Kraton Is a new version of the kraton 4s being released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That what I’m trying to find out, you can get a 4s kraton I just want to know if the tires are as bad as they look and if anyone knows anything about the next version.
The tires are pretty good for most terrain. I would say the OC4S Backflips are better for some rougher areas, but the Minokawa tires are pretty great for high traction surfaces

The tires are pretty good for most terrain. I would say the OC4S Backflips are better for some rougher areas, but the Minokawa tires are pretty great for high traction surfaces
Stock tires on the K4S are not that bad like some claim to be, so I wouldn't pass on the V1 just because of that.

Sorry to be reviving this thread, but since I'm new to Arrma, I'm unfamiliar with which models are up-to-date, which models are long in the tooth and soon to be upgraded, and when new releases generally occur. I'm looking into getting a truck, so I've been considering the Kraton 4s or a Granite 3s. From what I've read, it sounds like the Kraton 4s is discontinued, possibly to be refreshed with a V2 in March 2021? I was at my LHS today and asked if they had a Kraton 4s to compare to their Granite 3s on display, and I was also told they're discontinued. However, it appears that you can still buy a Kraton 4s directly from the HH website. I'm not in any huge rush to get a new car, so I was wondering if it was worth it to wait for news of an updated Kraton 4s, or just buy a Granite 3s. I also read anecdotes that the 4s models were not that well received?

The 4S line is supposed to drop anywhere from April through June, but nothing written in stone. There will be updates from the V1, but no one is letting the cat out the bag as to what. It's on you if you are willing to wait or not. I am anticipating the V2 myself.

Sorry to be reviving this thread, but since I'm new to Arrma, I'm unfamiliar with which models are up-to-date, which models are long in the tooth and soon to be upgraded, and when new releases generally occur. I'm looking into getting a truck, so I've been considering the Kraton 4s or a Granite 3s. From what I've read, it sounds like the Kraton 4s is discontinued, possibly to be refreshed with a V2 in March 2021? I was at my LHS today and asked if they had a Kraton 4s to compare to their Granite 3s on display, and I was also told they're discontinued. However, it appears that you can still buy a Kraton 4s directly from the HH website. I'm not in any huge rush to get a new car, so I was wondering if it was worth it to wait for news of an updated Kraton 4s, or just buy a Granite 3s. I also read anecdotes that the 4s models were not that well received?

The K4S is on backorder on the HH site. The 4s line has been on backorder for quite awhile. I believe in some interview, J.D. said they ramped up production to make enough units to tide them over until the refresh but then they sold out while (I think) timelines got messed up. Nothing wrong with the 4s line other than the price point starts flirting with the low end of the 6s line and people start thinking that for "a few bucks more" they can get something with a metal chassis, better shocks, 3 diffs, etc.

The 4S line is supposed to drop anywhere from April through June, but nothing written in stone. There will be updates from the V1, but no one is letting the cat out the bag as to what. It's on you if you are willing to wait or not. I am anticipating the V2 myself.

Not like people have much of a choice since I don't think the current version has been available for awhile.

I'm excited to see what upgrades are coming for the V2 - but that may be tempered by how much of a price bump there is.

The K4S is on backorder on the HH site. The 4s line has been on backorder for quite awhile. I believe in some interview, J.D. said they ramped up production to make enough units to tide them over until the refresh but then they sold out while (I think) timelines got messed up. Nothing wrong with the 4s line other than the price point starts flirting with the low end of the 6s line and people start thinking that for "a few bucks more" they can get something with a metal chassis, better shocks, 3 diffs, etc.

Not like people have much of a choice since I don't think the current version has been available for awhile.

I'm excited to see what upgrades are coming for the V2 - but that may be tempered by how much of a price bump there is.
Not thinking much of a price jump unless they do something big.. it already came with all the upgrades for the most part so other then electronics change and metal gears and rubber bearings. I kinda hope they have some big surprises. I have been holding off on buying any new rigs until they release. I really want a completely different model.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll wait a bit and treat myself to a late birthday gift!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back