Kraton Irresponsibly Overpowered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you order from rcjuice message me I have a $5 off coupon. Buy over $50 they ship free too.

RCJuice is the only one I could find that will post to Finland, but even they don't have the 1730 kv in stock. :/

RCJuice is the only one I could find that will post to Finland, but even they don't have the 1730 kv in stock. :/

Aww damn man. Well the leopard 4092 should be even better than the hobby star according to others on here. I think it’s only $10 more :/

Finally managed to buy a Leopard and a HobbyWing MAX 6. \o/ Those Leopards are hard to find in Europe. Found one in Sweden, but they wouldn't accept my payment. Ended up ordering from France. :p First "problem" - the motor screws. Leopard uses M3s versus BLX's M4s. I'm sure the M3s will last... for a second. :D Has anyone changed the motor mount when replacing the BLX motor with something else? Wondering if Hot-Racing or GPM would be better than the stock.

Finally managed to buy a Leopard and a HobbyWing MAX 6. \o/ Those Leopards are hard to find in Europe. Found one in Sweden, but they wouldn't accept my payment. Ended up ordering from France. :p First "problem" - the motor screws. Leopard uses M3s versus BLX's M4s. I'm sure the M3s will last... for a second. :D Has anyone changed the motor mount when replacing the BLX motor with something else? Wondering if Hot-Racing or GPM would be better than the stock.
Take the end cap off and tap for m4 screws, no real need to change the motor mount, the HR mount is nice only because you can change the pinion easy. But it's not as sturdy as the stock.

Take the end cap off and tap for m4 screws, no real need to change the motor mount, the HR mount is nice only because you can change the pinion easy. But it's not as sturdy as the stock.
Not really keen on tearing apart a fresh motor but I'll have to see. Already ordered the mount. As for changing the pinion, I consider the way the stock mount is built to be the biggest design fault one can make on such a simple part. Not a big issue as you don't need to change the pinion that often, but why not aim for perfection? :) Especially when that's so easy to achieve (my Tekno's sliding motor mount is awesome!). But yeah, not that big of an issue. Now, if only they'd come up with a way to keep the pinion in place without thread lock or bearing lock (or, in some cases, both :D ). :D

First run on the MAX 6 and Leopard 4094 1730 kv... As RxMonkey said:
This is the most powerful rc I’ve ever seen. Ever.

This. Is. Insane. :D I'm using a 20T pinion and two Turnigy nano-tech 5000 mAh 3S 65-130 C packs. I can't find words to describe the amount of power this thing has. :eek:

This. Is. Insane. :D I'm using a 20T pinion and two Turnigy nano-tech 5000 mAh 3S 65-130 C packs. I can't find words to describe the amount of power this thing has. :eek:

That's good to know, I just ordered a Hobbystar 4092 motor last night and I'm currently shopping around for a HW Max6 ESC. I already got a set of the same Turnigy Nano Tech 5000mah 65-130C 3S packs at home which I run in series in my Kraton for 6S power. I can't wait to update the Kraton with this new setup. I find the Kraton now a little bit dull in comparison to my Outcast and Senton to be honest. Not any more after installing the new motor and ESC I hope :)

I only have two 17T pinions at home and a 21, 22 and 23. So I guess I have to shop around for a good 20T pinion now. All the smaller ones broke on my Kraton with the stock motor (12T, 14T, 16T).

[QUOTE=" I'm currently shopping around for a HW Max6 ESC.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking too. Please let me know if you find a good deal. I'll do the same

Good reading about your bashing adventures. Keep em coming. Try src road crushers for speed runs. Will not be disappointed.

H
Those tires were a disappointment to me. They started cracking within 2 months (less than 5 runs). For the price tag I paid this was disappointing. But, I've come to terms with my RC addiction. Now I need to convince my Fiancee to start RCing with me to avoid constant ridicule ?

Those tires were a disappointment to me. They started cracking within 2 months (less than 5 runs). For the price tag I paid this was disappointing. But, I've come to terms with my RC addiction. Now I need to convince my Fiancee to start RCing with me to avoid constant ridicule ?

Did you jump the car with those tires or did you crack the rims during the speed runs? I use these tires also for speed runs up to a maximum of 150km/h and if you don't jump the car the rims will not crack in my experience. Just straight speed run passes are no problem with these tires. I use the Sweep Racing Road Crushers. I wouldn't recommend the terrain crushers however because they are made more for bashing because of the tire profile. These are not the best bashing tires in my opinion because the rims are not strong enough to handle jumps. Normal bashing tires like the stock Arrma tires have a thicker foam inside the tires that will function as some sort of cushion to absorb some of the jumps, along with the shocks ofcourse. The Sweep Racing tires don't have a large foam inside to make the tire soft. When you jump all the forces will be absorbed by the shocks and the rims. Apparently the rims can't take this, because I've heard many people complain about cracked rims of the Sweep Racing tires.

So I recommend the Sweep Racing Road Crushers for speed runs up to about 150km/h (93,20mph), but don't recommend the Sweep Racing Terrain Crushers for a bashing tire because of the construction of the tire. By the way if you want to go faster than 150km/h than look into GRP tires. But even those can blow out. In RC anything can happen :LOL:

Did you jump the car with those tires or did you crack the rims during the speed runs? I use these tires also for speed runs up to a maximum of 150km/h and if you don't jump the car the rims will not crack in my experience. Just straight speed run passes are no problem with these tires. I use the Sweep Racing Road Crushers. I wouldn't recommend the terrain crushers however because they are made more for bashing because of the tire profile. These are not the best bashing tires in my opinion because the rims are not strong enough to handle jumps. Normal bashing tires like the stock Arrma tires have a thicker foam inside the tires that will function as some sort of cushion to absorb some of the jumps, along with the shocks ofcourse. The Sweep Racing tires don't have a large foam inside to make the tire soft. When you jump all the forces will be absorbed by the shocks and the rims. Apparently the rims can't take this, because I've heard many people complain about cracked rims of the Sweep Racing tires.

So I recommend the Sweep Racing Road Crushers for speed runs up to about 150km/h (93,20mph), but don't recommend the Sweep Racing Terrain Crushers for a bashing tire because of the construction of the tire. By the way if you want to go faster than 150km/h than look into GRP tires. But even those can blow out. In RC anything can happen :LOL:
No jumping just light street riding. HOWEVER, it's probably worth noting that I live in MN and the temperature they are stored at was 40 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the winter.

Honestly, I may reach out to the manufacturer and see if they can help me out..

Got this from RCJuice yesterday (4/16/2019)
You are receiving this notification because you subscribed to receive alerts when the following products are back in stock:

I'm new to rc and just got the v4 kraton. I'd be very curious after reading all of your posts about upping the motor and pinion size for more power...if any of you know someone with a stock kraton and can do side by side comparison on acceleration and top speed (I get the.numbers but more of a.visual guy)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back