Is it possible to dye tbone racing bumpers blac without ruining the plastic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Everything is out of stock on tbone website the only thing that i can buy is the outcast 4s front bumper and modifie it but it is going to be blue or red discusting colors. I have been looking at their bumper sales and pretty much they sell 3-4 bumpers per month before they go out of stock for weeks or a month last resupply was late april. Anyone has a site where i can get my hands on the 4s kraton bumper? Thanks. I wont run my kraton without one. Atm the only thing im seeing is videos of their new ramp i quess they are busy promoting that instead of making what their brand makes the best. Sorry im a bit upset not being able to get anything to protect the front of my car

im about to buy th blue outcast 4s bumper i need to know if i can dye it safely?
I have a broken one I can test out. Give me a little bit. Oh wait its already black.

I doubt paint will stick to this plastic but haven't tried. It will definitely scrape off when you hit something.
tbone is notoriously bad in shipping items and that was before this stuff started.

I dunno if dying it black is the best option unless you can use a highly concrete solution than can penetrate the plastic but you could try. It’ll get scratched and scraped that the blue with show eventually. I first had a blue Typhon bumper on my K4S until it broke and I didn’t mind it. It had a unique look but that’s just me.

I’d just use gorilla tape to change it to black.

I dunno if dying it black is the best option unless you can use a highly concrete solution than can penetrate the plastic but you could try. It’ll get scratched and scraped that the blue with show eventually. I first had a blue Typhon bumper on my K4S until it broke and I didn’t mind it. It had a unique look but that’s just me.

I’d just use gorilla tape to change it to black.
Yeah because idk when they are going to resupply maybe next month tahts what their sales tells me

I think RIT dye would dye it quite well, I haven't tried though so don't hold me to it..?
Recently I used RIT dye on some bright red Axial parts and they came out jet black..!!??

Everything is out of stock on tbone website the only thing that i can buy is the outcast 4s front bumper and modifie it but it is going to be blue or red discusting colors. I have been looking at their bumper sales and pretty much they sell 3-4 bumpers per month before they go out of stock for weeks or a month last resupply was late april. Anyone has a site where i can get my hands on the 4s kraton bumper? Thanks. I wont run my kraton without one. Atm the only thing im seeing is videos of their new ramp i quess they are busy promoting that instead of making what their brand makes the best. Sorry im a bit upset not being able to get anything to protect the front of my car
I came across a guy doing a youtube vid on his K4S and noticed his front bumper was different than anyone I had seen so I asked and he kindly gave me the site...pos-arrma-kratonoutcast-4s-bumper...I don't know the quality of it because I have not built up the courage to pay $27 for a bumper that I don't need yet...but when I need one I will be ordering that one.

Last edited:
The tbone bumper looks a lot better than the 50$ one lul
I found someone who received two bumpers instead of one but he lives an hour from where i live and the post is always closed because he works when they are open

The tbone bumper looks a lot better than the 50$ one lul
I found someone who received two bumpers instead of one but he lives an hour from where i live and the post is always closed because he works when they are open
2 hour commute will suck...but the pain will go away when you install it :) right before the shut down i decided to get my body sprayed with LineX...what was suppose to be a 1 hour drive turned into 2 with traffic each way!!!...but when I got home and put that body on my truck...woooo lawddd :)

2 hour commute will suck...but the pain will go away when you install it :) right before the shut down i decided to get my body sprayed with LineX...what was suppose to be a 1 hour drive turned into 2 with traffic each way!!!...but when I got home and put that body on my truck...woooo lawddd :)
True but i don't think im going to have the lifetime warranty and for my familly a 30min roadtrip is long lol but i have a friend that doesn't mind much going far but the last time we went on the road for an hour was a few years ago

As mentioned above rit dye might work. It’s been used to dye polymer gun magazines for a while now. Youtube rit dye pmag.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back