Kraton Is a hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor better than stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbanspirit

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey guys, I've decided to take the plunge and get myself a new Kraton however I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

To save some cash my plan was to swap my existing electronics into the Kraton and sell off the stock stuff. I currently have a mamba 8s and a hobbywing 4274 2200kv, would the hobbywing motor be better then stock or do I keep the stock motor and sell the hobbywing?
Also if the new transmitters are compatible with tactic recievers would that mean tactic transmitters will be compatible with the stock Kraton reciever?

Hobbywing is motor is new just a couple of runs on it, it's the ezrun 4274. And I would be comparing it to the new firma that comes with the rtr Kraton. Picking up the Kraton tomorrow

It’s very similar to the stock motor. It is a few KV faster, but that means it might run a little hotter. You would be better off with a lower KV motor around 1500-1700kv.

So the question really is do I sell the hobbywing and keep the stock motor or vice versa

That’s a nice motor but if it’s not overheating and your happy with the power keep it because the new spectrums get hot a little easy and aren’t the most powerful
I have 2 40mm fans on it so heat doesn't seem to be an issue. But as I said it's only been out on 2 runs in my basher

So the question really is do I sell the hobbywing and keep the stock motor or vice versa
Your stock motor is a Hobbywing and it’s roughly the same size. Stock is 4074 2050kv and your other is 4274 2200kv. The size difference is the ribs on the outside.

I'd go to a lower kv motor with the kraton, it's a heavy truck. You might be able to get away with the 2200kv on a lighter model like the typhon. I like the hobbywing 1650kv, hobbystar 1480 and 1730, paired with the max 6 in my 6s rigs. I run 1730 in all rigs but the outcast and kraton, they are running a 1480kv motor.

I'd go to a lower kv motor with the kraton, it's a heavy truck. You might be able to get away with the 2200kv on a lighter model like the typhon. I like the hobbywing 1650kv, hobbystar 1480 and 1730, paired with the max 6 in my 6s rigs. I run 1730 in all rigs but the outcast and kraton, they are running a 1480kv motor.
That's what I was wondering in a way, I know lower kvs = more torque but being from Canada our prices for motors are scary if your looking at any brand name stuff. The mmx8s here is just over 300.00 with taxes as an example.

That's what I was wondering in a way, I know lower kvs = more torque but being from Canada our prices for motors are scary if your looking at any brand name stuff. The mmx8s here is just over 300.00 with taxes as an example.
I def recommend hobbystar. I run them in 2 udr's, a senton, 3 typhons, 2 talions, kraton, notorious, and probably more i'm forgetting hahahaha

I def recommend hobbystar. I run them in 2 udr's, a senton, 3 typhons, 2 talions, kraton, notorious, and probably more i'm forgetting hahahaha
That’s alotta hobbystar 🤘🏻 I 2nd them, they are great. I just don’t like their lipos… puff puff….. passsssss

That’s alotta hobbystar 🤘🏻 I 2nd them, they are great. I just don’t like their lipos… puff puff….. passsssss
I don't know that i have tried any of their other stuff :unsure: I like the 4985 hobbywing but it's a lot of weight/clearance with an xmaxx heat sink and the 4092 slings right in just fine. I would think the rocket motors are probably similar too, looking the same at least. I haven't had one crap out on me yet and i abuse them pretty well. My lightened talion may get a tp4070 2250kv motor. It's absurd in my heavy vitavon'ed udr.

I don't know that i have tried any of their other stuff :unsure: I like the 4985 hobbywing but it's a lot of weight/clearance with an xmaxx heat sink and the 4092 slings right in just fine. I would think the rocket motors are probably similar too, looking the same at least. I haven't had one crap out on me yet and i abuse them pretty well. My lightened talion may get a tp4070 2250kv motor. It's absurd in my heavy vitavon'ed udr.
Love a 4092…. 1730 my favorite… so much torque…

Run a tp 1700 in a limitless hit 124 on stock gearing 8s they're monsters
Looked up the hobbystar 4092 1480kv, cost up here is 125 + duty + shipping be around 165 canadian. We Canadians get screwed. Lol

Run a tp 1700 in a limitless hit 124 on stock gearing 8s they're monsters

Looked up the hobbystar 4092 1480kv, cost up here is 125 + duty + shipping be around 165 canadian. We Canadians get screwed. Lol
I guess so! they are usually $90-95 here shipped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back