Big Rock Is it worth buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jes1888

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
  4. Vorteks
I was looking for a arrma fazon/ nero/ big rock and I found one used locally which is working all right according to the seller. However, it is not a shelf queen so it has scratches like any normal basher. What worries me is the parts availability. Do you guys think that it's worth it to buy a used one on this point and year? Thing is I'm not planning to make it a shelf queen either, I just want to use it regularly. So we can expect a few things will break given time. I want to see the opinion of previous/actual owners that can shed some light on it. Thanks in advance.

I've just sold a br and as a truck they are an absolute tank, very capable basher they just don't like huge air due to the weight, parts availability here in the UK is plentiful and Ebay has everything u need, only reason I sold mine is I'm itching for a build, good luck?

I was looking for a arrma fazon/ nero/ big rock and I found one used locally which is working all right according to the seller. However, it is not a shelf queen so it has scratches like any normal basher. What worries me is the parts availability. Do you guys think that it's worth it to buy a used one on this point and year? Thing is I'm not planning to make it a shelf queen either, I just want to use it regularly. So we can expect a few things will break given time. I want to see the opinion of previous/actual owners that can shed some light on it. Thanks in advance.
If you can get it for a good price, then go for it. Parts are still readily available through Tower Hobbies, JennysRC, Ebay, and Amazon. Upgrades from Hot Racing are all available as well. Love my Nero Big Rocks. Just like Woodentop said, these are over 13lbs without batteries, so don't send it too high/far and they'll be fine as far as breakages go.

The plan isn't to "send it". Just some street/grass /dust running around, so I think it could work. Price is around $350

received_189401038975408.jpeg

received_874189539714739.jpeg
received_283213282814806.jpeg
received_932275687209062.jpeg
received_718660008945071.jpeg
received_193852455133685.jpeg
received_732060154203675.jpeg
received_596481684314158.jpeg

Attached pictures for your viewing pleasure. Let me know what you guys think ? If it's worth it or no. Thanks in advance.

If it runs good, came with all the extras in the pics, and you're happy with it, then it's worth it. All RCs are money pits anyway.

For $350 I would say it is worth it, I don't see any huge scratches in the bottom so that is always a good sign.

Yes I would def check with shipping but it does seem like a good deal, I know some people think RC are a waste of money or money pits but if you do your research and plan for what you will do with it then I think you’ll be fine, like anything it is all on how
You treat it, lol go watch YouTube videos of ppl doing stupid poop and yes then it can be a waste but if you are making money doing stupid poop with your RC then have at it.

If u want one I'd go for it, spares,extra shell, looks not to have been bashed to hard, just make sure the diff brains are all working properly ?

My experience: go for the 6S rigs. Much more bang for the buck. And cheaper in the end. I had much more trouble with the BRCC than with my Kraton 6S. Latest are the worn out tires. I have to replace them after about 20 battery packs (2S only!). Kraton has about 40 battery packs and everything except the servo is still fine...

So I ended up buying, however truck needs some work. Due to work I haven’t been able even to take it out of the car (lol), but when I can I’ll show the problems it has, first, when ran it slowly wheels rotate but not straight, I guess it could be bearing or the end of the shaft, maybe something else. The original tires it has doesn’t have foam inside, dunno if that was because the come like that (doubt it) but the guy bought it like that. Other than that I need the motor bearings since the original motor is doing noises and haven’t been serviced, or the noise could be at some other point in the drivetrain, I’ll confirm that later on. I need help with batteries. I don’t have any 3s to run here, since I use a power hobby 5000 mah 100c in my talion. What’s the biggest battery dimensions I can fit in those trays? I don’t have a caliper to measure. Or what battery can you guys recommend? I’m looking for the biggest capacity I could fit in. Another is, what size are the motor bearings? Thanks to you all for helping me to make the purchase decision, I wanna put this truck in tip top shape!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back