Is it time to say goodbye...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Typhon 3s
... To my lipo or may I still use it without risks?
DSC_0524.JPG

DSC_0525.JPG

I'm not that sure but cells voltage and internal resistance is still fine.
15995916899191076242496.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you can use it without any type of risk. Some people will tell you to run it until it fails, some people will tell you to recycle it. Only you can decide what to do with it. Personally, I'd hook it up to a deans light bar, discharge it in the backyard 100% and toss it. It's a lot cheaper to replace a battery than a RC or even worse a home and personal possessions. Batteries like nitro fuel are expendable.

Just out of curiosity, how did you damage the cells like that in a hard pack?

Well there was a stone in the grass, 2-3 cm height, not more. But I didnt saw it and ran against it with my Typhoon at full speed. The car is absolutely fine but the top part of the hard case slipped of and was pushed against the back of the top two cells :(

The car simply made an extremely hard front flip...

If there are no signs of a tear or hole, I would run it. ??

Only the deformation you can see on the picture
I’ve seen much worse. If there’s no holes or if it didn’t swell up a lot, run it. Wrap it with good tape, like gorilla tape.

@jondilly1974 AHH! Question... Why do people wrap their lipos in duct tape? Is it for added protection from rocks, sticks and other crap or for another reason? I've seen a lot of YouTube videos where people have their batteries wrapped in tape.....

I wrap mine mainly to avoid chafing from the battery tray. Can't replace the protective wrap on a Lipo but no issue with tape.

Last edited:
@jondilly1974 AHH! Question... Why do people wrap their lipos in duct tape? Is it for added protection from rocks, sticks and other crap or for another reason? I've seen a lot of YouTube videos where people have their batteries wrapped in tape.....
Just an easy to replace casing. If you have a shrink bag, use that instead. Basically anything to prevent punctures of the foil.

Are those fconegy lipos 3 of them i have are like that but the ends of them are not like yours still runing strong after s hear exept one who i started to have high resistance

I've finally decided to run it and have no problems so far. But I've wrapped both lipos with duct tape ;)

I accidently put a olfa blade through the side of one of my cells on a 6s battery. I left it in the middle of my garage on the concrete for a month because i was worried it was going to swell and catch fire. My buddy wrapped it in electrical tape and has been running it for months lol. Some people are nuts.

If it didn't penetrate the plastic around the actual lithium internals you are fine. My guess you just cut the outer wrapping which is for show only.
Got a picture?

Lithium reacts with oxygen i.e. there is no doubt if you cut the protective wrap, question is always if you damaged and weakened it. At that point is just a risk to let your car go up in flames or cause damage at home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back