Typhon Is it a good idea to put a hobbywing ezrun max8 combo in my typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milk Carton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I’ve always looked at the hobbywing ezrun max8 combo as a good motor and esc, and I would like to make my typhon way faster, but I think the typhon isn’t even a 1/8th scale, because it’s the same size as my senton 3s, so I don’t know, what do you think guys, my typhon is still broken, I already ordered some pieces for it, help me I made a mistake. I wanted the typhon 6s, but I don’t even know why did I chose the 3s, it’s a great rig for sure but, the typhon 6s appealed more to me, so I want to make it 6s with the hobbywing, is it a good idea?

For those who did it, please chime in. I’ve never done it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the old 8th scale system in a slash 4x4 syndrome. Truck becomes way too heavy (because that motor weighs a ton) and a 6s pack is another hunk of weight, it’ll throw off the handling severely and make the truck break every time you crash (more weight is more inertia, more inertia is more damage)

If I were to upgrade the current system I’d use a system that’s meant for the weight of that truck, like the castle mamba max pro or hobbywing max10 sct. Much lighter.

For those who did it, please chime in. I’ve never done it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the old 8th scale system in a slash 4x4 syndrome. Truck becomes way too heavy (because that motor weighs a ton) and a 6s pack is another hunk of weight, it’ll throw off the handling severely and make the truck break every time you crash (more weight is more inertia, more inertia is more damage)

If I were to upgrade the current system I’d use a system that’s meant for the weight of that truck, like the castle mamba max pro or hobbywing max10 sct. Much lighter.
Yeah, you are right, thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back