ADX-10 Is it worth buying a v1 Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamcash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I found a 2nd hand Talion v1 was just wondering if it worth buying second hand wondering about part problems etc .

Screenshot_20220711_025828.jpg

Screenshot_20220711_030202.jpg

Last edited:
So I found a 2nd hand Talion v1 was just wondering if it worth buying second hand wondering about part problems etc .
Pics and price would help a lot.

Most parts are still available

In good condition it's on auction 100 USD atm
For me it would have to be a really good deal. Either really cheap or already has a bunch of the upgrades done.
Yeah it has no upgrades if I can get it cheap I might get it but just worried about parts mainly for present and future

For $100, I'd grab it. I had a V1 Talion for a while, it was a good truck.

The red BLX180 was not a great ESC for a variety of reasons, #1 was bad throttle response, and #2, high failure rate. The motor is a short stack, 68mm long, but has good power - but will run hotter than the newer 74mm motors.

Parts - it was the same as a Kraton, but with narrow hubs. So any Kraton parts will fit it. For the hubs, Typhon hubs are a direct fit. So parts will be a non-issue.

Diffs - V1 diffs were not shimmed from the factory, and tolerances were looser than they are now. Expect to shim the diffs right away.

Also, it is missing the top plate over the diff. Minor/cheap part to replace.

If you end up getting it I’d buy that v1 talion body off you. Let me know. Thanks a lot

For me it would have to be a really good deal. Either really cheap or already has a bunch of the upgrades done.
Yeah it has no upgrades if I can get it cheap I might get it but just worried about parts mainly for present and future
In good condition it's on auction 100 USD atm

For $100, I'd grab it. I had a V1 Talion for a while, it was a good truck.

The red BLX180 was not a great ESC for a variety of reasons, #1 was bad throttle response, and #2, high failure rate. The motor is a short stack, 68mm long, but has good power - but will run hotter than the newer 74mm motors.

Parts - it was the same as a Kraton, but with narrow hubs. So any Kraton parts will fit it. For the hubs, Typhon hubs are a direct fit. So parts will be a non-issue.

Diffs - V1 diffs were not shimmed from the factory, and tolerances were looser than they are now. Expect to shim the diffs right away.

Also, it is missing the top plate over the diff. Minor/cheap part to replace.
Thankyou for your help
Also plan on new rear shocks. Looks like they have swapped in some small-bore clip style shocks on the rear.

The nice thing about the Arrma 1/8th scale stuff is the new parts are for the most part backwards compatible with the older models, some parts require you to replace other parts in order for them to fit. For instance if you bought new Kraton 6s takeoffs from Jennys you would also need to order new shock standoffs as the new shocks do not fit on the old standoffs.

Just remember when you are looking for parts you want basically want everything for a Kraton minus the, hubs, stub axles and hexes. For instance you don't want to buy new Talion shock towers or shocks as they are different.

Personally I liked the V1-V2 Talion better than the V3-current model but Arrma needed to change it so it was different from the Kraton.

And I have a set of V1 rear shocks that I am not using nor do I have a need for that you can have if you need them.

The nice thing about the Arrma 1/8th scale stuff is the new parts are for the most part backwards comtjanks for inpatible with the older models, some parts require you to replace other parts in order for them to fit. For instance if you bought new Kraton 6s takeoffs from Jennys you would also need to order new shock standoffs as the new shocks do not fit on the old standoffs.

Just remember when you are looking for parts you want basically want everything for a Kraton minus the, hubs, stub axles and hexes. For instance you don't want to buy new Talion shock towers or shocks as they are different.

Personally I liked the V1-V2 Talion better than the V3-current model but Arrma needed to change it so it was different from the Kraton.

And I have a set of V1 rear shocks that I am not using nor do I have a need for that you can have if you need them.

The nice thing about the Arrma 1/8th scale stuff is the new parts are for the most part backwards compatible with the older models, some parts require you to replace other parts in order for them to fit. For instance if you bought new Kraton 6s takeoffs from Jennys you would also need to order new shock standoffs as the new shocks do not fit on the old standoffs.

Thanks man but I'm not 100% if I want to buy or wait for something newer to pop up thanks for the info tho

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back