Kraton Is 4s "boring" after using 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly transfer of power. Like if your front tires are ballooning too much which can reduce traction/steering for example. Changing diff thickness can help offset things like that.
What should I do to transfer more power to the front

Well I want to he able to fishtale so I need thick in the rear thin front and thick center

48088353-9983-4FCC-B1BA-E6C9133D136E.jpeg

The article and chart above give good details, but the weight recommendations are based around racing tuning. For bashing, we go much thicker.

To keep the front wheels from ballooning, go thick in the center. I run mostly 4s, and have 125k fluid in the center diff. Thinking of bumping it up to 300k, though. For 6s folks, start at 300k, might need 500k or 1MM. For the Front/rear, I run 10k, but lots of folks will run 50k-100k for the front and rear diffs.

Well I want to he able to fishtale so I need thick in the rear thin front and thick center
For drifting action, you are on the right track. Thick center, and thick rear.

Last edited:
I run 4S in my outcast with 50k/500k/50k oil and a 15T pinion. My buddy with a v2 talion runs 500k center, can't recall what he runs for gearing or what he runs in front/rear diffs. He only runs 6S. When we bash together on 75F+ days, he tends to spend a lot of time waiting for his to come out of thermal. I ran into overheating when I had proline trenchers on mine and I ran in the grass a lot. I geared down to 14T and still overheated, so I went back to 15T with a lighter tire/wheel. My buddy also runs trenchers and I think he does run a 15T pinion, which I think is too tall for 6S running.

I tried stock oils in the diffs for the first couple days of running and didn't care for how much it unloaded to the front when I got on the throttle. I put 50K in the front/rear just because it was what I had and that's what I use in my savage's. It's probably too heavy, but at least it leaks out slowly. :)

Anyway, after watching him run 6S, I do want to run 6S on occasion. As it is though, the outcast is a bit of a handful moreso than the talion or kraton because it's shorter, so I'd definitely need to learn better throttle control if I do switch to 6S.

I run 4S in my outcast with 50k/500k/50k oil and a 15T pinion. My buddy with a v2 talion runs 500k center, can't recall what he runs for gearing or what he runs in front/rear diffs. He only runs 6S. When we bash together on 75F+ days, he tends to spend a lot of time waiting for his to come out of thermal. I ran into overheating when I had proline trenchers on mine and I ran in the grass a lot. I geared down to 14T and still overheated, so I went back to 15T with a lighter tire/wheel. My buddy also runs trenchers and I think he does run a 15T pinion, which I think is too tall for 6S running.

I tried stock oils in the diffs for the first couple days of running and didn't care for how much it unloaded to the front when I got on the throttle. I put 50K in the front/rear just because it was what I had and that's what I use in my savage's. It's probably too heavy, but at least it leaks out slowly. :)

Anyway, after watching him run 6S, I do want to run 6S on occasion. As it is though, the outcast is a bit of a handful moreso than the talion or kraton because it's shorter, so I'd definitely need to learn better throttle control if I do switch to 6S.

I can attest to that. I got a Notorious since you were last here and I've been running 6s in it. It's a lot harder to drive than my Kraton and even my Typhon. It's just violent. I've given it too much throttle too quickly while doing a backflip and it whipped around so fast it scared the crap out of me. If there is one 1/8 scale Arrma I would run on 4s it would be the Notorious/Outcast.

I find the Typhon the most 'unpredictable' when driving (not jumping) compared to the Talion and Notorious at 6s. Might be because of the much narrower wheels/tyres compared to the backflips (Talion) and Road Crushers (Notorious).

It really comes down to where you plan to run it. If the area is big enough than you’ll want the 6s. But say you want to run it in a tighter area or track like previously mentioned. Then you won’t need all that speed. Like for instance sometimes I want to just run it at home, and my yard isn’t that big. I’ll throw in a single 3s pack, and have fun. That’s why to start with, I bought four 3s packs. Not to mention it was cheaper.

So you can run a single 3s in the Kraton?

Go to there website and call them Daniel Spencer or John should anwser they are open now

I always wanted to look into these things and I found it a bit confusing but that ebay link actually made it seem pretty simple somehow. I'm totally going to end up buying one of them soon. Thank you.
Do note that to get more than about 400w you will need a 24v power supply with most chargers(some are limited to 18v) when charging 6s lipos. I cannot remember the math but basically after a certain wattage it can no longer convert the 12v source into 24v.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back