Is Banggood trustworthy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
The reviews on a lot of the products seem super inflated, for example, I can’t find a product that’s less than 4.8 stars, that seems kinda sketchy.

Ditto - bought some gear from them on the recommendation of others, and all good. Shipping took between 7-12 ish days. Most expensive thing I bought was my charger which was about £60 GBP on Bangood or £120 on Amazon…

Remember that Banggood is often shipped via the slow boat. Also, keep in mind many products are inexpensive Chinese budget line items. Don't expect high quality Castle, Neu, Scorched, type of quality and you won't be let down.

I grabbed all of these off BG with zero issues.

20201227_151209.jpg

20210507_194051.jpg

20210709_175621.jpg

Bought sevros, Vkar Bison. JLB J3 Speed and DHK Zombie from them years ago. Just don't be in a hurry. Its going to take time.

My only gripe regarding Banggood woud be returns/warranty cost. Return shipping can far outweigh the savings over a local seller and local shipping. Thats why AMZ would be higher $$$. AT least here in the States. Otherwise many items/products are the same. That's a personal call. Banggodd does have great selection and some different stuff ( not necessarily of a greater quality however) Luck of the draw sometimes.:unsure:

BG great for parts like servos, motors, screws, body clips, tires/wheels.

BUT there rtr vehicles are...

I just sold a box of Wltoys cars and parts ... all Banggood rubbish. Totally over small cars that aren't very durable and fiddly to work on. That goes for the JLB Cheetahs and DHK Maxximus's etc. Had both those trucks and they fall apart and are a pain to work on. The thrashing I gave both my Arrmas yesterday would have killed a banggood truck.

BUT they are great for cheap spares. Really good.

I’ve bought a lot of from them but nothing too crazy, bunch of servos, cheap esc, dumbo radios/receivers, flysky receivers, small lipos, rgt crawlers, wltoys, and various parts. OnLy trouble I had was a mistake in an order for 2.2 crawler wheels and tires. They sent me the right wheels but wrong tires. The language barrier was difficult but they sent me the right tires with another set of alloy 2.2 wheels. Told me just to keep the other set. I had to take some pictures, it might have taken a couple days between replies but nothing out of the ordinary. Probably easier than horizon...

While I’ve heard plenty of horror stories my experiences with BG & AliExpress both have been nothing but positive… I’ve made dozens of purchases over several years. A total of 2 lost packages both were during the pandemic & both were replaced. The only downside is the wait.

I’ve bought a lot of from them but nothing too crazy, bunch of servos, cheap esc, dumbo radios/receivers, flysky receivers, small lipos, rgt crawlers, wltoys, and various parts. OnLy trouble I had was a mistake in an order for 2.2 crawler wheels and tires. They sent me the right wheels but wrong tires. The language barrier was difficult but they sent me the right tires with another set of alloy 2.2 wheels. Told me just to keep the other set. I had to take some pictures, it might have taken a couple days between replies but nothing out of the ordinary. Probably easier than horizon...
I stretched 1.9 PB Rock Beasts onto 2.2's. ( Bead locks) Incredible traction.

This is encouraging. I have been wanting to check out some of the Banggood products Kevin Talbot raves about.
Banggood and Aliexpress are fine. Just buy from reputable sellers with some legacy and plenty of reviews (not the product reviews).

Do your research first, don't rely on a single Youtube channel that was paid to review. That is a general statement, it's simply not research and most likely you will be disappointed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back