Is my battery puffy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiden

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
The top of my battery is a little airy when I push on it by the rest of the battery feels fine. So is my battery fine.

Attachments

• 11DE0278-EC88-47BD-989F-01918AAF8F1F.jpeg
    11DE0278-EC88-47BD-989F-01918AAF8F1F.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 59
The top of my battery is a little airy when I push on it by the rest of the battery feels fine. So is my battery fine.
It looks a tiny bit puffy but if it were mine I wouldn't be over concerned right now. I wouldn't charge it unattended but it's a good idea to not do that anyway.
I have many packs that look like this or even worse and still use them over and over again. Be sure to not over-discharge and follow the general lipo guidelines and you should be in good shape.

It is fine. Run it but follow proper procedures for charging and storage.

Also looks like a Power Hobby pack and imo they're very dependable and well-built for the cost. I have a couple 3s packs and I think a 6s pack and they've been good for me time and again.

If it charges fine and all the numbers are in check I'd run it, just keep a eye on it as time goes buy. I run my puffy SMCs and they are much worst than yours.

Attachments

• 20200121_163733.jpg
    20200121_163733.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 50
It looks a tiny bit puffy but if it were mine I wouldn't be over concerned right now. I wouldn't charge it unattended but it's a good idea to not do that anyway.
I have many packs that look like this or even worse and still use them over and over again. Be sure to not over-discharge and follow the general lipo guidelines and you should be in good shape.
Ok thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back