Senton Is it possible to run a Senton on 3s with a Loop Connector?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
I'm thinking of picking up a Senton and I'd like to give my sons the opportunity to have some wheel time with it so I need to decrease the power to a novice level. The only batteries I have are 50c 3s. I was wondering if the Senton would run if I put a loop on one of the leads and only ran one 3s battery pack.

If you're not familiar with the loop I'm talking about, follow the link below:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFPJR&P=7

Thanks

Yes, this will work.
I use a jumper like this to run a single 6s pack.

I apologize if this is a dumb question as I have no idea of the specs of this ESC. Does the ESC have a minimum voltage requirement? If so, would the ESC only register the lipo as 11.1 volts? I have never seen a loop connector and don't know anything about it.....

I apologize if this is a dumb question as I have no idea of the specs of this ESC. Does the ESC have a minimum voltage requirement? If so, would the ESC only register the LiPo as 11.1 volts? I have never seen a loop connector and don't know anything about it.....
Yes it is 2s minimum voltage for esc... loop just connects circuit so 3s battery will be 11.1v 2 3s batteries in a series how esc is wired is 22.2v...

Here's a loop/jumper with a deans connector.
If you don't mind soldering, they're pretty easy to make.

arac4085_large.jpeg

Yes it is 2s minimum voltage for esc... loop just connects circuit so 3s battery will be 11.1v 2 3s batteries in a series how esc is wired is 22.2v...

I ran my Senton on a single 2s and a single 3s this last weekend and it didn't have any problems running on either. I only ran them for 5 minutes each but the only thing that I am worried about is causing damage to either the motor or the ESC by running this low of voltage. I would love to be able to swap to a 2s or 3s and let me son drive it and know that he won't break anything. Does anybody know for certain that a single 2s or 3s battery will not cause any damage to either component? I haven't seen any specs listed anywhere for either component.

You're not likely to damage the electronics by running low powered batteries. Consider what happens when a pack runs down. The biggest concern is damaging the pack by over discharging it. I use voltage alarms and set them for either 3.5v on normal runs or 3.9 when I know I won't have time to run my packs on a storage charge setting before I go to bed or work. The alarms sound long before the low voltage cutoff in the ESC triggers so I know my packs are never abused. This is really helpful in the Nero because it is very hard on packs when running in grass.

You're not likely to damage the electronics by running low powered batteries. Consider what happens when a pack runs down. The biggest concern is damaging the pack by over discharging it. I use voltage alarms and set them for either 3.5v on normal runs or 3.9 when I know I won't have time to run my packs on a storage charge setting before I go to bed or work. The alarms sound long before the low voltage cutoff in the ESC triggers so I know my packs are never abused. This is really helpful in the Nero because it is very hard on packs when running in grass.

I guess I will keep that in mind. If my 4 year old crashes into anything on a single 2s battery it shouldn't break anything since I crash it wide open on 6s and don't break anything :).

Yep I agree with Mr furious on this... I have low voltage alarms also and just be sure packs are not too hot and they are not being over discharged. Lva are cheap and defiantly a great idea on any lipo powered rc car.

Last edited:
This is good news...just finished my backyard track and need to tone it down a bit..4 and 6s are just waaaaaay too much speed for my track.. thanks for all the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back