Outcast Is $400 justified with the new 4s line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good points. But the only 4s models are the Kraton and Outcast. And the 6s Kraton and Outcast arent $480 they’re $550. Maybe when the Typhon and Senton get upgraded to 4s the price might be different. Since hubs and arms won’t change.

At first I thought, oh it’s the same truck with different electronics and shocks. But then when I saw this pic. I said oh yeah they might be worth it View attachment 37137
No one said the 6s Kraton & Outcast were worth it either. They included the worst transmitter, horrible servo saver, & a useless brace. They could of kept all of that. The rest of the upgrades, the wheels (Kraton), motor mount, link ends, are all ok but still don't properly justify the increase, IMO. Like I said, it's relative. It's only worth it if you think it is. It's not so grossly expensive that it's completely out of the question. The 3s cars have plenty of problems that still haven't been addressed & there no viable upgrades to fix. The 4s cars addressed all of those with new parts. There's value in that alone. How much is still up for debate. We still need to see what problems these car have down the road.

Smartest thing Arrma did was name the new 4s trucks Kraton and Outcast. That way people think they are getting smaller version of the same 6s trucks, which couldn't be farther from the truth. If that had named them Big Rock Crew Cab and Granite and kept everything the same as the new 4s trucks except for the body, people would be so excited over them. Am I right?

Good points. But the only 4s models are the Kraton and Outcast. And the 6s Kraton and Outcast arent $480 they’re $550. Maybe when the Typhon and Senton get upgraded to 4s the price might be different. Since hubs and arms won’t change.

At first I thought, oh it’s the same truck with different electronics and shocks. But then when I saw this pic. I said oh yeah they might be worth it View attachment 37137
As far as I can tell it only shares the Chassis, diffs and center drive shaft. Maybe the Battery Straps? Still getting the Granite 3s next...

I'm honestly on interested in the bodies. I always wanted a mini Outcast even back when I cut up my first Typhon/Siren. Throw the Kraton body on a 6s Typhon & you're halfway there. Some Kraton hubs, hex extensions, & body post mods should seal the deal. Add 3.8 Badlands & done. Now I just need those bodies. Anyway, I know what these trucks can do on 4s besides wreck driveshafts. Typically, the reason the 4s trucks haven't did them in yet is because the 1/10 motor doesn't have the torque rather than the shafts themselves being stronger. Plastic can only go so far. The 1/8 motors I used could destroy the shafts on 3s, let alone 4s.

As far as I can tell it only shares the Chassis, diffs and center drive shaft. Maybe the Battery Straps? Still getting the Granite 3s next...
The mega/3s/4s cars share way more parts than they don't.

My experience with hot racing shocks is they leak. Other than that they pretty good.
The little bit of research I have done said the same, so seems kind of pointless to go from leaky plastic shocks to leaky aluminum ones. And now that I think about it my Hot Racing shocks on my Merv leaked like nothing else, you had to add a shim in the lower cap to tighten up the orings.

Are those the 1/8 scale kraton shocks I see on your granite? That’s the only thing I don’t like about arrma 1/10 is the shocks they always leak . Let me know how you like those shocks and if they are the 1/8 arrma shocks . Thanks

I have them on my Granite with 40/45wt and they are awesome.

Are those the 1/8 scale kraton shocks I see on your granite? That’s the only thing I don’t like about arrma 1/10 is the shocks they always leak . Let me know how you like those shocks and if they are the 1/8 arrma shocks . Thanks
They are Typhon 6s shocks

The little bit of research I have done said the same, so seems kind of pointless to go from leaky plastic shocks to leaky aluminum ones. And now that I think about it my Hot Racing shocks on my Merv leaked like nothing else, you had to add a shim in the lower cap to tighten up the orings.

Can't figure out why guys don't just spend a few extra $ and go straight for 6s Typhon shocks. Especially when you can grab the new v4 set for $60ish. Can't beat em at their price. Shaft boots sure are another nice feature

Plastic shocks are what you're going to get by almost any manufacturer in this $300-400 price range, it's a given. It's one-way to keep the price in check.

I think the 3 lines are too close to each other, so it's up to the buyer to disect the information and make a decision on what they want.

Is $400. too much for a 4s? Idn, it depends on the individual. I don't like paying list for anything, but sometimes that's not possible. The new V4s are $549. and I didn't pay that. The 4s is $400 and I can get them for $350. to my door. The 3s Granite is $300 and I just ordered one for $250 shipped.

So my point is, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay.

Last edited:
Can't figure out why guys don't just spend a few extra $ and go straight for 6s Typhon shocks. Especially when you can grab the new v4 set for $60ish. Can't beat em at their price. Shaft boots sure are another nice feature
I went with TrackStar shocks, cost me $30 for all 4 shocks.

My Outcast 4s came as a birthday gift because my gf had seen me plotting on one and pulled the trigger on it before I did. To me it's definitely worth it because I wouldn't have purchased the Outcast 6s at all outside of a steep discount. I honestly had no intentions of even getting a 1/10 scale again after being spoiled by 1/8 scale vehicles but I love this thing. I'll probably get the Kraton 4s next.

Plastic shocks are what you're going to get by almost any manufacturer in this $300-400 price range, it's a given. It's one-way to keep the price in check.

I think the 3 lines are too close to each other, so it's up to the buyer to disect the information and make a decision on what they want.

Is $400. too much for a 4s? Idn, it depends on the individual. I don't like paying list for anything, but sometimes that's not possible. The new V4s are $549. and I didn't pay that. The 4s is $400 and I can get them for $350. to my door. The 3s Granite is $300 and I just ordered one for $250 shipped.

So my point is, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay.
How can you get them for $350 to your door? I purchased 2 of them and after $60 in discounts I still paid $400 a piece after taxes....

My Outcast 4s came as a birthday gift because my gf had seen me plotting on one and pulled the trigger on it before I did. To me it's definitely worth it because I wouldn't have purchased the Outcast 6s at all outside of a steep discount. I honestly had no intentions of even getting a 1/10 scale again after being spoiled by 1/8 scale vehicles but I love this thing. I'll probably get the Kraton 4s next.

The only similarly between the 6s and the 4s Outcast are the bodies. It's not a mini version if the 6s. It's a Granite with big tires and longer arms.

How can you get them for $350 to your door? I purchased 2 of them and after $60 in discounts I still paid $400 a piece after taxes....
I would like to know this as well. Cuz I would like to add a Kraton 4s to my lineup.

I would like to know this as well. Cuz I would like to add a Kraton 4s to my lineup.
It's not who you know, it's who you blow!

The only similarly between the 6s and the 4s Outcast are the bodies. It's not a mini version if the 6s. It's a Granite with big tires and longer arms.
And that's fine with me because it means I didn't have to buy a Granite and modify it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back