-typhon!)

View attachment 258121

View attachment 258122

View attachment 258123

View attachment 258124

View attachment 258125

View attachment 258126

View attachment 258127

And forgot to mention, the "Strong but Ugly" Decal is so appropriate!
It's a Perfect match!!

Last edited:
Make sure to add the lever tap to the rear.. It'll make the rig Go Faster!

And forgot to mention, the "Strong but Ugly" Decal is so appropriate!
It's a Perfect match!!
Yeah, thanks for that brother!! Kinda knew that it belonged on this body!!😆🤣

Ok y'all, time for an update on this project. You should know that I absolutely LOVED the Budweiser Black Sheep body, truly one of a kind (well, except for the Budweiser Buggy😄)& it makes me laugh to myself every time I look @ it. Bashed the hell out of it- quite literally. Just ended up getting thrashed too quickly. I needed something more durable & those unbreakable bodies are more than I wanted to spend & in my opinion, kinda ugly. My solution? 0.032 gauge gutter coil😅 I work w/ it every day, we have all I could ever want- in numerous colors- just lying around the shop & it will certainly last a lot longer than an empty Budweiser box w/ e6000 on the inside. When I made the last one I traced the shape/outline onto a flattened Bud box to use as a template. I totally lucked out & the coil stock that we run 6" gutter w/ measures 15" across & the flat box measures 15 1/2"-very workable difference. I cut out the shape w/ tin snips, then started shaping it, kinda just bending it over my leg, knees, gut, whatever. Kinda took some bending, fitting, bending some more, tweaking it here & there. It's definitely not perfect, but it's gonna last a hell of a lot longer- it's a tank!! & in all reality, I don't really think it's a whole lot heavier than the Budweiser body is. So, I give you all a TRUE Black Sheep, v2 😉😃🤪🤣👍🤘🤘

20230103_200325.jpg

20230103_200034.jpg

20230103_200110.jpg

20230103_200152.jpg

20230103_213358.jpg

20230103_213431.jpg

20230103_213449.jpg

20230103_213551.jpg

Strong like bull! 😏
Yeah, you definitely wouldn't want to take a direct hit from the nose! Probably require a trip to the ER!!🤣
I dub thee “Gutter Slut”

Sorry, my mind is in the gutter… 🤣
Very nice!!😆 Might have to see if @Tex Koder could make me up a couple decals, they'd go great w/ the "strong but ugly"!!😅😂👍🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back