Minnesota Is Minnesota an RC desert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang that sun gear is dunzo
Ring and pinion gears are also toast. The other sun gear is missing a tooth, presumably from eating the other bits of its brother's backside. The lsd plates also got all bent up as well.

My theory is that this was caused by the ring/pinion failing. It started slipping/skipping and my guess is that the shock of slip to grab broke the pin recess on the sun gear. Oops.

@Hammer Down Here's this weeks project. Going from 14mm to 17mm.

20210112_201619.jpg

20210112_201643.jpg

Last edited:
Those should hook up pretty good! 👌

I found a solution for flooding the track, runs off a cordless drill.
$10 at harbor freight 😎
View attachment 119663
I'm hoping so.

I saw something similar. I think someone tried one of those last year and didn't really work very well. I'm hoping a little melted yesterday and today and refreeze before we get snow.
Fyi. Gonna head down on Saturday. Probably more just for track maintenance with the snow coming.

I'm hoping so.

I saw something similar. I think someone tried one of those last year and didn't really work very well. I'm hoping a little melted yesterday and today and refreeze before we get snow.
Fyi. Gonna head down on Saturday. Probably more just for track maintenance with the snow coming.

That’s cool, I’m super busy with work now, so not sure when I’ll be able to make it out again... hopefully @Dutch had some time to make a set, he needs to get down there and check it out. It’s super fun!! 🤩
Actually everybody in the MN group should check it out! 👍

That’s cool, I’m super busy with work now, so not sure when I’ll be able to make it out again... hopefully @Dutch had some time to make a set, he needs to get down there and check it out. It’s super fun!! 🤩
Actually everybody in the MN group should check it out! 👍
Yea, it's a blast. Everyone should check it out. Hoping with the new snow that we can work on some bashing areas for non-ice racers.
Winter bashing and Ice Racing. 800 water st St. Paul.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-213343_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-213343_Maps.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 32
Have had no time to do anything, life just keeps getting in the way of my RC fun, hope to have some time next week and get something ready for the track or at least make it down there to check it out 🐄

I'm heading down shortly. Not gonna rave today. Just bringing the Kraton and bashing.

Heading down to the Ice track tomorrow. Bring a shovel. Finally going to get some snow to build some jumps.

Come down if ya can. Hopefully going to have a good turn out. There's a crawling event that's going on near ther race track also.

Wow, the minnesota page has grown. Last time I checked there were no postings at all. I guess that shows how long it's been since I checked. So i am also from the twin cities area as well and like to bash and do speed runs. I have a few friends that like to bash as well. Maybe once it gets warmer I could get in on some bash sessions. You all have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Minnesota people, new to the rc world looking for good places to run starting to get nice out.
Welcome neighbor!
Once I’m caught up with work I’d be more than happy to get together and smash up some trucks. 😜

Back