Minnesota Is Minnesota an RC desert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to RC and came here looking for some fellow Minnesotans (specifically Twin Cities folk) willing to cough up their favorite bashing parks or nooks in the metro area but instead I find myself staring into an abyss. So, so sad...

I think it seems that way for a lot of us. There is close to 12,000 members but when you spread them over a lot of the globe, we are sort of few and far between.

I used to know several in the area (both places and people). Over the years it has dried up alot. Mostly I just go to nearby parks and drive with my kids.

The wet weather doesn’t help 2-3 times average rainfall in Wisconsin.

Parks and construction sites after hours or weekend. All sports complexes usually busy this time year with baseball n soccer but they great spots during the day

Yeah, I've found a couple ok parks nearby but man, I am jealous of people who live near BMX tracks or RC tracks... I've got some mountain bike paths around me but they are so narrow, not sure how much fun they'd be and I'd probably cause an accident there so not really planning on trying those.

In the 20 years I've been in RC, I've only met/ran with 4-5 people. When I bash, I sometimes drive a 90 mile circuit to hit various spots/skate parks. Lately I've just been hitting a public grass bmx track I found, which is 45 minutes away. Get there at 9am and leave around noon. If I still have working trucks, I'll hit a skate park or two on my way home.

I guess there's a "Bike Park" in Eagan that may be ok though the pictures of it make it look like the tracks are super narrow. Anyone try that place out yet? I may check it out soon. Not too far of a drive for me.

I guess there's a "Bike Park" in Eagan that may be ok though the pictures of it make it look like the tracks are super narrow. Anyone try that place out yet? I may check it out soon. Not too far of a drive for me.
I was there I’ve the summer. Not a bad spot. Weeds were taking over. Me and a buddy brought some weed whips down when we played. I’m looking for more spots also to bash my nitro trucks.
In the 20 years I've been in RC, I've only met/ran with 4-5 people. When I bash, I sometimes drive a 90 mile circuit to hit various spots/skate parks. Lately I've just been hitting a public grass bmx track I found, which is 45 minutes away. Get there at 9am and leave around noon. If I still have working trucks, I'll hit a skate park or two on my way home.
Where’s this grass bmx park at

I was there I’ve the summer. Not a bad spot. Weeds were taking over. Me and a buddy brought some weed whips down when we played. I’m looking for more spots also to bash my nitro trucks.

Where’s this grass bmx park at
Yorkville, IL. Was only commenting on this thread because I seem to live in a bit of an RC desert as well in Northern IL.

Could be worse, at least you have other people from your state on here, I am 100% positive I am the only South Dakota member on these forums. I think the next closest member is at least 6 hours away.

New to RC and came here looking for some fellow Minnesotans (specifically Twin Cities folk) willing to cough up their favorite bashing parks or nooks in the metro area but instead I find myself staring into an abyss. So, so sad...
I hit up the bike/skate park in Eagan a few weeks ago, bike park could be good but it's monster jumps and narrow, skate park was ok

I may try to get to the Eagan park this comming weekend (11-16 or 17) depending on the weather

What’s up my Minnesota bashing brothers!!
I finally decided to join rather than just lurk around and laugh my A$$ off at all the funny stuff everyone posts.
We need to have a Minnesota bash session! Although it’s pretty cold ? up here now. ?. I had to stop sending it like rcdude81 cause the plastic just won’t tolerate this damn cold....
I may try to get to the Eagan park this comming weekend (11-16 or 17) depending on the weather
What park in Eagan are we talking about? I’m in Lakeville, so pretty close.

What’s up my Minnesota bashing brothers!!
I finally decided to join rather than just lurk around and laugh my A$$ off at all the funny stuff everyone posts.
We need to have a Minnesota bash session! Although it’s pretty cold ? up here now. ?. I had to stop sending it like rcdude81 cause the plastic just won’t tolerate this damn cold....

What park in Eagan are we talking about? I’m in Lakeville, so pretty close.
It's called Eagan bike park, it's on the corner of Lexington and Diffley

That looks pretty good! Kinda like the one I was hitting up in Cottage Grove, but they have a sign that specifically says no rc’s ?So I go early and leave before school gets out. I also went to the faibault bmx track but had to climb the fence. ?
57A6960A-5262-464D-A24D-9A5BBC298AEB.png
C6317C49-8D58-4CF3-BEA0-009A072F6118.png

I built my own MEGA ramp so I’m mobile now. ? If anybody wants to hit the mega ramp with me let me know.
156EAE93-F51B-4218-9B8A-5D359447CCB9.jpeg
85D38974-2331-4F08-8637-20210EC44E8E.jpeg
8C1B5A57-9618-45C9-95B3-CDDCA2856448.jpeg

Last edited:
@Hammer Down , I will be severely disappointed if there is not a video soon of you attempting to jump your house with that ramp. ;) ?

10-15 years ago everyone was doing that with their Savages. Mostly with poor execution......haha.

That looks pretty good! Kinda like the one I was hitting up in Cottage Grove, but they have a sign that specifically says no rc’s ?So I go early and leave before school gets out. I also went to the faibault bmx track but had to climb the fence. ?
View attachment 53547View attachment 53548
I built my own MEGA ramp so I’m mobile now. ? If anybody wants to hit the mega ramp with me let me know. View attachment 53551View attachment 53553View attachment 53554
Damn that ramp is huge, I would have to work up to launching off that, I'm still a noob

I had to get a GoPro to capture all the crazy stuff I’ve been doing ? but I’m not real good at video editing/uploading.
I told my wife that I was going to jump the house with it! Only problem is there’s not enough room for a runway.

Back