Outcast Is $400 justified with the new 4s line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree but got lots of runtime before I started to see leaks.

Saw these today and wonder if they're good or not. Kinda wish I would've tried this route instead of the Ebay specials I got (which are fine but a little stiff and unadjustable.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...595702&hash=item3d892b9b34:g:J4UAAOSwIsFcvhcG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...581766&hash=item1ccfb4bcfc:g:WLoAAOSwNopcvhcA
The Typhon 6S shocks fit perfectly on the Granite 3S BLx.

Apparently not, thanks for your help. And yes based upon your comments I believe he was talking about you! Go figure!
I met a guy online that gives me a discount because I buy a lot from him. I'm sure he doesn't do this for everyone nor wants his shop name dropped on here.

As far as the comment "It's who you blow",
I will say this. I'm a man and don't blow no one. Anyone who was amused by this and gave a like, I say, where I come from telling someone this comment to their face gets you punched in the mouth!

I'm courteous and respectful to everyone on this site and have done nothing to be disrespected. But learning the internet is the internet no matter where you are and haters are going to hate!

I met a guy online that gives me a discount because I buy a lot from him. I'm sure he doesn't do this for everyone nor wants his shop name dropped on here.

As far as the comment "It's who you blow",
I will say this. I'm a man and don't blow no one. Anyone who was amused by this and gave a like, I say, where I come from telling someone this comment to their face gets you punched in the mouth!

I'm courteous and respectful to everyone on this site and have done nothing to be disrespected. But learning the internet is the internet no matter where you are and haters are going to hate!
It's just a saying. I wasn't suggesting you blew anyone. I'm very sorry. Won't joke with you in the future. Peace.

New Kraton 4s arrived today. Bad azz

image.jpg

I bought a BRCC and whilst I absolutely love it I did have to spend over $100 extending hubs and upgrading wheels. If I was entering the market now I'd probably go for the outcast.

In terms of durability I just can't believe how much abuse this thing takes. The body has finally started to show signs of cracking after I landed it on its back from 4m on to tarmac a few too many times.

Been having alot of fun with the 4S OutCast. I haven't been able to bash or blast as the saying suggests. Replacements parts are hard to come by and there aren't any upgrades as of yet. Hopefully I can send/ blast it soon...

Attachments

• OutCastTBR.jpg
    OutCastTBR.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 34
I really don’t think these are worth $400. I wish I got the proline Pro MT Kit Instead.

This thing needs RPM arms like NOW. I will say that the HR aluminum yokes are great and a must have along with new rubber sealed bearings.

When you get one of these let me know.
Maybe one day I will, who knows. I promise I won't come here to tell everyone about it though. I'll just join a different forum where all they talk about is Proline. Same goes if I buy a Tekno, Traxxas, Redcat or any other brand. I'll leave quietly and let the Arrma forum enjoy what they have. For now, it's all Arrma, all the time.✌

Maybe one day I will, who knows. I promise I won't come here to tell everyone about it though. I'll just join a different forum where all they talk about is Proline. Same goes if I buy a Tekno, Traxxas, Redcat or any other brand. I'll leave quietly and let the Arrma forum enjoy what they have. For now, it's all Arrma, all the time.✌

When the truth or something different scares you, it’s time to look in the mirror. Scary scary way of thinking.

The guy came on here for an opinion. If people can’t come on a forum and expect honesty then WTF was the point of it? You realize that cults are NOT good right?

On the infraction/ limitless thread I’m SUPER excited to get one if that makes the cult happy ;).

On the infraction/ limitless thread I’m SUPER excited to get one if that makes the cult happy ;).
Your Kool Aid is being chilled as we speak.
When the truth or something different scares you, it’s time to look in the mirror. Scary scary way of thinking.
When I look in the mirror, I get scared. Is that the same thing?

The guy came on here for an opinion. If people can’t come on a forum and expect honesty then WTF was the point of it? You realize that cults are NOT good right?
I appreciate your viewpoint on the situation, notorious J is participating on an arrma forum, an arrma forum is going to be bias. It’s just how it is. I got people angered when I tried to be honest, turns out I was missing the bigger picture, which is the fact that this is an arrma forum. Basically you can say anything here... unless it’s against arrma. Ex: “dang dude, these Traxxas receiver boxes, just sooo much better than arrma’s design” people will get angry even though the part makes up 0.01% of the truck and costs a dollar. People will probably say that the thread is junk as soon as it’s not pro arrma, which is understandable. It was the same way over at the Traxxas forums. It’s the same way on every forum that has a brand name in the title. Noto J is very helpful on here, he’s not going after you as a person. You have the same issue I had when I first joined, aka we forgot to see the title, arrma.

And as a matter of fact I agree with you in saying, they really aren’t worth $400. They’re not upgraded enough from the 3s vehicles to justify the price point to me. However, they need to make a profit, so all the $100 extra you’re paying really just goes to wheels and diffs. If they put more into it, it’d be like $450... then you might as well buy a 6s truck.
I wish arrma would have taken some extra time to analyze how these a arms would do in real world use, and I wish they’d switch up the design of their plastic chassis vehicles, as it really doesn’t take much to break one of these suckers in half compared to rival manufacturers. But this just isn’t possible at $400, not if they want to make a profit.

So at the end of the day, when we end up spending the mandatory dollars on a arms and the mandatory dollars on driveshafts, is it really worth it to buy these 4s vehicles? I really, really don’t know to be honest. I hope everyone else sees this thread for an inside look. Hell, I’m just a little sad because mines on the shelf.

Last edited:
Ex: “dang dude, these Traxxas receiver boxes, just sooo much better than arrma’s design” people will get angry even though the part makes up 0.01% of the truck and costs a dollar.
I tried putting one in my Notorious, but it just wouldn't fit?

The slash 4x4 lcg box should be a direct drop in ;)

Beat that ?
That's the one I tried. Butts up against the battery tray to tight, so getting the lid on and off was a PITA.

That's the one I tried. Butts up against the battery tray to tight, so getting the lid on and off was a PITA.
So it did fit!!!

Ahhh I’m just messing around lmao. They make much smaller ones, like the one out of the E Revo. I’ll see how that one fits.

wHy don't yOu BuY aN IntEgY rEcEiVeR BoX (I got told this once LOL... imagine how bad that thing must be..) I’ll be surprised if it keeps rocks out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back