Is it possible to remove paint from lexan? Not liking the outcast 4s paintjob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I really don't like the paint job of the 4s outcast possible to remove the paint wihout damagig the finish? I have been looking for metalic colors so far metalic copper has been nice anyone have a color suggestion?for some reason my brain keep showing me the outcast withmetalic white with the canada flag lol. Ehat the best paunt too to use tamiya?

Yes it's possible but IMO would be messy and time consuming. I heard of using brake fluid, nitro fuel, wd40, etc. etc.

Heard brake fluid will leave the lexan cloudy but won't show after repainted. Haven't done this before, but it's what Ive heard thru the years. Get a clear body and start from scratch. Get the color YOU like, not someone else's. I love blue, so many good looking shades. Dark metallic blue is one of my favorites like the new Kaiju. Yes tamiya is good paint, can't go wrong.
20200605_191058.jpg

100% support what @arrmadillo said.
I used nitro fuel to remove a small spot of over spray but I believe once you start using a lot of chemicals in there to remove paint you comprise the integrity of the body bud

With blue looks like the roof needs a second color. So yeah might sell the stock body and buy a clear body i still need to sell the typhon and the tires?
Yes it's possible but IMO would be messy and time consuming. I heard of using brake fluid, nitro fuel, wd40, etc. etc.

Heard brake fluid will leave the lexan cloudy but won't show after repainted. Haven't done this before, but it's what Ive heard thru the years. Get a clear body and start from scratch. Get the color YOU like, not someone else's. I love blue, so many good looking shades. Dark metallic blue is one of my favorites like the new Kaiju. Yes tamiya is good paint, can't go wrong.View attachment 87989
8950FC2D-9880-4895-A32C-B733660F38BE.jpeg

Last edited:
With blue looks like the roof needs a second color. So yeah might sell the stock body and buy a clear body i still need to sell the typhon and the tires?

View attachment 87990
I painted a BRCC body and it was a very satisfying feeling. I have two more to do but I like perfect, just like you do.
Clear bodies are worth it because even if we mess up, the thing will bash.

I really don't like the paint job of the 4s outcast
I have been looking for metalic colors so far metalic copper has been nice
The 4s Notorious is practically metallic copper..!!????

Paint the outside of the body and finish it with 2-3 coats of clear, scraping it after won’t wreck the paint it’ll just scuff the clear coat which can be resprayed anytime.

Just avoid any solvents that have acetone in it, that will eat the lexan. Look up YouTube videos of how to clear windows on lexan RC bodies and you'll find lots of methods to do it. The crawler guys do this all the time going for clear windows for scale look and repainting to do cool paint effects/designs.

Based on my research it seemed 15-20% nitro fuel was the best/easiest way followed by mild wet sanding and polishing if needed.

The stickers
You take them off carefully and you can reuse them, or wreck them and get whatever stickers you want (I’m doing a senton body with loser machine and dark seas stickers)

Once i remove the atickers the adhesive is gone
dude, purple metal flake and you'll be classic and cool! ? If you paint the outside the color is easy to find. I painted a drone with some but lost it.

1593804197978.png

Once i remove the atickers the adhesive is gone
Mine didn’t, but it didn’t matter cause I was tossing em anyways, so I don’t know what to tell you dude, your options are strip paint inside or lose stickers and paint outside, your choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back