Kraton Irresponsibly Overpowered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RxMonkey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I got a hobbystar 4092 1730kv, max6 esc and smc 6s 7400mah 90c all stuffed into the kraton. I used a 20T pinion. This is the most powerful rc I’ve ever seen. Ever. It almost standing double backflips. With punch all the way up and lower gear it probably would.

I don’t even have words.... it’s so over the top. I bought these Arrma bashers and am completely stunned at how powerful electronics are now. Amazing.

I got a hobbystar 4092 1730kv, max6 esc and smc 6s 7400mah 90c all stuffed into the kraton. I used a 20T pinion. This is the most powerful rc I’ve ever seen. Ever. It almost standing double backflips. With punch all the way up and lower gear it probably would.

I don’t even have words.... it’s so over the top. I bought these Arrma bashers and am completely stunned at how powerful electronics are now. Amazing.
Did you have to customize the battery tray for that 7400 battery?

As Chevy said it does fit. It’s the absolute max the tray will take and the battery is like a brick in your hand. I mean honestly close to the size and weight of an actual brick. Bad thing is it tears the screws out of the bottom of the tray if you wreck and tumble. I’d suggest getting staying close to 5000mah personally. I feel that any extra performance it gives is offset by its massive weight.

Good info thanks. Ive been thinking about getting that ESC and motor setup. Just to have the extra power for fun.

It’s just so badass. I was rolling 30-40mph (guessing) on asphalt and punch full throttle and it breaks sideways just ripping. I need acerage to probe the throttle limits.

I know what you mean about the power and speed; it is definitely badass :D Running 20/50 pinion/spur, HW max5, tp power 4070cm 2200kv, and 6s 6000mah graphene brick.

Last edited:

How have your temps been? Being thinking about the same setup! Any pics?

Speed runs, mph?

How have your temps been? Being thinking about the same setup! Any pics?

Out running today. I’ll let you know how temps go. Yesterday I ran up and down the street a bit and it got hot quickly. Within 5 min or so it was hitting 160*. I’ll get some pics.

Speed runs, mph?

I can try today. It’s @Spar69! that is brave enough to strap his iPhone to an rc lol.

Here are some pics of the gear. All stuffed in the chassis. The max6 fits better a little crooked. I used 3M dual lock Velcro. Works great.

So temps were overall great. I hit 66 mph. I used @Spar69! katars. After 8-10 top speed rips it was 125*. Here it was stormy cloudy and 70* outside. After top end we put backflips on. Ran hard in the grass. It got to 166* before a backflip shredded :(

Also I put a powerhobby 4082 1600kv in the outcast. On 15T it can’t standing backflip great. I got 1 but barely. The amazing thing was I ran it hard as I could in the grass. Highest temp was 145*.i was impressed!

Last edited:
I'm running stock on 6S (2x5000 mAh 3 S 65 C Turnigy Nanos). It's "nice", but I wouldn't mind having a bit more power... :D These batteries are the max. the tray will hold. At 152 mm they're even longer than the SMC ones mentioned earlier, which are 142 mm, and you can't use one of the balance plug holders. :p But they are nice. Might take a look at graphene ones, but they are a lot heavier than others with similar specs. At least that's the impression I got from browsing.

I just purchased the 2x5200 mah power hobby 3s 75c. I hope it has good power. Looking for decent all around tires now...

I'm running stock on 6S (2x5000 mAh 3 S 65 C Turnigy Nanos). It's "nice", but I wouldn't mind having a bit more power... :D These batteries are the max. the tray will hold. At 152 mm they're even longer than the SMC ones mentioned earlier, which are 142 mm, and you can't use one of the balance plug holders. :p But they are nice. Might take a look at graphene ones, but they are a lot heavier than others with similar specs. At least that's the impression I got from browsing.

Get the lightest battery you can. I have 2x 3s power Hobby sets and they’re so nice because they’re so light. The mega heavy 6s bricks are terrible. Gotta be hard on the truck too being so much heavier. I regret buying them honestly.

I might have to try some turnigy I’ve always had good luck with them. The powerhobby I have 3 sets of and 1 died on me already. Cell 1 only hits 3.8 and the rest 4.18. I’ve tried cycling it a bit but seems it’s not going to come back. That $50 battery too :/

I just purchased the 2x5200 mah power hobby 3s 75c. I hope it has good power. Looking for decent all around tires now...

Someone is bound to say it, probably sooner than later, so here goes: DBOOTS BACK-FLIP MT. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR510092

Tons of grip in any weather. They balloon up with 6S though...

The backflips are my favorite tires by far. I’ve run: pin tires, trencher x, badlands 3.8, backflips and katars (great for speed)

Get the lightest battery you can. I have 2x 3s power Hobby sets and they’re so nice because they’re so light. The mega heavy 6s bricks are terrible. Gotta be hard on the truck too being so much heavier. I regret buying them honestly.

I might have to try some turnigy I’ve always had good luck with them. The powerhobby I have 3 sets of and 1 died on me already. Cell 1 only hits 3.8 and the rest 4.18. I’ve tried cycling it a bit but seems it’s not going to come back. That $50 battery too :/

Nano-techs are nice, but higher C means more weight. Althought from what I've gathered, graphene batteries seem to always be heavier than their lipo counterparts. I want to use the same batteries on as many trucks as possible, and on my biggest quadcopter too, so I'm probably never gonna go with a single 6S. Also more cells mean a bigger chance for a failed cell, and there goes the whole battery. Do 6S packs have cells in parallel? I mean most >40 C lipos are "two cells in series, one parallel", "three in series, one parallel" etc. (2S1P, 3S1P etc).

2s1p would be 2 cells total, wired in series to make 7.4v. 2s2p would be 4 cells, wired as two sets of 2s1p (7.4v) wired in parallel (still 7.4v)...

If that makes sense...

2s1p would be 2 cells total, wired in series to make 7.4v. 2s2p would be 4 cells, wired as two sets of 2s1p (7.4v) wired in parallel (still 7.4v)...

If that makes sense...

Oh, right. Why the "1P" then as there is nothing in parallel...?

Anyway. As I've just purchased my first 4WD kit (yes, it's from Tekno), and it only cost around 1000 euros with the electronics, tires etc, I'm eager to spend some money on my Kraton. :D I want to make it _INSANE_. Tons of torque with a fair amount of speed. I'm thinking about a Hobbywing Max 5, maybe a 1900 kv motor like the XeRun 4274/4268 SD. But:
-Does a sensored motor work with a sensorless speed controller just as well as a sensorless motor with similar specs would?
-Are there any reasons why a sensored motor shouldn't be used with a sensorless controller?
-Given the choice between XeRun 4274 and 4268, which one should I go for?

I wouldn't mind going all sensored, but Hobbywing's sensored ESCs aren't waterproof.

I haven't messed around with pinions, but I guess that's just something you have to figure out by trying different combinations rather than over-thinking what the best combination might be. Feel free to offer nice motor/ESC/pinion combinations for INSANE power. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back