Kraton Is 4s "boring" after using 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I race at an indoor 26 to 30 second per lap 1/8 scale track and my buggy along with the others and truggies are stupid fast while making laps on 4s. I just started running my new Kraton on 4s and have ran it on 6s but haven't gotten in a big enough place to use the 6s yet. I'm sure somebody is having heat issues with 6s cause I got a 158* can temp after 12 minutes on 4s while running and jumping around small trees with the 14 tooth pinion installed. I hit lipo cutoff on 4s 6500 and 7200 lipos at 11 to 14 minutes. I have a Tekno 15 tooth on order.

It really comes down to where you plan to run it. If the area is big enough than you’ll want the 6s. But say you want to run it in a tighter area or track like previously mentioned. Then you won’t need all that speed. Like for instance sometimes I want to just run it at home, and my yard isn’t that big. I’ll throw in a single 3s pack, and have fun. That’s why to start with, I bought four 3s packs. Not to mention it was cheaper.

3s single Lipo pack i didnt know you could run a single 3 s pack I assumed it would fry something due to low voltage

Update! Running a 4s 7400mAh from SMC and charging with a Hota D6 Pro (also from SMC website). No complaints! 4s itself is no joke and is plenty for my backyard, which is not small at 3/4 acre. Still, as soon as SMC has 6s back in stock I'll be all over it. : )

Still using the 12t pinion for now while waiting on a 13t from Robinson Racing. The "speed" gear that came included in the Kraton kit was a 15t, which I'm unsure of after reading of the potential for excess motor heat...

Anyway, this thing is great fun and I look forward to learning more!

Update! Running a 4s 7400mAh from SMC and charging with a Hota D6 Pro (also from SMC website). No complaints! 4s itself is no joke and is plenty for my backyard, which is not small at 3/4 acre. Still, as soon as SMC has 6s back in stock I'll be all over it. : )

Still using the 12t pinion for now while waiting on a 13t from Robinson Racing. The "speed" gear that came included in the Kraton kit was a 15t, which I'm unsure of after reading of the potential for excess motor heat...

Anyway, this thing is great fun and I look forward to learning more!

Go with max amps you wont regret it

Nope, no problem at all. I’m pretty sure it’s even in the manual stating 1x 3s.

The manual states "2x2S LiPo, 2x3S LiPo, 1x4S LiPo, 1x6S LiPo Battery ". Using a single 3S LiPo isn't mentioned in the manual so may not be supported.

The manual states "2x2S LiPo, 2x3S LiPo, 1x4S LiPo, 1x6S LiPo Battery ". Using a single 3S LiPo isn't mentioned in the manual so may not be supported.
Yeah, I couldn’t remember exactly what it said. I’ve run it several times on one 3s with zero problems. If anyone doesn’t feel comfortable doing so that’s their choice.

Yeah, I couldn’t remember exactly what it said. I’ve run it several times on one 3s with zero problems. If anyone doesn’t feel comfortable doing so that’s their choice.

That’s fine, I was simply clarifying what was in the manual due to your inaccurate claim.

If you look, I said I was pretty sure. Obviously not certain. So no claim made. I suggest not being so critical.

If you look, I said I was pretty sure. Obviously not certain. So no claim made. I suggest not being so critical.

Yeah you said “I’m pretty sure it’s even in the manual”. Then you said “I couldn’t remember exactly what it said”.

I suggest not stating you’re sure of something when you can’t actually remember.

Just as off subject what are your must carry spare parts for the notorious/outcast and..... What is real world with a quality 100c mph on these above mentioned trucks on 4s or 6s prefered results with high amperage single pack Lipos or graphene

But... it IS in the manual... :)
7B4F8873-2F17-4448-8D93-0FF826ECCEC3.jpeg

Lol, brilliant.
That’s the ESC spec page ? I was looking at this page.

Attachments

• BA7F7B45-103C-4842-A8C9-84C3A9140864.jpeg
    BA7F7B45-103C-4842-A8C9-84C3A9140864.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 34
I wish the stock ESC would let us manually choose cell count and what voltage for lipo cutoff. I missed the 3s spec in the manual also. The srock ESC doesn't beep to tell you how many cells it is detecting upon powering up. Sometimes this is wrong and why Hobbywing advises running the cell count in manual so the lipo cutoff is correct with whatever battery you are using. You just have to remember to change it if you change cell counts.

Uhh​
Ive got about 20 runs on 4S. Around pack number 10 i was itching for 6S. 4S is fun and you can still catch some good air, but it will leave you wanting more! I ran with the stock punch setting up until fairly recently...currently set at 9 :).

Out of the box i replaced the servo and did a Hot Racing servo mount. Front and rear diff switched to 30k and the center is at 100k. Tires also swapped to BakFlips. The only part that has broke was one of the rear diff bearings grenaded. Replaced everything with FastEddy bearings. This truck can take a serious beating and its really easy to work on.
Can you explain the benefits of running different viscosity lubes in the diffs

Mainly transfer of power. Like if your front tires are ballooning too much which can reduce traction/steering for example. Changing diff thickness can help offset things like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back