Minnesota Is Minnesota an RC desert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goat hill on Sunday for one last sesh?
Weather looks ok.. 🤷‍♂️

I was out at a bash in New Richmond this afternoon, but I still got a few things left running! I'd stop by in the afternoon.

I picked up a Promoto on my way out to New Richmond, it's already busted and I haven't even driven it :ROFLMAO:

Don't be sad @Tex Koder , it done busted in the course of good fun!

Last edited:
I'm up for it, I'll bring the Promoto and SCT 410 out for a bash, maybe something else?
I was out at a bash in New Richmond this afternoon, but I still got a few things left running! I'd stop by in the afternoon.

I picked up a Promoto on my way out to New Richmond, it's already busted and I haven't even driven it :ROFLMAO:

Don't be sad @Tex Koder , it done busted in the course of good fun!
How did you break it before you even drove it?

Last edited:
Ok let’s call it 2pm tomorrow at the Eagan track for anyone who wants to join.
I’ll bing my promoto and both my 8s trucks. 🤙

I'm up for it, I'll bring the Promoto and SCT 410 out for a bash, maybe something else?

How did you break it before you even drove it?

My buddy's son took it on the maiden voyage, something happened and it just basically grinds on throttle. First test of my motorcycle mechanic skills!

Well if any yall from western mn and want to drive to Montevideo area, I could use a good bash buddy and have a couple of real good old farm sites that are great for bashing. PM me and let me know.

Checked out the RC track at Prairie Park in Otsego, MN over the weekend. There were maybe 10-15 people there over the course of the 3 hrs we stayed there. No power on-site, but a very nice track and we will certainly be returning. Drove the 4x4 Slash VXL and the Mojave 6s. I would say the track was a little too tight for the Mojave, but manageable. Just about perfect for the Slash.

Just comparing the tracks, this one is much better than the Eagan track. Bigger, more variety, better layout, etc.

onolCai.jpg

Checked out the RC track at Prairie Park in Otsego, MN over the weekend. There were maybe 10-15 people there over the course of the 3 hrs we stayed there. No power on-site, but a very nice track and we will certainly be returning. Drove the 4x4 Slash VXL and the Mojave 6s. I would say the track was a little too tight for the Mojave, but manageable. Just about perfect for the Slash.

Just comparing the tracks, this one is much better than the Eagan track. Bigger, more variety, better layout, etc.

onolCai.jpg
That’s about an hr from my house, I’ll have to check it out. 👍

Is that your van? Looks killer!

That’s about an hr from my house, I’ll have to check it out. 👍

Is that your van? Looks killer!

Yep, that's our 2013 E-350 V10 w/ Ujoint Offroad 4x4 conversion (Dana 60 front axle, 6" lift, manual transfer case). Pretty bare-bones passenger van inside. Gets used for camping, hauling motos/MTB, and general van stuff.

Was awesome for getting around during the heavy snow days last year. Haven't engaged 4wd at all this year :confused:

onolCai.jpg

The boys and I checked it out a couple years ago. Nice layout. About a dozen of us met up and had a lot of fun. It is a little tight. Most everyone was running 1/10 at the time. Including others that showed up. The biggest was my son's MAXX or my Summit. They were fine.

As Arise said, there's no power. We had several new pickups with outlets in the bed. That was awesome. No shade or seating. Luckily, another person had been there and gave us the heads up. We brought canopies and folding chairs. Also brought a grill and cooked up some dogs and burgers. Nobody yelled at us. Lol. It was hot. Brought beverages to stay hydrated. No restrooms nearby. You have to walk or drive to some. Just a heads up.

On the plus side, it's a huge complex. If you're bringing kids, they can ride their bikes while charging batteries. Or fly kites/RC's. There's a skateboard park and water park to cool down. And an archery range next to the track. We brought the bows to kill time while charging. If you're going to drive an hour or more, might as well plan ahead. Make the most of the day. Hope that helps.

Back