Kraton Irresponsibly Overpowered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a hobbystar 4092 1730kv, max6 esc and smc 6s 7400mah 90c all stuffed into the kraton. I used a 20T pinion. This is the most powerful rc I’ve ever seen. Ever. It almost standing double backflips. With punch all the way up and lower gear it probably would.

I don’t even have words.... it’s so over the top. I bought these Arrma bashers and am completely stunned at how powerful electronics are now.
I got a hobbystar 4092 1730kv, max6 esc and smc 6s 7400mah 90c all stuffed into the kraton. I used a 20T pinion. This is the most powerful rc I’ve ever seen. Ever. It almost standing double backflips. With punch all the way up and lower gear it probably would.

I don’t even have words.... it’s so over the top. I bought these Arrma bashers and am completely stunned at how powerful electronics are now. Amazing.

I’ve been considering the same setup with the max6 ESC and the 4092 motor but fear that the diffs won’t hold up to the extra power on its first run. Did the diffs hold up?

Good reading about your bashing adventures. Keep em coming. Try src road crushers for speed runs. Will not be disappointed.

H
I did not like SRC road crushers... I used them like 4 or 5 runs and the rubber is splitting on the tread side. I also use tire spray before and that did not help to prevent them from splitting as if its dry rot or w/e. im def not happy, maybe i got a bad batch of rubber or my RC is to op for them.
MAX6 1480KV HS 21/50t and 6S. My trenchers is holding up good with fishing lines and the rubber is def better, you can see its better rubber made to stretch without splitting.

I’ve been considering the same setup with the max6 ESC and the 4092 motor but fear that the diffs won’t hold up to the extra power on its first run. Did the diffs hold up?

So far yes. I’ve done a few standing backflips and several jumps. One I landed a double backflip. Lots of running around and general bashing. 2 packs run through it so far, about 1 hour runtime. All my diffs are shimmed as recommended with 1M center and 60k front/rear. I wouldn’t be surprised if something flew apart but so far with the little time I’ve run it, it’s been solid.

I want to try the eBay wheels/tires posted by @The_Otherside

20180723_204728-jpg.20710

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/few-pictures-of-the-ebay-wheels-and-tires.7443/

I did not like SRC road crushers... I used them like 4 or 5 runs and the rubber is splitting on the tread side. I also use tire spray before and that did not help to prevent them from splitting as if its dry rot or w/e. im def not happy, maybe i got a bad batch of rubber or my RC is to op for them.
MAX6 1480KV HS 21/50t and 6S. My trenchers is holding up good with fishing lines and the rubber is def better, you can see its better rubber made to stretch without splitting.
That’s terrible. Those tires are expensive!

I guess I'm gonna go with the Hobbystar 4092 1730 kv and Hobbywing MAX 6. I saw a Leopard 4092 while browsing. How does that compare to the HobbyStar one? I mean power and build quality etc with similar specs.

I've never felt like any RC had _insane_ power or "too much". :D HPI Savage Flux HP did standing backflips, could push for two, but rarely succeeded, and that was on stock... Could easily do 90 kph (55 mph) with upgraded tires... Not bad for a stock truck, but I totally hated the twin vertical plate body. It made all maintenance so tedious.

I guess I'm gonna go with the Hobbystar 4092 1730 kv and Hobbywing MAX 6. I saw a Leopard 4092 while browsing. How does that compare to the HobbyStar one? I mean power and build quality etc with similar specs.

I've never felt like any RC had _insane_ power or "too much". :D HPI Savage Flux HP did standing backflips, could push for two, but rarely succeeded, and that was on stock... Could easily do 90 kph (55 mph) with upgraded tires... Not bad for a stock truck, but I totally hated the twin vertical plate body. It made all maintenance so tedious.

Well not sure your age or background but I’m well past 30 and started with a tamiya clod buster and kyosho ultima st. If either hit 10-15mph I’d be surprised. There was no jumping them. If you did it’d be super low to the ground. My clod buster would just barely wheelie if I hit the bump coming into my driveway just right. That’s what I started with. So today’s rc are all entirely mental. Jumping an rc at a bmx track getting way higher than 10 feet, wheelieing a full parking lot, hitting 66mph, double backflips, standing backflips. All this is incredible to me. I understand that we kind of take current tech for granted but I have profound respect for where we’ve come from. I don’t mean to sound like a bickering old man if I do. Just saying everything these trucks do amazes me!

Sorry for the delay. I forgot to post when I got home. Here you go.

Attachments

• kraton tray 1.jpg
    kraton tray 1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 82
Yes! That’s my exact problem. I’d you get a chance sometime post a pic. I’d really appreciate it! I haven’t lost a tray yet but I only had 1 screw left the first time it happened to me.

Attachments

• kraton tray 1.jpg
    kraton tray 1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 64

Far as I know specs wise they’re the same. I’ve heard anecdotally the leopard is about 10-20% more powerful and cooler temps. The person who said that told me he didn’t feel it was worth the extra price to get leopard to him. I have 2 hobbystar and think they’re the business.

Cool, thanks. That’s what I was thinking of doing. So I guess you pad the bottom of the battery since there’s a bolt in the bottom of the tray now?

Cool, thanks. That’s what I was thinking of doing. So I guess you pad the bottom of the battery since there’s a bolt in the bottom of the tray now?
Yep. I put one of the little sponge pads that come inside teh battery box when you get new batteries. So its an exact fit.

Well not sure your age or background but I’m well past 30 and started with a tamiya clod buster and kyosho ultima st. If either hit 10-15mph I’d be surprised. There was no jumping them. If you did it’d be super low to the ground. My clod buster would just barely wheelie if I hit the bump coming into my driveway just right. That’s what I started with. So today’s rc are all entirely mental. Jumping an rc at a bmx track getting way higher than 10 feet, wheelieing a full parking lot, hitting 66mph, double backflips, standing backflips. All this is incredible to me. I understand that we kind of take current tech for granted but I have profound respect for where we’ve come from. I don’t mean to sound like a bickering old man if I do. Just saying everything these trucks do amazes me!

I'm only 32. :( Or is it :)? I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. :) I started with basic Nikkos as a kid (mid- to late 90's). I remember owning something that could flip itself around if it ended up on its roof, and something that could run on either side (not necessarily Nikkos). :O Those were the features that impressed kids, not speed or other things. I guess even then a lot more powerful RCs were available, but they were out of the price range of most people (?). Electronics have evolved a lot since then (think of a 30x30 mm drone flight controller that can sense even the tiniest vibrations and changes in direction, and you can get one for $20!). That's why I expect and demand so much from electronics nowadays - be them RC motors or anything else. In some sense I'm amazed we don't all have robots yet, but tablets and stuff like that are cool too, and something people from the 1900s couldn't had imagined! But I can still appreciate the smell of brushed motors. :D Anyway. I'm gonna go with the HobbyStar one. :D

What motor would you guys recommend for a replacement stock outcast motor? Having said that I was really happy with the performance of the stock one. I’d want one to run a bit cooler than stock. My motor died today on me can I get this piece replaced?

Attachments

• 498FF656-9BCD-4C2B-9DA2-E555B57B44B3.jpeg
    498FF656-9BCD-4C2B-9DA2-E555B57B44B3.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 78
What motor would you guys recommend for a replacement stock outcast motor? Having said that I was really happy with the performance of the stock one. I’d want one to run a bit cooler than stock. My motor died today on me can I get this piece replaced?

I’m not sure but I kinda doubt they sell parts for that rtr motor. Jenny’s rc will be your cheapest bet. I wanna day about $50 or so. For that price you’re damn close to the cost of a hobbystar from rc juice. I got a 4082 1600kv for my outcast and I’m not super happy with it. It’s only running a 15T pinion but it needs geared up bad. It doesn’t seem as fast and strong as it was with stock motor. Maybe gearing up would help. Far as running cooler I ran the hell out of it in the grass and never got it over 145* max. That’s with the yeah racing dual fans also. Still it would be difficult to hit 170* honestly. I think the 4082 2000kv would be better because it should run cooler from the larger can but still be fast. Wish they had a 1800kv.

The 4092 is godlike power. I put it in my outcast at first and it pulls too much from the esc and battery. So it’s a no go unless you upgrade esc too. The 4082 plays nice with the blx185. I might like it better if I gear it up but for now on 15T it’s meh.

If you order from rcjuice message me I have a $5 off coupon. Buy over $50 they ship free too.

I’m not sure but I kinda doubt they sell parts for that rtr motor. Jenny’s rc will be your cheapest bet. I wanna day about $50 or so. For that price you’re damn close to the cost of a hobbystar from rc juice. I got a 4082 1600kv for my outcast and I’m not super happy with it. It’s only running a 15T pinion but it needs geared up bad. It doesn’t seem as fast and strong as it was with stock motor. Maybe gearing up would help. Far as running cooler I ran the hell out of it in the grass and never got it over 145* max. That’s with the yeah racing dual fans also. Still it would be difficult to hit 170* honestly. I think the 4082 2000kv would be better because it should run cooler from the larger can but still be fast. Wish they had a 1800kv.

The 4092 is godlike power. I put it in my outcast at first and it pulls too much from the esc and battery. So it’s a no go unless you upgrade esc too. The 4082 plays nice with the blx185. I might like it better if I gear it up but for now on 15T it’s meh.

If you order from rcjuice message me I have a $5 off coupon. Buy over $50 they ship free too.
Thank you very much but I live in Canada so shipping is not free. 4082 2000kv or the stock one? Which is better?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back